Ana Konjuh - Page 291 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #4351
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Glad she'll try to fix this touring of indoor events, good luck Ana
I wonder if Ana has much experience on indoor hard-courts. In that video of her training for the Australian Open, she was on indoor hard.

The conventional wisdom says that European players grow up on clay (and I've heard Marin Cilic say he did). Is the majority of Ana's experience on clay?
Advertisement

Old Oct 16th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #4352
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
I wonder if Ana has much experience on indoor hard-courts. In that video of her training for the Australian Open, she was on indoor hard.

The conventional wisdom says that European players grow up on clay (and I've heard Marin Cilic say he did). Is the majority of Ana's experience on clay?
Well, all I can tell you is that the vast majority of courts around here are on (outdoor) clay so yes, most players grew up on that surface, but I wonder what's the case for Ana in this regard. She played 3 pro indoor events so far and is still to pass the 2nd round, so maybe it's not where she feels most comfortable, at least yet. But then, looking at her junior results one notices 2 singles and one doubles G4 title won by, at the time, a barely 14 y.o - not something to discard. Ana. So yes, her competitive experience indoors is limited, therefore, she might do much better in these conditions next year. Let's hope so.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #4353
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

yeh, i remember Kvitova once said she grew up playing on clay the majority of time, that's the only court in her hometown

but how is the court condition in Limoges? slow, high bounce or fast?

hard to tell anything from that weird scoreline, obviously something is wrong. but as long as it does not become a pattern for Ana, we shouldn't be too worried about her
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #4354
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuxfaces View Post
Ana has been awarded a wildcard into the $100 000 Poitiers main draw according to the tournament's twitter feed (@IFV86)
oh, maybe our little champ was so pissed with today's loss and decided to end the year with something meaningful
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 06:27 AM   #4355
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
oh, maybe our little champ was so pissed with today's loss and decided to end the year with something meaningful
Looks like she's eager to end the season as close to top 200 as possible, but with these two results from the past week(s) it'll be a mighty tough job to reach the goal.
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #4356
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Most Eastern Europeans are Clay/Indoor-Hard players and I think these different surfaces are the reason for them dominating right now

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #4357
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
Finally! I thought she'd never get a wildcard to a big tournament...

So Konjuh, Lucic and Vekic all playing in Poitiers, so excited!
Svizac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #4358
country flag ma re

Wonder if she can/will enter doubles there. I think, for instance, she and Lucic would be serious contenders for the title.
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #4359
country flag ma re

Also, slam qualies cut-offs are usually between numbers 205 and 235 (give or take some), with Melbourne always having the lowest. I think it would be smart to make that a goal for this year, considering recent problems. So #235 is currently 50 points away from her and I'd say, if we take into account all the restrictions she's faced with, it would be a nice achievement to guarantee herself a spot in the Melbourne qualies, so that she can use that wild-card for something else. But she'll have to dig deep to get those 50 points by the end of the season.
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #4360
country flag Elphaba

Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice

Croatia is in Southern Europe, clearly.
Elphaba is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #4361
country flag ma re

ITF says Feuerstein, Foretz Gacon, Coin and Parmentier got the main draw wild cards for Poitiers Maybe that info on Twitter was just a mistake
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #4362
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Who knows, maybe she is injured or simply not feeling good after that terrible match against Kalinina

She probably WD
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #4363
country flag ma re

Well technically she withdrew over a week ago, but sometimes people who appear on the withdrawal list end up getting a wild card. Anyway, hope she shows up.
Old Oct 17th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #4364
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
Croatia is in Southern Europe, clearly.
You I know what I mean
Ukraine is almost Southern Europe if you are talking Geographically

I hope she gets to play Still, as ma re said, many people on the withdrawal entry get MDWCs

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 06:13 AM   #4365
country flag ma re

A confusing report on FB, saying that Ana is back home for some family time and has three days off. Three days means by the end of the week, which might mean she'll be back in action in Poitiers, but then, why on Earth would she come home from France only to return three days later. And also, usually when she writes about family time it's when she is off from practice sessions due to one of a variety of reasons.

Also, I found THIS, an article in French from yesterday morning, which says Ana was offered a wild-card, but doesn't strictly specify that she accepted. However, later on in the article (in the very same paragraph) a tournament official is calling for the crowd to come watch these young stars, so I'm hoping he means Ana as well by that. Anyway, that's how much I got thanks to the almighty Google Translator. Btw, it also confirmes that there will again be streaming and that it should be even better than last year.

Last edited by ma re : Oct 18th, 2013 at 06:24 AM.
Closed Thread