Ana Konjuh - Page 235 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #3511
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice
Re: Ana Konjuh

Can't even describe with words how happy am I that Ana is close to not playing junior events anymore. It wears her out and also losses like this one to Mertens can lower her self esteem. I hope she can win couple rounds in Craiova together with Savić and Njirić
BTW I couldn't find it, but does someone know something new about her elbow injury? Was she in pain again in Switzerland or maybe in Contrexeville or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #3512
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Don't really see the point of her playing USO juniors anyway, except maybe for match practice. With the injury she's not really a major contender for the title, the points are insufficient to grant her a return to #1 and overall I don't see much positive coming out of it. Guess we'll have to wait and see, I might be wrong.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #3513
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

I agree with you. The only advantages are Junior Exempt http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/pla...or-exempt.aspx and merited increases . At the same time if she continues to play well in the pro it will not really matter.
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #3514
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Yes guichard those things are worth playing for I guess, but it's a lot of work for not too much of a reward compared to finishing the year at number 4 for example. Besides, since she won't be defending Eddie Herr + Orange Bowl points she will certainly fall down the rankings by the year's end anyway. So yes, a nice result would be pleasing to see, but I don't think she can benefit greatly from it, especially taking the injury into consideration.
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #3515
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Yes guichard those things are worth playing for I guess, but it's a lot of work for not too much of a reward compared to finishing the year at number 4 for example. Besides, since she won't be defending Eddie Herr + Orange Bowl points she will certainly fall down the rankings by the year's end anyway. So yes, a nice result would be pleasing to see, but I don't think she can benefit greatly from it, especially taking the injury into consideration.
Yes, I agree with you she will not benefit greatly. But finishing the year in top 5(two wins) it is good for the JE/ME which give her some freedom in her pro schedule.
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #3516
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

She won't need the JEs anyways if she has a few more good results this year. I thought MEs were based on senior ranking....
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #3517
country flag ma re

Turns out she wouldn't have needed JE for Craiova anyway...oh well, if only you could know these things in advance...
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #3518
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
She won't need the JEs anyways if she has a few more good results this year. I thought MEs were based on senior ranking....
JE: yes but some $50K-$75K have low cut off. Again I believe she won't need it.

ME: Getting directly in the main draw or qualifying of Grand Slam and/or premier mandatory, reaching the final of a Junior Slam and top 5 year end junior ranking.
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 06:31 AM   #3519
country flag ma re

@ Dan_Doe: any chance you go to Craiova next week?
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #3520
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

And again Ana used JE for event in which she would get in main draw with her ranking
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #3521
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Thats not for sure yet, JANI is second alternative with better ranking.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #3522
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Looks like Jani is out

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=577441
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #3523
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

MDO, thats why she is out. She didn't reach MD with better ranking.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #3524
country flag vladekCRO

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...e-juniors.aspx

"I would like to get into the Top 200 before the end of the year though. I have five or six more tournaments to play this year so hopefully I’m going to do it!"

Very ambitious
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 07:58 AM   #3525
country flag ma re

Quite ambitious yes, and that's why we love her

But if you take into account that she is at the moment 146 points from top 200 and that she's been earning an average of 39 points per tournament in her last 3 events, it doesn't seem so impossible.
Closed Thread