Ana Konjuh - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 09:13 PM   #406
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Stronger than the u18 imo
Agreed. 18s has more depth though

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #407
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

European Junior Championships, 2012, Girls 16

2nd Round

Ana Konjuh-Elba Kasum 6-0 6-2

No trouble at all...
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #408
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Does she get any rankig points from this tournament ?
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #409
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
Does she get any rankig points from this tournament ?
No, it's U-16...not U-18...
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #410
country flag okramb

2nd Round Doubles

Fett/Konjuh-Grabher/Kasum 6-2 6-0

Kasum is getting to know Ana very well...
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #411
country flag okramb

3rd Round

Ana Konjuh-Nina Potocnik 6-7 6-1 6-1

After a struggle in the first set, Ana easily won 2nd and 3rd
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #412
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Too close

Old Jul 25th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #413
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Well, Nina Potocnik ain't an easy opponent and just won a G3 last week and yet Ana should have won the first set. At least she won the others in such a manner
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #414
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Veronika Kudermetova-Ana Konjuh 36 76 76
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #415
country flag chingching

Anyway, next tourney
She is overranked and Veronika is underranked + had the mental advantage of being the better Tennis Europe player so this isn't that bad a loss

Old Jul 27th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #416
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, you win some, you lose some...it's a shame but making it to the last 8 (if I'm right?) is definately not bad. Here's hoping for some better luck in her next event
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #417
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Oh well, you win some, you lose some...it's a shame but making it to the last 8 (if I'm right?) is definately not bad. Here's hoping for some better luck in her next event
Last 16
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #418
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I do like Ana, but given that there are players like Kudermetova, Sharipova, Bencic, Abanda and Schmiedlova who would most likely defeat her, I think that she is overranked. Not by much, but she is

There are others who are also overranked and many would argue that they are underranked, but I just don't think that Ana is the 11th best 18U Junior player in the world

This is an interesting statement. So basically you are questioning the ranking system, because the ranking system says that based on the results made in the past year she actually is the 11th best junior in the world. Ranking indicates the level of consistency on a given level of competition and quantifies that with points, so that's that.

Some players are at certain periods of time ranked higher than some other, which showcases that they've been more consistant on more rewarding levels of their sport. Many claim that Serena Williams is the most talented female tennis player of our time, but if during her time Caroline Wozniacki or Jelena Jankovic were ranked higher, does that mean they somehow became more talented than her at the time?

Besides, how can we even know that some player is more talented than another one? Is there an empirical method of determining talent in athletes? I've never heard of such scientific system, and I doubt there'll ever be one in existance, cause, what parameters would we use to determine the level of something as abstract as talent?

As with me hating all your players, that is far from the truth. There are many croatians I like including Lekaj and Donna, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't criticise them. I criticise many players I like, because sometimes they are not always perfect. I don't see why everyone is so shocked that I believe that, when everyone in the Juniors thread does

Something you don't understand is that cheering thread does not equal angelic thread, where the only thing you can say is how amazing a player is. If you criticise them, in a way that is a sign of liking thrm in that you're trying to help. Except for repetition, none of my comments of the players aforementioned are invalid
I'll give you that cause I bash players which I like from time to time as well. But I also speak positive of them when they are winning and playing well; often times, your criticisms outweigh your compliments of the same player by quite a bit, and that's why some people might have issues with your comments
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #419
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Ana in the European Championships. Taken by some guy from www.juniortennis.ru

Pink doesn't fit her, in my opinion
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #420
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I'll give you that cause I bash players which I like from time to time as well. But I also speak positive of them when they are winning and playing well; often times, your criticisms outweigh your compliments of the same player by quite a bit, and that's why some people might have issues with your comments

I like your comment
I know that sometimes I outweigh the good with the bad, but I am trying to work on that
And the thing I like more about Donna is her personality then her game or results
I don't think I bash Ana that much, I just said that I thought she was overranked
As you say, the rankings are done on consistency, not talent. In this way, Ana should be top 10, as she is probably one of the Top 5 full time Juniors
But I do rankings on wins, which may be flawed, but that's just how I see them
If you did WTA Rankings on wins, would Errani be Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Ana in the European Championships. Taken by some guy from www.juniortennis.ru

Pink doesn't fit her, in my opinion
Thanks for the picture
I agree
She is more of a darker pink, or dark blue. This goes well with people with Brown hair from Eastern European Countries in general, especially ones with tanned skin

Closed Thread