Ana Konjuh - Page 228 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 01:00 PM   #3406
country flag LittlestThing

LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Ana up to new career-high rankings, 333 in singles (Race 254!) and 565 in doubles
And she played less events than almost everyone ranked around her
LittlestThing is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 01:09 PM   #3407
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlestThing View Post
And she played less events than almost everyone ranked around her
Ana has the same number of ranking points as Bencic after only half as many tournaments (7 versus 14)
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 01:13 PM   #3408

LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light

I know, but I didn't want to point it out
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 01:15 PM   #3409
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Proves she is definately one of the underranked players on the Tour (race position is always a good indicator). I'm still very worried about the elbow though, cause she might not have problems against most juniors or journeywomen even without her first serve, but quite soon she'll find herself in tougher draws and she'll have to bring out her A game, which I'm affraid she is not able to do at the moment.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 02:38 PM   #3410

I agree, don't know what they are trying to achieve by postponing the surgery. Isn't it better to do it now than when she is 17
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 04:05 PM   #3411
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Maybe it is a minor injury that she can play through. That's what she's done for some time now. But I agree: it would be better to take care of it now, well before her transition to the pro tour.
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 04:27 PM   #3412
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Maybe it is a minor injury
She made 12 double faults against B. Garcia Vidagany - even for three sets that's a lot. Doesn't sound like a minor injury, although I hope you're right...
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 05:30 PM   #3413
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

So Ana will play $25K Izmir(week of Aug 5)
guichard is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM   #3414
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
She made 12 double faults against B. Garcia Vidagany - even for three sets that's a lot. Doesn't sound like a minor injury, although I hope you're right...
does any of her team or Ana herself say it's related to her injury?

because 12 DFs in three tight sets does not sound a lot to me
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 06:15 PM   #3415
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
does any of her team or Ana herself say it's related to her injury?

because 12 DFs in three tight sets does not sound a lot to me
Doesn't?! Does so to me...for instance Lucic in her infamous loss to Carla S. N. made a total of 3 in as many sets, while the winner made 2 (so 5 by both players combined). But anyway, yes, her team confessed several times that this elbow issue prevents her from using her serve to it's full potential, and her coach even used the phrase "plays without her 1st serve" more than once.
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 06:32 PM   #3416
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Doesn't?! Does so to me...for instance Lucic in her infamous loss to Carla S. N. made a total of 3 in as many sets, while the winner made 2 (so 5 by both players combined). But anyway, yes, her team confessed several times that this elbow issue prevents her from using her serve to it's full potential, and her coach even used the phrase "plays without her 1st serve" more than once.
thanks, haven't been following closely on her injury or related news
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 06:38 PM   #3417
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

I wonder if her schedule after the U.S. Open is confirmed. That should really be her last tournament this year. This surgery, whenever it happens, worries me...

Edit: Also, it didn't seem like her serve was adversely affected in the junior Wimbledon QF and SF matches. Then again, I can't really say because I had never seen her play before...
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 06:39 PM   #3418
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
thanks, haven't been following closely on her injury or related news
No problem At first, there was a plan to have it repaired surgically after junior USO so that she is ready in time for the next season, but now all kinds of information are reportedly showing up (although I haven't read/heard any myself) that she might not have the surgery after all.
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 09:01 PM   #3419
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

What type of surgery are they considering? I hope it's not on the elbow, for that surgery preempted Justine's career.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 05:46 AM   #3420
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex59 View Post
What type of surgery are they considering? I hope it's not on the elbow, for that surgery preempted Justine's career.
Yup, it's the elbow. Something about removing between 1 and 3 milimeters of the bone tissue from a certain area was mentioned.
Closed Thread