Ana Konjuh - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 06:01 AM   #1501
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Has anybody ever done the Holy Eddie Herr-Orange Bowl-Australian Open Troika though?
Potapovushina is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #1502
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all

Bravo Ana!!!

Now move on to ITF and just play Grand Slams please.
PrimaDonna is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #1503
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Potapovushina is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #1504
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Yesssssss!!!!!!!!! Now stop bothering with juniors and turn pro
It's really not that important. And sometimes it's good not to rush. Why she wouldn't try to win all 4 juniors slams? She's still only 15 and could do it, just like Lucic could have done it.
She is only 15 and today players play mostly until 30+ (on the highest level). There is no need to rush in senior tennis.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #1505
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Ana
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #1506
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
It's really not that important. And sometimes it's good not to rush. Why she wouldn't try to win all 4 juniors slams? She's still only 15 and could do it, just like Lucic could have done it.
She is only 15 and today players play mostly until 30+ (on the highest level). There is no need to rush in senior tennis.
Definitely + there is tournament limit and she is still just 15 years old
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #1507
country flag Hele.

This picture!
Just follow link to see other pictures from gallery: http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...176207187.html

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #1508
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Should be video in JVD soon
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #1509
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Ana, this is history in the making and fully deserved!

Now, to answer some of the posts made earlier about the historic records, and some of my own questions...

- no one ever won Eddie Herr + Orange Bowl + Australian Open in one streak

- she is the 10th girl in history (and 3rd in a row after Mestach and Townsend) to win both singles and doubles at the same AO

- only one player ever won junior singles Roland Garros after winning Australian Open (Magdalena Maleeva in 1990)

- just 15 players in the Open era won more than one junior singles title in one year

- only one player ever made a streak of 3 grand slam junior singles titles - Natasha Zvereva in 1987, from RG to USO

- two players (Ebbern and Zvereva) won 4 junior singles slams each, but only the later did it in the Open era

- this win puts Croatia in the top 14 nations in the girls singles titles list, leaving Italy, Netherlands and Switzerland behind (Open era only)

- trivia: the youngest ever to win a junior slam was Hingis in Paris at 12 yrs 8 mths

Now seriously, this was a really awesome news to wake up to. Sorry to hear the streaming was lousy (am I right to say that those from Turkish ITF's were much better?), but honestly I was surprised to hear there was anything at all in that regard.

Ana is definately showing that she is too good for juniors and her coach says that too, but according to the team they'll still play all four junior majors this year - who knows, there might be something more in store for Ana It'll be exciting to watch how she fairs in the more challenging of challengers later on in the season, cause she'll have to rely more on talent than on strenght against girls who are not just 1-2 but 6-7 years older, but there's definately time on her side. Interesting to hear how ambitious their plans are for this year, cause to reach 250 Ana needs another 200 points or so, and with so many restrictions it'll be a really tough task to achieve it (since 10k's can't bring you more than 12 points each).

I'm really looking forward to see where and how she plays again, especially on the pro circuit. Look out folks, awesome times ahead!
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #1510
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Congratulations Ana, this is history in the making and fully deserved!

Now, to answer some of the posts made earlier about the historic records, and some of my own questions...

- no one ever won Eddie Herr + Orange Bowl + Australian Open in one streak

- she is the 10th girl in history (and 3rd in a row after Mestach and Townsend) to win both singles and doubles at the same AO

- only one player ever won junior singles Roland Garros after winning Australian Open (Magdalena Maleeva in 1990)

- just 15 players in the Open era won more than one junior singles title in one year

- only one player ever made a streak of 3 grand slam junior singles titles - Natasha Zvereva in 1987, from RG to USO

- two players (Ebbern and Zvereva) won 4 junior singles slams each, but only the later did it in the Open era

- this win puts Croatia in the top 14 nations in the girls singles titles list, leaving Italy, Netherlands and Switzerland behind (Open era only)

- trivia: the youngest ever to win a junior slam was Hingis in Paris at 12 yrs 8 mths

Now seriously, this was a really awesome news to wake up to. Sorry to hear the streaming was lousy (am I right to say that those from Turkish ITF's were much better?), but honestly I was surprised to hear there was anything at all in that regard.

Ana is definately showing that she is too good for juniors and her coach says that too, but according to the team they'll still play all four junior majors this year - who knows, there might be something more in store for Ana It'll be exciting to watch how she fairs in the more challenging of challengers later on in the season, cause she'll have to rely more on talent than on strenght against girls who are not just 1-2 but 6-7 years older, but there's definately time on her side. Interesting to hear how ambitious their plans are for this year, cause to reach 250 Ana needs another 200 points or so, and with so many restrictions it'll be a really tough task to achieve it (since 10k's can't bring you more than 12 points each).

I'm really looking forward to see where and how she plays again, especially on the pro circuit. Look out folks, awesome times ahead!
Edberg in 1983 won all 4 slams

But there is no girl that won all 4 in one year and Ana have a chance

I didn't follow the match, I was out and came home pretty much drunk at 4 AM to see that she won and I wasn't surprised at all...I was betting on Ana since QF's and made a good money, the odds were great...

Great to see you again Dan Doe, our Romanian friend

But I have to say that is sad to see how they are treating girls Grand Slam final...from the number of people in the crowd to the TV coverage...one big buuuhuuu to Australia!!!

This thing about reaching top 250 and collecting 200 points... ma re maybe they know something we don't (maybe some WC for some stronger challenger is already in the pocket)
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #1511
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Well, some WC's might be ready, but it's still a tough task to achieve IMO. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed though

P. S. I was obviously looking only at the female junior historical data, you smartass...
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #1512
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

does anyone know how the junior entry status works? she should have a couple of stronger challengers already guaranteed because of her junior ranking.

let's go for all 4
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #1513
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Well, some WC's might be ready, but it's still a tough task to achieve IMO. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed though

P. S. I was obviously looking only at the female junior historical data, you smartass...
Yes, my mind still don't work correctly due to last night overwhelmed drinking

I'm aware that it is tough task but I think that we don't know yet how good Ana really is...

Last year she clinched semis and final on 10 000 K...

She is now much better player I think...

Title at 25 000 K brings 50 points so all she needs are 4 of them

Call me crazy but I think it wouldn't be a big surprise...I mean, she already beat top 400 girl 6-0 6-1
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #1514
country flag Jose.
CL*2NE1

Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute

Ana, amazing week She's the best juniors by far at this moment Hope she plays only until the end of the year and then starts focusing on the pros

Jankovic | Goerges | Petkovic | Safarova | Hsieh | Tsurenko
Azarenka | Barthel | Voegele | Morita | Beck | Muguruza
Koehler | Mladenovic | Garcia | Martic | Robson | Cepelova
Babos | Ormaechea | Jaksic | Gasparyan | Eraydin | Soylu
Allgurin | Kontaveit | Zacarias | Pigossi | Haddad Maia | Abduraimova
Konjuh | Bencic | Komardina | Haas | Jorovic | Galfi | Stollar
Jose. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #1515
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Ana Hopefully this is a good indication for the future!

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread