Ana Konjuh - Page 248 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:24 AM   #3706
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of
Re: Ana Konjuh

Solid start against a very dangerous opponent. Go Ana!
Kutuzova is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:07 AM   #3707
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
It won't be long now before she's done with juniors. She needs to make one last run here and finish with a bang at this level.
Amen to that. Btw, Monday is her day off.
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:46 AM   #3708
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

This is from croatian tennis forum about Ana's injury.
"Ovakva je situacija vezano za ozljedu, to je urođena koštana izraslina koja nesportašu nikad nebi zasmetala, ali njoj kao tenisačici zbog velikih napora dolazi do čestog trenja živaca u laktu zbog čega joj se bol najviše projicira na triceps i rame(zbog toga su prvo i mislili da je problem u ramenu). Kako nema nikakvih ograničenja u pokretu(samo bol) i nema mogučnosti daljneg pogoršanja ozljede može igrati tenis. Tim je odlučio da je ona već sada i sa tim problemima na razini top50 u svijetu i nežele ništa riskirati(nijedna operacija i oporavak nije bezazlen) dok ne osvoji neke novce kao sigurnost za budućnost i dok nestvori nekakav ranking"
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:48 AM   #3709
country flag ianchohr

ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all

the translator did not do very well, did this mean she is not getting surgery after US Open?
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:07 AM   #3710
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Translation: "This is the situation regarding the injury; it's an inborn skeletal outgrowth, which wouldn't bother someone who is not an athlete, but since she is a professional tennis player it's causing her elbow nerves to receive additional pressure because of the intensity of the sport and this makes the pain project itself mostly to the tricep and the shoulder (which is why everyone initially thought that it's a shoulder problem). Since her movement is not restricted (no problems other than the pain) and there's no chance of the problem getting worse, she can continue to play. The team has concluded that she is now, and despite all these problems, already on a top 50 level and they don't want to jeopardize anything (as no surgery and recovery is without it's risks) until she insures her financial future and builds a decent ranking."
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:30 AM   #3711
country flag ianchohr

ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all

Lol top 50 level?))) I really think Ana is best junior in the world and better than 90% of the girls up to 20, but top 50 maybe is too much, let's say top 100
So as faras i understand she will play full schedule until end of the season-this is great with little bit luck she may get in top 220-230 and play AO Q!!!
Thank you very much ma_re!
Any idea where she is playing next after Us Open?
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 07:38 AM   #3712
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianchohr View Post
So as faras i understand she will play full schedule until end of the season-this is great with little bit luck she may get in top 220-230 and play AO Q!!!
Thank you very much ma_re!
Any idea where she is playing next after Us Open?
You're welcome. She is actually safe for AO qualies cause she won the junior title this year so no worries there. After USO she should play a 25k in Seville, starting September 23rd, followed by another 25k in Vallduxo the week after.
Her last two tournaments of the year should be in Australia, both 50k, scheduled between October 21st and November 3rd.

Btw, latest on ITF about Ana...http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...e-us-open.aspx
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 09:12 AM   #3713
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Second and third round should be much easier, Ferro and Hsu are out
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 10:34 AM   #3714
country flag ma re

Hard to imagine Ana earned her very first WTA point in late October last year and that she hasn't appeared on the ranking list until late November - now she's already well inside top 300 despite having a (roughly) two month injury break. Siniakova is doing something similar but she is 18 months older, hasn't had serious medical issues and is only 20-ish spots ahead. How's that for amazing
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 05:20 PM   #3715
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

"I’m glad I managed to win this match. When I was down in the second set I just said to myself, ‘Ana, this is the moment you have to start playing.’ Thank God, I managed to win that match.” http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...Ffp8pXJkC3c.99

Yes, that was a great idea, Ana.
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 05:23 PM   #3716
country flag ma re

Yes at that time I thought the exact same thing (and posted it here)

But jokes aside, her coach says she'll need to raise her game seriously if she is to make an impact in this tournament. But I'm pretty sure she can do it
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 05:32 PM   #3717
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
"I’m glad I managed to win this match. When I was down in the second set I just said to myself, ‘Ana, this is the moment you have to start playing.’

Yes, that was a great idea, Ana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Yes at that time I thought the exact same thing

Me too
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 05:35 PM   #3718
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

ha, me too. she does this often
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 06:12 PM   #3719
country flag ma re

Hope Ana won't get a tough schedule tomorrow, seems like quite a few matches might get postponed.
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:49 AM   #3720
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Ana's draw is opening up. Ferro lost, so in R2 Ana gets McCarthy (WC). The other seed in Ana's 1/8 of the draw, Hsu (#16 seed), also lost.

Ajmo
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread