Ana Konjuh - Page 232 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #3466
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all
Re: Ana Konjuh

Mertens took a set and than took home a breadstick and a bagle as a present from Kennel, that's how good she is.

All Swiss finale.

Last edited by Bleeth : Jul 27th, 2013 at 11:59 AM.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #3467
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Ana currently 3rd on the Izmir q-list so should make it in directly. Might be a good event for her as I think she can take a good number of players out of that field, while being one of the lowest ranked in the main draw.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #3468
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Ana currently 3rd on the Izmir q-list so should make it in directly. Might be a good event for her as I think she can take a good number of players out of that field, while being one of the lowest ranked in the main draw.
This tournament is good because although it is quite top-heavy, if she can get an unseeded player she has a really god shot at winning a match or 2

Depending on her form, she could go far

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #3469
country flag LittlestThing

LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light

Who's that guy on the photo she posted

What's next after Izmir?
LittlestThing is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #3470
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlestThing View Post
Who's that guy on the photo she posted

What's next after Izmir?
Posted where...

After Izmir it's 50k+H in Craiova, the very next week (using Junior Exempt to make sure she is directly in MD).
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #3471
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Izmir is very strong. ALso, why is she playing hard-clay-hard?
And Kazan is on hard at the same week as Craiova and a lot weaker.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #3472
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Have you seen Craiova - scary
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #3473
country flag LittlestThing

LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Posted where...

After Izmir it's 50k+H in Craiova, the very next week (using Junior Exempt to make sure she is directly in MD).
On twitter

Thanks!
LittlestThing is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #3474
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
And Kazan is on hard at the same week as Craiova and a lot weaker.
Kazan is more expensive, she is not Donna, thank God.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #3475
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
Is it really that expensive? I mean I know it is isolated ans eh needs to buy a visa but it is a 50K, if she wins it she gets over $10,000
And it's not like she is going to Indonesia... Although if I were her I think I'd prefer to play in Romania, take a week off or not play the Hard the week after

BTW people, the tournament is strong because it offers hospitality which is actually a major help nowadays. Also this tournament is apparently known for it's good service, at least according to Khromacheva

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 05:39 AM   #3476
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
Oh please, Ana's parents own several businesses in our most prominent tourist destination (including exchange offices), so I really doubt money is the issue here. There's probably a variety of factors involved. I like her choice of tournaments though.
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #3477
country flag chingching

Quote:
Oh please, Ana's parents own several businesses in our most prominent tourist destination (including exchange offices), so I really doubt money is the issue here. There's probably a variety of factors involved. I like her choice of tournaments though.
I don't think he meant Donna was rich and Ana was poor but more that Ana doesn't jetset around the world for one tournament to get 20 Points

I never realised Ana's parents were that wealthy though Well you have to be wealthy to support a tennis player

What type of businesses do they own, do you know, besides the currency exchange?

How did Donna's father come up with the "hundreds of thousands of dollars" necessary for her career What exactly does he own?

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #3478
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I don't think he meant Donna was rich and Ana was poor but more that Ana doesn't jetset around the world for one tournament to get 20 Points

I never realised Ana's parents were that wealthy though Well you have to be wealthy to support a tennis player

What type of businesses do they own, do you know, besides the currency exchange?

How did Donna's father come up with the "hundreds of thousands of dollars" necessary for her career What exactly does he own?
I know that's what he meant, but he started it off by saying how Kazan would be more expensive.

Anyway, I only know a few things from the media - her dad was an athlete too (played soccer) and started investing in things obviously, after his sporting career. Apart from aforementioned, I know they own stores, souvenir shops and her dad is supposedly involved in construction of apartment buildings (I'm guessing as a co-investor).

So to imply that she chooses tournaments based on how much more expensive would it be to participate in one compared to the other is a little absurd. Neither of them is among players who have to sleep on bus stations when they come to play a tournament or something (heard there are many such stories on both Tours).
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #3479
country flag chingching

Quote:
I know that's what he meant, but he started it off by saying how Kazan would be more expensive.

Anyway, I only know a few things from the media - her dad was an athlete too (played soccer) and started investing in things obviously, after his sporting career. Apart from aforementioned, I know they own stores, souvenir shops and her dad is supposedly involved in construction of apartment buildings (I'm guessing as a co-investor).

So to imply that she chooses tournaments based on how much more expensive would it be to participate in one compared to the other is a little absurd. Neither of them is among players who have to sleep on bus stations when they come to play a tournament or something (heard there are many such stories on both Tours).
I get that but I do understand what he means in terms of expense
Not only is Kazan more expensive but further away and not as nice: also expense may not be an issue but they may not want to spend large amounts of money for 1 tournament. And also it doesn't seem like they are that wealthy: a round trip to Kazan for her her father, her coach and probably a sibling as she always seems to take someone would be in the thousands. She can walk to Romania in comparison

So was Donna's father an athlete?

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #3480
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
And also it doesn't seem like they are that wealthy

So was Donna's father an athlete?
Well, they're not the Hiltons, but they're certainly better off than 99% of people in Croatia. That goes for both girls.

Yes, I think both of Ana's as well as Donna's parents were athletes. For Donna's I'm certain and for Ana's dad, while I think I've read somewhere that Ana's mom was in sports before too.
Closed Thread