Ana Konjuh - Page 274 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #4096
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Oh really I thought she was already part of IMG
So who manages her? And what exactly do IMG etc. do and what is the advantage for them to virtually pay for WCs
I don't know who manages Ana, but I do know that IMG doesn't have to pay anyone for Miami WC's cause they own the tournament - the management company actually runs the event. It's even stated at the tournament website "In 1999, the tournament was purchased by IMG."
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 29th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #4097
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I don't know who manages Ana, but I do know that IMG doesn't have to pay anyone for Miami WC's cause they own the tournament - the management company actually runs the event. It's even stated at the tournament website "In 1999, the tournament was purchased by IMG."
Do you have to pay IMG to be managed by them? Aside from the occasional WC what's in it for you?
And why would they buy a tournament

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #4098
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

What's in for you? Really?
They give you best sponsors in a world and a lot of money.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #4099
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Do you have to pay IMG to be managed by them? Aside from the occasional WC what's in it for you?
No, they get a percentage of your "future" income( prize money, sponsorship).

What's in it for the player? : IMG has an academy with a lot of professionals( coaches, trainers...) , they pay some of your expenses, they will look for sponsors for you...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #4100
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you in Croatia (or able to follow our tv stations), in 10 minutes on HTV 2 there'll be a sports show with (among other things) Ana and Borna as guests. Not sure I'll be able to watch so if someone can summarize once it's over that'd be great
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #4101
country flag ma re

Quote:
To answer that question it would be best to look at the financial reports issued by the tournament. Big tournaments usually generate a lot of cash so there's your answer. For instance, USO will be building a roof on the AA stadium which'll reportedly cost 100 million dollars - surely some of it will come from the national federation and/or business partners, but still, they obviously have a very healthy budget.
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #4102
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

It's better for her not to sign any agency. When she gets really good (top50 or so), she will be able to negotiate on much better conditions

www.teamula.com. Are YOU team Ula ENOUGH?
TeamUla is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #4103
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

Chingching, you little sweet idiot, all WTA, ATP tournaments' licences are owned by marketing agencies (IMG - Miami, Octagon - Katowice etc. , Lagardere - Indian Wells I think )

www.teamula.com. Are YOU team Ula ENOUGH?
TeamUla is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #4104
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUla View Post
Chingching, you little sweet idiot, all WTA, ATP tournaments' licences are owned by marketing agencies (IMG - Miami, Octagon - Katowice etc. , Lagardere - Indian Wells I think )
Oh thanks you dumb fugly slut I am sorry I don't spend all my time looking into who owns tournaments
Anyway, thank you ma re. I still don't see either A) the advantage for the company if they have to pay Ana to sign with them or B) the advantage for Ana if she has to pay the company

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #4105
country flag ma re

Quote:
Anyway, thank you ma re. I still don't see either A) the advantage for the company if they have to pay Ana to sign with them or B) the advantage for Ana if she has to pay the company
Well...

A) They do have to pay a player but the advantage for them is that because they can offer this player a lot, they can also draw a really good talent early on for a long-term contract, ahead of the competition stealing him/her and

B) A player usually doesn't pay the company, just negotiates to give up a percentage of future earnings (or makes some similar deal) in order to benefit from the advantages this particular company has. Not all companies are equal and if you sign with a bigger one you can get important WC's etc.
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #4106
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Oh thanks you dumb fugly slut I am sorry I don't spend all my time looking into who owns tournaments
Good points ma re , just to add

A) They will easily make their money back. In most cases the player has only to become a solid top 100 .

Obviously the tournaments need a marketing firm to help them find sponsor, negotiate tv deal....
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #4107
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUla View Post
It's better for her not to sign any agency. When she gets really good (top50 or so), she will be able to negotiate on much better conditions
Yes but obviously it is a calculated risk.
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #4108
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Ana isn't poor and she doesn't need to accept first offer.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 10:29 AM   #4109
country flag ma re

Ana close to being seeded in the Joue-Les-Tours qualies (10th ATM)
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 10:40 AM   #4110
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Wow, entry lists for both 50K's are extremely strong

Can't wait to see what will Ana do there