2014 Fed Cup - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #1
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
2014 Fed Cup

Fed Cup tournament of Euro-African zone I will be held between February 3rd and 9th in Budapest, Hungary (indoor courts) and will host the following teams:

1. Austria
2. Belarus
3. Belgium
4. Bulgaria
5. CROATIA
6. Great Britain
7. Hungary
8. Israel
9. Latvia
10. Luxembourg
11. Netherlands
12. Portugal
13. Romania
14. Slovenia
15. Tunisia
16. Turkey
17. Ukraine

Four round-robin groups will give the winners, who will compete for two spots which lead into the World group II play-offs (held on April 19th & 20th). Group draw, as well as team nominations are yet to be announced.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #2
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Fed Cup

Your thoughts? Yes, it's still very early, but given our player's recent form I'd go with Vekic, Tomljanovic, Konjuh and Jurak, with possibly considering Vrljic and Savic as alternatives cause they both are comfortable on an indoor court. That seems logical. With Konjuh increasingly experienced and Tomljanovic in the form of her life (pretty much), I'd say we have a shot against almost any of these teams, which we proved last year when only Poland was good enough to take us out (although Belarus had a ridiculously weak team without Azarenka and Govortsova).

It'll be interesting to follow developments regarding all this.
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #3
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Vekic, Tomljanovic, Martic and Konjuh for me.
No point in giving the cahce to Jurak, she sucks in doubles after quiting with Marosi.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #4
country flag ma re

Speaking of the teams I wouldn't want us to face, I'd say BEL, BUL, GBR, NED and POR seem like the toughest opponents. Of course, everything will depend on the team nominations.
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #5
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Vekic, Tomljanovic, Martic and Konjuh for me.
No point in giving the cahce to Jurak, she sucks in doubles after quiting with Marosi.
I think this has to be the team, irrespective of form. We should be winning all of the second singles matches and Tomljanovic/Martic have done well together in the past in doubles. Lets just hope for no injuries.
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 01:53 AM   #6
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Martic & Vekic singles, Martic i Konjuh doubles

Or Lucic/ Konjuh

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #7
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post

Or Lucic/ Konjuh
For all three (potentially 4 or 5) ties? Wow, you're a slave driver

Btw, anyone still thinks Mirjana will play (like, seriously!)? Well maybe, if Prpic insists on it and performs a lobotomy on Majoli in order to get her an invitation...
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #8
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post

Or Lucic/ Konjuh
Not gonna happen, Mirjana retired from FED Cup long ago.

Anyway I agree with ajmo! on Vekic-Martic-Konjuh-Tomljanovic lineup. No need for Jurak as everyone except Vekic can play OK in doubles. Vrljic should be first substitute if someone gets injured.

As for other teams, Croatia is definitely good enough to win the group but after that it will be very hard. I'm mostly scared of Great Britain and Romania. Last year Robson/Watson played for GB, and ROM is pretty much unbeatable if their best players (Halep and Cirstea) choose to participate.
Svizac is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #9
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svizac View Post
and ROM is pretty much unbeatable if their best players (Halep and Cirstea) choose to participate.
What are you talking about, we have a solution for Cirstea

OK, kill me, couldn't resist
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #10
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Mirjana never retired from FC.
Just just canceled 2 years ago via e-mail and after that Majoli said she's never gonan invite her again. Double standars for Lucic and Karlovic it seems as he rejected in worse manner a lot of times and yet, he can play if he wants.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #11
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, this year they begged him to play against GB
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #12
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Yeah, this year they begged him to play against GB
They wouldn't have if the tie weren't a World group play-off - too important. I wouldn't go into the reasons of Mirjana not playing FC as we can only speculate, but will only say based on what I do know that I don't believe she is as inocent in the whole story as she claims, cause Prpic had a problem with her as a team captain as well.

But anyway...looking forward to more info for 2014
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #13
country flag ma re

We can even be humorous with team selection by inviting Ana Vrljic, Ana Savic, Ana Konjuh and IvAna Lisjak

Now that would be risky to say the least...
Old Oct 8th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #14
country flag croat123

well, all of our players are in bad form
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #15
country flag ma re

I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get Hungary in our group - cause this year (or last) In Israel all of the hosting team's matches were streamed