Ana Konjuh - Page 216 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #3226
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Not exactly a great draw, but it could've been worse. Round two will definately be a challenge.
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 14th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #3227
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

Well, German fan who posted this main draw section in Anna LEna's thread said that Friedsam has no chance if she faces Ana.We'll see
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #3228
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

It was important to get a good first round draw so that she can score some easy points and get used to the surface. Hope she plays well
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #3229
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Only doubles tomorrow.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #3230
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

I finally got to watch the Konjuh vs. Towsend SF in full as well as Ana's QF match.

Yes, it was a disappointing end-result, but it was just not Ana's day, with so many balls dumped into the net. Despite that, she still was close to winning the match.

More importantly, I finally got to watch Ana play, and I am as impressed as I thought I would be.
1. Her backhand is an absolutely lethal shot. Wow.
2. Her serve is already excellent. It can get even better if she can develop some variety, as it's mostly hard and flat. What I was confused about is that she didn't seem affected by an injury.
3. I liked seeing some subtleties in her game that differentiates her from the common ball-basher. She has a nice forehand chip return and forehand slice and she can successfully use the drop shot (which is very effective on grass and clay in today's game).
4. Most of all, I saw flashes of that winning mentality you all have mentioned. She is a fighter.

This is the start of a long and successful (fan) relationship.

P.S. You all have to teach me some Croatian words besides "idemo," "dobar," and "ajmo" (which I heard someone in her camp say throughout the semifinal). Let's start simple.

Last edited by RU90 : Jul 15th, 2013 at 12:17 AM.
RU90 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 03:42 AM   #3231
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Good draw and great schedule! Also nice to hear she is serving well and will possibly not need surgery!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #3232
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Easy Easy Easy Round 1
Round 2 could be a challenge and same with QF with Angelique but really she can beat these players

I am so happy she is playing in Bendigo
I was considering playing there myself (when it was 25K) but I will probably still visit

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #3233
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

RU90...Could you please post here a link with Ana's match against Townsend because that one on youtube works till 62 22 only !
Thank's ! (=Hvala)
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #3234
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
RU90...Could you please post here a link with Ana's match against Townsend because that one on youtube works till 62 22 only !
Thank's ! (=Hvala)
Unfortunately, ESPN3 is only for U.S. subscribers. http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index

I don't know to transfer this video onto YouTube, but I'm sure there's someone who knows how.
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #3235
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

she and njiric took the first set 6-4
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #3236
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

Konjirić
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #3237
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenac View Post
Konjirić
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #3238
country flag yenac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
It fits perfectly Konjirić won 6:4 6:2
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #3239
country flag croat123

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #3240
country flag ma re

Not that I'm crazy about her playing doubles under these circumstances, but a win is a win. Good job girls!
Closed Thread