Ana Konjuh - Page 213 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #3181
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeth View Post
What match were you watching m8, i do agree that there's no shame in losing to Taylor (she has the talent) but the display was just embarrassing from both players today.

Was waiting to see Ana live for a long time and now i wish that didn't happen, living in an illusion is so much better.

PS. these weight issue comments are really uncalled for, and don't belong here.
^ I said it not Embarrassing losing to a player like Taylor who has been on top before in junior and played WTA Tour matches as well as won Wta tour matches not talking about the match display what so ever, the way so of ya acting as if Ana lost too a junior player rank 199 & like you said yourself Taylor has talent. & Like I said at the end of my post the match could went either way Ana could won just as well

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #3182
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
What match were you watching m8, i do agree that there's no shame in losing to Taylor (she has the talent) but the display was just embarrassing from both players today.

Was waiting to see Ana live for a long time and now i wish that didn't happen, living in an illusion is so much better.

PS. these weight issue comments are really uncalled for, and don't belong here.
while I'm not entirely sure about your definition of "embarrassment", a below-par performance hardly is stranger to women's semifinal/final, let alone in the junior girls tournament this big and this close
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #3183
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
^ I said it not Embarrassing losing to a player like Taylor who has been on top before in junior and played WTA Tour matches as well as won Wta tour matches not talking about the match display what so ever, the way so of ya acting as if Ana lost too a junior player rank 199 & like you said yourself Taylor has talent. & Like I said at the end of my post the match could went either way Ana could won just as well
It would still be an embarrassing performance (but it's easy to forget how bad the play was when you win )
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #3184
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it was close and yes it could've gone either way, but the last time I checked players didn't get any points or money for "almost winning" but for actually winning, and that's why this loss hurts. It also hurts because Ana was far from her best performance (this was the first time I watched Taylor so I can't really comment on her level today) and seemed to be lacking the necessary focus, which is usually not a problem she encounters often. She looked like she didn't really want to be out there and like something is seriously bothering her - let's just hope it's not the injury. She was out of sorts the way I've never seen her before. Of course, the encouraging thing is that even with such a performance and possibly struggling with pain, she managed to get very close to winning against one of the most promissing young prospects on the women's tour. Taylor played well today, moved well, was responsive on the return and coming forward quite a bit, which all won her a fair amount of points. But it always hurts to lose a close one, and Ana just missed a few chances too many today. I hope she'll recover in time, both physically and mentally, for her upcoming ITF and that we'll see her with a much better display of her skills next time around.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #3185
country flag didi74

didi74 is just really nice didi74 is just really nice didi74 is just really nice didi74 is just really nice didi74 is just really nice didi74 is just really nice didi74 is just really nice didi74 is just really nice didi74 is just really nice didi74 is just really nice didi74 is just really nice

Quote:
Could someone record this (at least Ana's match if not this current), it seems i won't be able to watch it. Pa to je za puknut od muke
Here is full match if someone missed .. Steta poraz al eto na greskama se uci
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Yvq7Qdlzc
didi74 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #3186
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

Probably it was a bad day at office, like ma re says. Sometimes you play good, some days you don't. Defeat leaves bitter taste because I don't have the feeling that Taylor was better player, kinda have a feeling that Ana has beaten herself, she had more than few games without even 50% first serves in. When you see that she won more points overall, you know how tough this match was for both players.If something like this had to happen, I'm glad that it happened at junior circuit, and not at pro circuit. Just hope that this defeat won't do any damage to Ana, and turn her into choker.
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #3187
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenac View Post
Probably it was a bad day at office, like ma re says. Sometimes you play good, some days you don't. Defeat leaves bitter taste because I don't have the feeling that Taylor was better player, kinda have a feeling that Ana has beaten herself, she had more than few games without even 50% first serves in. When you see that she won more points overall, you know how tough this match was for both players.If something like this had to happen, I'm glad that it happened at junior circuit, and not at pro circuit. Just hope that this defeat won't do any damage to Ana, and turn her into choker.
It is almost guaranteed this would happen repeatedly regardless of which level she's at, even Serena Williams chokes here and there. I think some of you are waaaaay overreacting on this loss
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #3188
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
It is almost guaranteed this would happen repeatedly regardless of which level she's at, even Serena Williams chokes here and there. I think some of you are waaaaay overreacting on this loss
Overreacting ? Probably, but not to the loss but to the way she performed against Taylor who was also pretty bad. I'm almost certain that there wouldn't be this kind of reactions if there wasn't a live stream, but unfortunately there was and it looked more like a 2nd round of the 10k futures than 2 future stars in a SF of junior grand slam . This horror will haunt me every time i watch Ana in the future, it was better left unseen.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #3189
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
What bothers me is the fact that in this kind of matches Ana usually comes out as a winner, she won numerous encounters like this one. I'm almost positive that all that she needed to do for a junior Wimbledon title was going through to the final. Just knowing that Ana is on the other side of the net would make Belinda nervous because Ana was the last one to beat her in juniors competition.Belinda seems to me like a player that can easily melt down when everything is not going in the way she planned. Maybe I'm wrong but it's just my impression after I've seen her matches with Loeb and Chirico
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #3190
country flag TimeyWimey

Quote:
Overreacting ? Probably, but not to the loss but to the way she performed against Taylor who was also pretty bad. I'm almost certain that there wouldn't be this kind of reactions if there wasn't a live stream, but unfortunately there was and it looked more like a 2nd round of the 10k futures than 2 future stars in a SF of junior grand slam . This horror will haunt me every time i watch Ana in the future, it was better left unseen.
have a nice sleep Bleeth, you'll feel better tomorrow
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 05:58 AM   #3191
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

For once I have to agree with chingching (there, I've said it ) that it's better it happened now than 5 years in the future. It's unfortunate cause I don't thing she'll have a better shot in NYC because her injury will probably bother her even more and she'll possibly not be mentally present because of the upcoming surgery right after the Open. Wouldn't surprise me if she'd go out before the semis there (hope I'm wrong). But at least her next tournament seems like a place where she could score some very nice WTA points.
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #3192
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Townsend compared Ana to Sharapova.
She probably thinks she's Serena than.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #3193
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Townsend compared Ana to Sharapova.
She probably thinks she's Serena than.
Well, I guess she meant it as a compliment, which is nice of her. But no, I don't think she'll be the new Serena - in fact, I'm pretty sure we won't see the next Serena for another decade at least.
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #3194
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Neither do I, but I guess she does. I don't see Townsend ever being TOP20.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #3195
country flag safinator

safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice safinator is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by didi74 View Post
Here is full match if someone missed .. Steta poraz al eto na greskama se uci
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Yvq7Qdlzc
video stops at 2-2 in second.
safinator is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread