Ana Konjuh - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #241
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Ana KONJUH (CRO) [9] BYE
Isabelle WALLACE (AUS) 6-2 2-6 6-4 Katharina GERLACH (GER)
Masa MARC (SLO) 6-1 7-5 Alina HOELZEL (GER)
Maria Constanza de las Mercedes VEGA (ARG) [8] BYE

This is Ana's quarter in Germany. She should have no problems with Wallace and Marc/Vega. Then it'll be probably Montserrat Gonzalez to face her in the QF. Not an easy one, but Ana defeated Gonzalez recently in a really convincing way.

Also, Ana is #40 now, new CH
Hopefully she can repeat the result at Citta di Croce
But Montserrat won this tournament last year and was runner at Roland Garros this year in doubles
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #242
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

R2 (9)Ana Konjuh (CRO) d. (Q)Isabelle Wallace (AUS) 62 63
R3 (9)Ana Konjuh (CRO) d. (Q)Masa Marc (SLO) 63 60
Ana won today, not one time but twice !!! BRAVO !!!
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #243
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Ana is into the QF at G1 Offenbach:

R64: Bye
R32: Ana KONJUH (CRO) [9] 6-2 6-3 Isabelle WALLACE (AUS)
R16: Ana KONJUH (CRO) [9] 6-3 6-0 Masa MARC (SLO)

She's had an easy draw so far but in the QF she plays the top seed, M. Gonzalez. Good luck, Ana!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #244
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Btw, Ana reached a new CH ranking this week (#40) and will go even higher next week, around #35.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #245
country flag networthy

Ana is the youngest player in the top 100 (next highest-ranked youngest is Tornado Alicia Black, at #121, who is 4.5 months younger).

Also, Ana is the third-highest ranked of the 1997 players, after Abanda (#16; almost 11 months older) and Bencic (#19; 9.5 months older).

The future looks very promising for Ana.
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #246
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

The future looks very promising indeed. That's why I'm following this girl. Ok, I follow many juniors, but I think Ana is the most trustworthy to have a bright career. I don't know why, I just have a feeling

In my opinion Jelena Ostapenko is more of a threat than Montserrat Gonzalez is. And the only real threat, I may say. Ana defeated Montse 6-1 6-3 a month ago, on clay.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #247
country flag networthy

^ Yes, let's hope Ana repeats her victory over Gonzalez. If she does, she'll be ranked ~30 next week.

Unfortunately Ana is in the much tougher half of the draw--what's left of it, anyway: she's with Gonzalez, Ostapenko and Csoregi, as opposed to Bosio, Fanning, Razafimahatratra and Lekaj in the other half.

Either way Ana's progress is nothing short of phenomenal, considering she played her first tournament only 10 months ago.
Old Jun 15th, 2012, 03:26 AM   #248
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Ana is a very promising player, but you can't keep on talking about her age. The only reason why being 14 would holkd her back is on the mental side. She is huge!!!!!!! Except for Toni Lottner and Bia Haddad Maia, I don't know many that are bigger. So when you say that she is amazing for her age, she is also the tallest, strongest and fastest for her age so you have to really compare her to 15 and 16 year olds. BTW, are Croatians tall people as Donna Vekic is also huge!!
Old Jun 15th, 2012, 07:32 AM   #249
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Ana is a very promising player, but you can't keep on talking about her age. The only reason why being 14 would holkd her back is on the mental side. She is huge!!!!!!! Except for Toni Lottner and Bia Haddad Maia, I don't know many that are bigger. So when you say that she is amazing for her age, she is also the tallest, strongest and fastest for her age so you have to really compare her to 15 and 16 year olds. BTW, are Croatians tall people as Donna Vekic is also huge!!
Cilic? Ancic? Karlovic?
I don't really get your point. A junior should be compared with other juniors that have the same years of real proper training/practicing (which is kinda' similar to the difference between the age groups), as they don't really have many by the time they are 14. If it was for the mental strenghts, than we should compare some top 100 WTA girls with 10 year olds
You may compare her with other girls for their height (remember Maciejewska? ), but being younger means that Ana still has more years to grow. Than you will compare her to whom?

Last edited by Dan_Doe : Jun 15th, 2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old Jun 15th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #250
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Cilic? Ancic? Karlovic?
I don't really get your point. A junior should be compared with other juniors that have the same years of real proper training/practicing (which is kinda' similar to the difference between the age groups), as they don't really have many by the time they are 14. If it was for the mental strenghts, than we should compare some top 100 WTA girls with 10 year olds
You may compare her with other girls for their height (remember Maciejewska? ), but being younger means that Ana still has more years to grow. Than you will compare her to whom?
She may not grow much more as she may have almost completed puberty??
If your point is right about her growing more then in one year you can compare her to 18 year olds etc.
BTW, I can't wait to see her on grass as she could do a lot of damage
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 04:49 AM   #251
country flag networthy

Ana beat Gonzalez again!

Ana KONJUH (CRO) [9] 6-3 7-5 Montserrat GONZALEZ (PAR) [1]

Great result for Ana, as Gonzalez was recently ranked #5 in the world.

With this Ana will jump up in the rankings from 40 (her CH) all the way to 30. She's closing in on the top!
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #252
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Ana beat Gonzalez again!

Ana KONJUH (CRO) [9] 6-3 7-5 Montserrat GONZALEZ (PAR) [1]

Great result for Ana, as Gonzalez was recently ranked #5 in the world.

With this Ana will jump up in the rankings from 40 (her CH) all the way to 30. She's closing in on the top!
Was Gonzalez Number 5
I never knew she was that high. She never had the results to prove it
Gread win for Ana
She seems to be the real deal
Next she has Csoregi
HTF did Jelena lose to her
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #253
country flag Dan_Doe

Yeah, Montse was #5 a few months back. She was like a WTA MM queen won lots of easier tournaments, but never advanced deep in GAs and GSs.
The fact that Ana defeated her two times in a row is really relevant though. 3 and a half years younger

chingching, please don't be rude to Ilka She's a good player, especially on clay, you know. She just didn't have the results we were expecting from her.
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #254
country flag milesaway

milesaway is an unknown quantity at this point

SF: Ana KONJUH (CRO) [9] 6-1 6-2 Ilka CSOREGI (ROU) [4]

Adrijana also won, it's an all-Croatian final
milesaway is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #255
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesaway View Post
SF: Ana KONJUH (CRO) [9] 6-1 6-2 Ilka CSOREGI (ROU) [4]
Wow, Csoregi has a CH #13 and couldn't make it even moderately competitive. Ana is so the real thing

Ana will move up to ~25 in the rankings
Closed Thread