Ana Konjuh - Page 273 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #4081
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
If I understand correctly it's a total of 10 plus those 3 she got for finishing 2012 as #1 junior. So far she has played 6 (plus Fed Cup which she is allowed to play anyway). But I'm still not sure if those 3 count as additional tournaments.
Yes, they do. So in her case she has 4 left + 3 merited increases(finishing 2012 in junior top 5, reaching the final of AO & USO). The good news is that she doesn't have to use the merited increases this year.

" Merited increases earned in
one birth year may be carried over to subsequent birth years provided
that the player does not exceed four total merited increases
per birth year." wta rulebook page 250

Last edited by guichard : Sep 27th, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
guichard is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #4082
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

So it's a max. of 4 ME's per year? Didn't know that either. Thanks for explaining. I did think that ME's don't count under those 10, but was puzzled by the fact that in every single interview when she was asked about restrictions she'd always say she can only play 10 events this year - without mentioning anything else.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #4083
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
So it's a max. of 4 ME's per year? Didn't know that either. Thanks for explaining. I did think that ME's don't count under those 10, but was puzzled by the fact that in every single interview when she was asked about restrictions she'd always say she can only play 10 events this year - without mentioning anything else.
Yes, max OF 4 ME's per year. I am puzzled too . It will be interesting to see what she does this year and next
guichard is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #4084
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of

when is she gonna start getting WCs into WTA events?

junior no. 1 and multiple junior slam champ.

bencic gets a lot of WCs so why not ana?
GOyoungUSA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #4085
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

She refused WC for Miami this year, she and her team decided that it is too early for tournaments like that. I'm sure that she will get few WC's next year, she really deserves them.
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #4086
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOyoungUSA View Post
when is she gonna start getting WCs into WTA events?

junior no. 1 and multiple junior slam champ.

bencic gets a lot of WCs so why not ana?
There are many factors at hand, including who manages you and who are your sponsors, among others - Bencic is from Switzerland and that's probably a factor too (a very rich country with many consumers of great liquidity). For example Venus Williams was give WC's for her first (ever) 4 events and they were all WTA's. Maybe Ana chose not to accept some eventhough she was offered - we can't know that (as I recall she was offered one for Strassbourg WTA and declined). With these restrictions it's silly to take WC's for strong events and bomb out in R1 if you can play more matches and earn more money some other way.
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #4087
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Bencic has connections in the lower countries and is more willing to risk bombing out in R1 Ana made the smart decision

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #4088
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of

I think ana is more than good enough to win a round with a solid draw.

Bencic got 70 points for winning a round in Tokyo, that's as much points as you get for winning a 50k
GOyoungUSA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #4089
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are many factors at hand, including who manages you and who are your sponsors, among others - Bencic is from Switzerland and that's probably a factor too (a very rich country with many consumers of great liquidity). For example Venus Williams was give WC's for her first (ever) 4 events and they were all WTA's. Maybe Ana chose not to accept some eventhough she was offered - we can't know that (as I recall she was offered one for Strassbourg WTA and declined). With these restrictions it's silly to take WC's for strong events and bomb out in R1 if you can play more matches and earn more money some other way.
Remember that Bencic signed management contract with Octagon, who "owns" Luxembourg and Bastad (that's the way she got these WCs)

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13, Marrakesh'14 | Suicide: (CH: #6) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13, F Marbella'11, F Quebec'11, F US Open'11 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, W Brisbane'14, W RG'14, F Brussels'11, F Stanford'11
JustPetko is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #4090
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPetko View Post
Remember that Bencic signed management contract with Octagon, who "owns" Luxembourg and Bastad (that's the way she got these WCs)
Didn't know that (thnx for the info), but it makes perfect sense. Our players are also sometimes provided with WC's for tourneys owned by their managment companies (IMG made sure Tomljanovic gets them for Miami on several occasions).
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #4091
country flag ma re

Some interesting names currently on the Joue-Les-Tours quali list: Parmentier, Savinykh, Barrois, Bogdan, Mircic, Krajicek, Domachowska...
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #4092
country flag ma re

Mirjana is playing there too Haven't realized! Now THAT would be a match to watch

Guess you can tell I'm looking forward to this tournament...
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #4093
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Didn't know that (thnx for the info), but it makes perfect sense. Our players are also sometimes provided with WC's for tourneys owned by their managment companies (IMG made sure Tomljanovic gets them for Miami on several occasions).
Remember Ana was not only offered Strasbourg but also Miami and I think Florianapolis IIRC
Anett got her Miami WC because Ana didn't take hers

But in reality, it's better she doesn't play WTA The Prize Money is crap for earlier rounds and little points even if she wins a Round at an International If you are going to play WTA, better to do what Donna did and play really weak ones For example, she could have made QF or even SF in Baku IMO

It is really admirable and appropriate that she is really earning her points even though if she wanted she could jetset And we have to remember that she's just 15!! It's important for her to see her family (which she doesn't much ), go to school, have a social life... That's much easier to do if you're going to tournaments around Croatia than if you're constantly going to Uzbekistan, Brazil, Indonesia, South Africa, India, Bangladesh and Nigeria

Old Sep 29th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #4094
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Ana didn't want to sign IMG contract, that was firts precondition for miami wc (and some other in future).
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #4095
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
Ana didn't want to sign IMG contract, that was firts precondition for miami wc (and some other in future).
Oh really I thought she was already part of IMG
So who manages her? And what exactly do IMG etc. do and what is the advantage for them to virtually pay for WCs

Closed Thread