Ana Konjuh - Page 239 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #3571
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Let's hope chingching's right on that last one
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 16th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #3572
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Let's hope chingching's right on that last one
The odd gods are on my side

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #3573
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Thank you
No but relatively soon Why?

Timey

Also, BTW, great win :0
I really think this is going to be her tournament and I know I am getting ahead of myself but the idea of 90 Points, heaps of prize money and a relatively cheap trip sends tingles down my spine
You said you were 4 months older than Ana, so I was just wondering if you were born in August. I know turning 16 is a "big thing" so I was just curious
guichard is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #3574
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
You said you were 4 months older than Ana, so I was just wondering if you were born in August. I know turning 16 is a "big thing" so I was just curious
Why is that? I mean this 16th birthday...I noticed that in US it is a big thing. I don't know for other Anglo-Saxon countries like Canada or Australia... I know that this is off topic but I always wondered...what is the difference between 15 and 16...?
okramb is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #3575
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

At 16 you get to drive in some of those countries, that's probably part of the reason
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #3576
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
At 16 you get to drive in some of those countries, that's probably part of the reason
I know that is the case in US but only for that reason they celebrate 16th birthday so much...I know that Americans are obsessed with cars but is that such a big thing...?

And then they can't drink till 21...tctc is alcohol so much more dangerous than driving a car?
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #3577
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
And then they can't drink till 21...tctc is alcohol so much more dangerous than driving a car?
Apparently
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #3578
country flag okramb

Quote:
Apparently
I never understood that...forbidding somebody to buy a beer till he is 21...ridiculous...

I like better our system: till you are 18 you can't do nothing (yeah,right...) , after 18 you can do whatever you want
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #3579
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
I know that is the case in US but only for that reason they celebrate 16th birthday so much...I know that Americans are obsessed with cars but is that such a big thing...?

In US/Canada, yes. It is sign of independence and in a lot of US cities there is very little public transportation. It takes awhile to go from place A to B, it is much better if you can drive
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #3580
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

Living in most of the US is nothing like living in Croatia. It is huuuuge. And most places (unless you are in New York or San Francisco or a handful of other big cities) have basically non-existent public transport. So imagine being 14, 15 and being dependent on your parents to drive you anywhere you'd like to go: to your friend's party, to go buy clothes, to do basically anything. Being able to drive gives you a huge amount of freedom. It's the equivalent in Croatia of being allowed to cross the street on your own (so being like 6 or something), because most things you want to go to require a car, not just crossing the street.

By the way, 15 is a big deal in a lot of Latin American countries. Look up quinceanera.

Oh and to get this back on topic: Way to go Ana, keep winning!
mic12 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #3581
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic12 View Post
Living in most of the US is nothing like living in Croatia. It is huuuuge. And most places (unless you are in New York or San Francisco or a handful of other big cities) have basically non-existent public transport. So imagine being 14, 15 and being dependent on your parents to drive you anywhere you'd like to go: to your friend's party, to go buy clothes, to do basically anything. Being able to drive gives you a huge amount of freedom. It's the equivalent in Croatia of being allowed to cross the street on your own (so being like 6 or something), because most things you want to go to require a car, not just crossing the street.

By the way, 15 is a big deal in a lot of Latin American countries. Look up quinceanera.

Oh and to get this back on topic: Way to go Ana, keep winning!
Yeah, to live in US or in Europe is sometimes different...especially when we talk about driving or owning a car. I know some people from Croatia that went to US, bought a car, drove from east to west coast and then sell it. In Croatia it's complicated to even buy a car it's like you want to donate a kidney you need this document, that document, a lawyer...and then when you own a car it's pretty much pain in the ass...if you live in big city it's practically impossible to find a parking space in downtown and if you find it you will pay it every hour, the gas in Croatia is expensive (like almost everywhere in Europe), the registration is expensive...

But I'm glad we solved this mystery about 16th birthday...we can go on topic again...
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #3582
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
I am September 10
Thanks though
Nah its not that big its just I can get my learners permit which will be great for tournaments

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #3583
country flag ma re

Quote:
I am September 10
Oh, a Virgo?! Sept. 4th here And there we go off topic again... OK, sorry for that folks.
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #3584
country flag guichard

Quote:
I am September 10
Thanks though
Nah its not that big its just I can get my learners permit which will be great for tournaments
I know that's why I had it in quotation mark
Old Aug 16th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #3585
country flag guichard

No Ana for another 3 hours.
Closed Thread