Ana Konjuh - Page 214 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #3196
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
For once I have to agree with chingching (there, I've said it ) that it's better it happened now than 5 years in the future. It's unfortunate cause I don't thing she'll have a better shot in NYC because her injury will probably bother her even more and she'll possibly not be mentally present because of the upcoming surgery right after the Open. Wouldn't surprise me if she'd go out before the semis there (hope I'm wrong). But at least her next tournament seems like a place where she could score some very nice WTA points.
interesting point ma re, not quite see that coming even though the USO looks to me the most random slam in recent years. but again, if Ana's out before semis, how likely is that she's mentally spent due to the surgery? from what i know about this girl, very unlikely
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #3197
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

OK i give up, there's obviously no hope for Ana. Her coach said she played a great match in the semis (and he should now best what her capabilities are, he is her coach after all), and if that was great i really don't want to see her play poor.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #3198
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

What, would you be happier if he said she was playing like crap? He knows best what her capabilities are, don't worry. I bet you wouldn'be amazed with her game in Ferrer Suarez match in Montpellier, and yet she won straight sets against much better players Kostova and Khromacheva(even though she helped a lot with 10 DF's) after that one. It was just a bad day, I still think Belinda would be blown away from the court if Ana just showed up in final. Lack of concentration after first set that caused many UE in key momments was main reason of that loss. Ana was just waiting for Taylor to fall apart, but she didn't. For what it's worth, I don't think Taylor got that confidence boost she expected. She is older at least year from both Ana and Belinda( which should make some difference in juniors) and she was two points away from the loss against Ana, and lost after being break up in decider against Belinda
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #3199
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeth View Post
OK i give up, there's obviously no hope for Ana. Her coach said she played a great match in the semis (and he should now best what her capabilities are, he is her coach after all), and if that was great i really don't want to see her play poor.
I think he thinks on that she played well and fighting well to almost beat Townsend and be there in Wimbledon final. But for that statement (I mean full his statement, this is part of that one, that you wrote here) I do not stand another part he said. When he said Ana "lost match" in moment when she made footfall in the middle of second set to lose serve. I mean, WT*?? But really?? How he can cay that. First of all, zillion times until now Ana was in more difficult situations and fought for the win...how he can say someone lost a match in the middle of the second set and even with leading 1-0 in sets. Furthermore...what kinds of players is a one who lost point because of one fault, footfall...or whatever? Does ALL the match DEPENDS on that ONE point and that you then stop to fighting and believing you can win?? Come on, but really! + Ana as two points to the win at 6-5 when she had 0-30...For example, if Townsend made two DFs and Ana won would that point made SUCH BIG difference that Ana push Ana in the loss??
That part of this full statement I really can't not understand as much as I'm trying. From ANY point of view.

Full article:
http://www.dubrovacki.hr/clanak/5341...dlican-mec-ali
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #3200
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Quote:
I really don't see the reason for any pessimism about Ana's game.
... and you are a little bit boring with your comments here.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #3201
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
I really don't see the reason for any pessimism about Ana's game.
... and you are a little bit boring with your comments here.
If her coach said that it was just a bad day i wouldn't be pessimistic, but if that was great i can't be optimistic.

And OK, i'll stop posting in this thread, no need to bore everyone with my pessimism (i'll be back only if i have something optimistic to say)
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #3202
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If her coach said that it was just a bad day i wouldn't be pessimistic, but if that was great i can't be optimistic.

And OK, i'll stop posting in this thread, no need to bore everyone with my pessimism (i'll be back only if i have something optimistic to say)
It's OK to criticise which I often do but you take it to a whole new level. There is no reason to be so angry/disappointed when Ana is 15 and this is a Junior Grand Slam SF, a match she will probably forget by the time she is a Grand Slam winner. I didn't see the match so I can't tell but I think she probably didn't choke it away but allowed Townsend to come back which is almost expected of someone her age. Just calm down and enjoy the ride or go away.
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #3203
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

As of today...

378. B. Schoofs.....101
379. F. di Sarra....101
380. M. Zacarias....101
381. A. Konjuh......101
382. J. Moore.......100
383. K. Palkina.....100

ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #3204
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
It's OK to criticise which I often do but you take it to a whole new level. There is no reason to be so angry/disappointed when Ana is 15 and this is a Junior Grand Slam SF, a match she will probably forget by the time she is a Grand Slam winner. I didn't see the match so I can't tell but I think she probably didn't choke it away but allowed Townsend to come back which is almost expected of someone her age. Just calm down and enjoy the ride or go away.
There is a link of Ana's match with Thownsend on previous page (post 3185). Video work till 6:2 2:2. After that there is sound only.
Ana's coach Kristian said in the interview that first set Ana played excellent. I agree with that. He said that she played excellent all that match. He said also that the biggest problem was her foot faul which she made in a second set and after that she started to make more mistake.
You can foun an interview somewhere above and read with google translator.
I don't see any problem in that lose. Thownsend is a good player and former no.1 and GS winner and she will be very good player if she become more fit. I like her game.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #3205
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
There is a link of Ana's match with Thownsend on previous page (post 3185). Video work till 6:2 2:2. After that there is sound only.
Ana's coach Kristian said in the interview that first set Ana played excellent. I agree with that. He said that she played excellent all that match. He said also that the biggest problem was her foot faul which she made in a second set and after that she started to make more mistake.
You can foun an interview somewhere above and read with google translator.
I don't see any problem in that lose. Thownsend is a good player and former no.1 and GS winner and she will be very good player if she become more fit. I like her game.
Thanks
I agree, if she can manage to lose weight then she really does have a solution to the ball bashing of some players but can also close out pushes with her net play. I also really like her personality

So where to next for Ana
It's so funny to see she has 101 Points as 85 of them are from 2 tournaments
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #3206
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Entry minimum for Premier events is #375 - pretty awesome to see a 15 y.o. almost getting there already. Plus, there's no one younger in the top 1000, according to WTA Contrexeville here we come!
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #3207
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Entry minimum for Premier events is #375 - pretty awesome to see a 15 y.o. almost getting there already. Plus, there's no one younger in the top 1000, according to WTA Contrexeville here we come!
What's even more impressive is that she has done it with only 6 tournaments. Every player ranked above her has at least 9 tournaments!

However, as impressive as Ana is, let's keep our expectations for Contrexeville in check. It has a very competitive acceptance list, so Ana could easily find herself out of the tournament on the first day if she plays someone like Witthoeft, Friedsam or Bacsinszky. Either way, Contrexeville will be a good learning opportunity for Ana.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #3208
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

Arcangioli is on acceptance list Ana has drawn her in round 1 of Maribor and Montpellier, obviously that girl brings her luck...
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #3209
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:

how could you get bothered by these comments so easily dude?
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #3210
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

I'm patiently waiting for the day that Ana wins her first WTA main-draw match. It shouldn't be long now. Too bad Fed Cup doesn't count...