Ana Konjuh - Page 254 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #3796
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
I hope I don't ruffle too many feathers by saying this, but to me Ana feels much more like the real thing than Donna. When Ana plays, I always feel like she's going to win, but I don't feel the same way with Donna. It's probably because Donna didn't accomplish very much in juniors and has played some very weak pro tournaments to get her ranking up.
I totally agree. It's not that Donna is not good. It's just that Ana is SCARY good. I hope I don't jinx her now .
mic12 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #3797
country flag Silent Shout

Silent Shout is an unknown quantity at this point

lost the doubles match, in super tiebreak. 7-6 3-6 10-12
Silent Shout is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #3798
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Lots of people are getting to see Ana for the first time.

@ovafanboy (Sept. 1)
First look at Konjuh. Not as tall as Keys or Tomljanovic, but a good build, strong core.

@RomiCvitkovic (Sept. 3)
No.2 junior girls seed Ana #Konjuh pretty solid off both wings; hits the ball fairly heavy but likes slicing FH too.

Last edited by RU90 : Sep 7th, 2013 at 01:56 AM.
RU90 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #3799
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Ana, lst up on Court 11 (show court). However, won't know whether streamed or not 'til game time.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/s...l?promo=topnav
Rex59 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #3800
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
I hope I don't ruffle too many feathers by saying this, but to me Ana feels much more like the real thing than Donna. When Ana plays, I always feel like she's going to win, but I don't feel the same way with Donna. It's probably because Donna didn't accomplish very much in juniors and has played some very weak pro tournaments to get her ranking up.
I don't think anyone will mind this quote cause they are really very different. Their mindsets for starters, are very different - both are fighters, but to a different degree. It probably has to do with their respective playing styles. But I also think there is one major difference in talent, as I see Donna as someone who could turn into a very solid professional, while I see Ana as someone with a chance to become a phenomenal one. Honestly, if she continues like this and keeps her health in check I wouldn't be least surprised to someday see her win a grand slam.

But anyway, tough luck in doubles, it was expected that very little will decide the winning team. The only positive that can come out of it is more energy left for singles now. Really looking forward to the match, but not sure what to expect. Hope Hibi doesn't turn out to be a nasty surprise, cause she does have some very decent wins this year (Broady, Duval etc.). Of course nothing in the ranks of Ula Radwanska, but still worth paying attention to.

Good luck Ana!
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #3801
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

I think it is too much saying Ana is better than Donna. They are playing completely different levels at the moment, such a big difference in seniors and juniors. Ana has good strength in her body, so she can bully most of the juniors easily, but whether it can transition to seniors is yet to be seen.

Reason for Donna's early success in seniors is she can absorb and redirect pace really well. I think Ana is a different kind of player.

For predictions, I would say Ana will not have the success Donna has had now, but in the future when she develops her game more like around 18.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #3802
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Ana is playing pro in Europe, that's big difference between pathetic middle Asia tours.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #3803
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I think that if Ana played exactly the same schedule as Donna she would have achieved more. I think that Donna really tried to adapt by playing mroe and more difficult tournaments but I still think that she is too dependent on the weak tournaments meaning she is not really progressing to the level she could. She is 17 though

Ana though is playing really well and I think the experience she is gaining by working harder for her points puts her in great stead further on and therefore I think she is and will be better. Maybe not on Grass or Hard, but definitely on Clay. I think she would have won easily vs Donna if Donna played Contrexeville

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #3804
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Such a shame for doubles, Ana and Antonia had match point in third set (9-8)

Hibi is very talented young player and Ana must play on high level to make it to the finals. She is ranked 259. on WTA, has 25K and 50K titles this year, her main weapon is big forehand, it is really powerful. Her serve looks really slow and Ana has to be focused on return. Also, she uses single handed backhand, many slices and she likes coming to the net. She defeated few high ranked players so far: Lauren Davis, Madison Brengle, Renata Voracova.

GL to Ana, her coach said that she played some really good tennis against Chirico, let's hope that she will repeat it today

Last edited by vladekCRO : Sep 7th, 2013 at 12:19 PM.
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #3805
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Hibi will piss of Ana so much I am sure. Just watch what she did to Brengle It's on youtube
I think Ana can win but whether she does is another question

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #3806
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

i'll be at the match, so i'll let you guys know how it goes
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #3807
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Hibi will piss of Ana so much I am sure. Just watch what she did to Brengle It's on youtube
I think Ana can win but whether she does is another question
I watched that video, but Brengle was pissed because of couple really bad calls from judge. Again, Ana has to be on very high level today, let's hope she will do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
i'll be at the match, so i'll let you guys know how it goes
Great, looking forward for your reports
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #3808
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of

Ana should be able to blast through Hibi. Go Ana!
Kutuzova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #3809
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Ana is just too good so far
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #3810
country flag croat123

Iva Majoli is here