Ana Konjuh - Page 272 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #4066
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

The latest (interview - in English): http://www.tenniseurope.org/news_item.aspx?id=77302
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 24th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #4067
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
At least that sounds like a flu or something of the sort. She probably wouldn't have said it that way if it were a muscle or a ligament.
I agree , hopefully we will know more soon.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #4068
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Ana honey, you really know when to get sick - action from 25k Seville will be streamed today
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #4069
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Looks like Ana will play two strong 50K's in France, both starting in qualifications. I guess that her team probably decided not to go to Australia

BTW. Does Ana have some JE's for this year?
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #4070
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

i assume she'll play a wta the first week of the year (qualifying draws usually have a low cut-off) and then AO qualies. no reason to play the weak AO challenger circuit.
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #4071
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
Looks like Ana will play two strong 50K's in France, both starting in qualifications. I guess that her team probably decided not to go to Australia

BTW. Does Ana have some JE's for this year?
Not for this year. She used them already.
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #4072
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
i assume she'll play a wta the first week of the year (qualifying draws usually have a low cut-off) and then AO qualies. no reason to play the weak AO challenger circuit.
Well, tourneys of the first week usually don't have draws which are *that* weak, qualie cut-offs are around #200 even for Internationals. The reason of course being that there aren't many tournaments to play before the start of AO so everyone wants to play whatever they can. That's why I don't think she'll play anything before the AO unless she does really well in the remaining tournaments of this season, and even then I wouldn't be too sure about it. Would be interesting to see her prove me wrong, of course
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #4073
country flag Silent Shout

Silent Shout is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you guys know Ana will play those two 50K's in France? And how can I found out what's her schedule's gonna be like? Other than checking the acceptance list for every upcoming ITF tournament, of course..
Silent Shout is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 12:23 AM   #4074
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Shout View Post
How do you guys know Ana will play those two 50K's in France? And how can I found out what's her schedule's gonna be like? Other than checking the acceptance list for every upcoming ITF tournament, of course..
We had her schedule until the end of the year but it changed.( look at post 3223)

We checked the acceptance lists on the ITF site. They are released every Thursday. So she is playing week of October 7 & 14 those 2 $ 50K ITF in France.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Last edited by guichard : Sep 27th, 2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #4075
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Well, tourneys of the first week usually don't have draws which are *that* weak, qualie cut-offs are around #200 even for Internationals. The reason of course being that there aren't many tournaments to play before the start of AO so everyone wants to play whatever they can. That's why I don't think she'll play anything before the AO unless she does really well in the remaining tournaments of this season, and even then I wouldn't be too sure about it. Would be interesting to see her prove me wrong, of course
I think she should. I think this can clearly be seen with Donna that playing a smaller tournament before a Grand Slam can be beneficial to your result and not playing one damages it. I understand that doesn't correlate with her results, but in terms of form, I think Donna went in to Wimbledon and lost to a much more difficult opponent than she did at the other Grand Slams where she either lost to a weaker player or beat a weaker player and then got smashed by a better one I think if she could play something like Brisbane or Auckland that would be beneficial but not Shenzhen because it is so cold and will damage her result

She she isn't coming to Australia as she would be one of my favourites to win at least one of the 50Ks but I guess they don't want to go to Australia twice
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #4076
country flag ma re

Anyway, in order to play any of the Internationals on the first week of 2014 season she should be around #210 by early December (tournaments start on the 30th and the qualie entry deadline is 3 weeks before the start of the main draw). That's approximately 100 points away at the moment - not impossible, but a tough task.
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #4077
country flag ma re

Tough two weeks on indoor hardcourts coming soon for Ana. Well, if she reaches the semifinal in Joue-Les-Tours she'll probably get an SE for Limoges - that's easy, right

Jokes aside, I hope she makes it into that Limoges quali draw, cause looking at it now (she's 19th, two weeks before the start) I'm not overly confident. Also, it's interesting to see Lottner using her JE for Joue-Les-Tours, maybe it motivates Ana even more to qualify and who knows...they might even meet there.
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #4078
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

I really think tournament like Auckland would give her QWC at least.
Not that there are many promising players from NZ out there.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #4079
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

How many tournaments left for her before her birthday?
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #4080
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUla View Post
How many tournaments left for her before her birthday?
If I understand correctly it's a total of 10 plus those 3 she got for finishing 2012 as #1 junior. So far she has played 6 (plus Fed Cup which she is allowed to play anyway). But I'm still not sure if those 3 count as additional tournaments.
Closed Thread