Ana Konjuh - Page 170 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #2536
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

i really disagree. they were in a tough spot--either play RG with no warm up or play Maribor. She had a great week in Maribor and now we are where we are. I think a 25K final is worth more than a junior slam at this point. And, this week has only proven once again that she's the best junior out there.
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #2537
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

6-2 4-6
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #2538
country flag LittlestThing

LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light

^I agree
LittlestThing is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #2539
country flag daddy

daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlestThing View Post
They should just sleep through the 2nd set and win the match tiebreak

daddy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #2540
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Ana

She refuses to lose a match

Such a star, I am so proud
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #2541
country flag croat123

as expected, cruised 10-3
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #2542
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute

6:2 4:6 10-3
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #2543
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

10-3 Way to go
yenac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #2544
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

sleep well Ana, good luck in the semis
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #2545
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

So...this is how they are standing after today's matches:

Ana Konjuh 1335 points

Belinda Bencic 1186.25 points
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #2546
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

I really needed to calm down after the singles to come back with a remotely sensible comment.

To say that she deserved to win wouldn't even cut it. To say that she fought would be a huge understatement. She just went out there and showed the heart of a champion and should be given all the congratulations in the world for her effort. Of course, her opponent deserves a lot of praise as well, as she gave an incredible amount of resistance until the very end. She was, however, unlucky with the fact that Ana was the one on the other side. And Ana doesn't give up. Ana doesn't calculate. She just goes out there to give it her all and see if it's enough. Cause that's what champions do.

The sheer number of turnarounds in this match made it into absolutely the most exciting one that I ever followed when it comes to juniors, and it was a tough one to go through, knowing all the circumstances. Cause it would actually be a great misfortune if she would've lost this one. Not because of the result in itself, but because she is just too good to go out in the quarters of a junior slam. Not to mention the bad luck she went through earlier this year. It just wouldn't be fair.

Semis is a really good result for any junior when it comes to the highest categories, and now I'm really OK with whatever it is to happen next. After all, how many of them ever made it to the semis of Paris after winning Melbourne. Of course, like everybody, I hate the fact that she is playing doubles and wish she would've quit it. But I sense that she is just not that kind of person. She is probably too driven to accept a withdrawal unless absolutely necessary. And that's another thing that needs to be applauded, even if it jeopardizes a potentially historic achievement. She is gutsy above all. A fighter first and foremost. And we need such people to make us remember that great things in life really do happen.

Proud of you Ana
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #2547
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

^All that written about a match followed on the scoreboard? She deserves it, really.
RU90 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #2548
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
^All that written about a match followed on the scoreboard?
I'm a weirdo, I know But I just feel that sometimes people deserve more than "congrats" or "good work" or a

Call me crazy

P. S. One for the Croats (or those who follow winter sports): Is Ana having one of her own "no glove moments"? Makes you wonder.
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #2549
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post

P. S. One for the Croats (or those who follow winter sports): Is Ana having one of her own "no glove moments"? Makes you wonder.
Might be, 3rd place is exactly what i expect.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #2550
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeth View Post
Might be, 3rd place is exactly what i expect.
I actually wasn't refering to the end result, but more to the one of a kind, against all odds kind of an achievement, but OK. Anyway, here's a pic from Paris, shows physio tape on her right arm:

Closed Thread