10 best movie twists ever - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 11:28 PM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
10 best movie twists ever

THE moment a stunning “girl” is revealed as a transsexual in The Crying Game has been voted best movie twist ever.

The 1992 film featured an IRA terrorist, played by Stephen Rea, who falls for the beauty, alias actor Jaye Davidson.

In second spot was The Usual Suspects (1995) which revealed Kevin Spacey’s crippled conman as the bad guy after he escapes justice.

And third in a Woolworths survey was Hitchcock’s Psycho (1960), where Norman Bates turns out to be the killer dressed as his mother.

Other hits include Darth Vader being named as Luke’s dad in Star Wars.

Rest of the Top Ten:

4 Seven (1995)

5 The Sixth Sense (1999)

6 Fight Club (1999)

7 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

8 The Game (1997)

9 The Others (2001)

10 Memento (2000)
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 5th, 2004, 12:01 AM   #2
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairspray Queen
I agree about "The Game" though
To me 'The Game' is a bad copy of 'The Spanish Prisoner' (1999), one of the best movies where nothing is what it seems Directed by THE GREAT David Mamet BTW
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 12:51 AM   #3
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a brilliant future MisterQ has a brilliant future MisterQ has a brilliant future MisterQ has a brilliant future MisterQ has a brilliant future MisterQ has a brilliant future MisterQ has a brilliant future MisterQ has a brilliant future MisterQ has a brilliant future MisterQ has a brilliant future MisterQ has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairspray Queen
I don't want to sound like a broken record, but how can people not see that Malcolm Crowe aka Bruce Willis is dead in "The Sixth Sense"? It's so obvious, not only the movie starts and he's being killed, he doesn't have any interaction with other caracters during the movie.

I agree about "The Game" though
I didn't realize that Bruce Willis was dead when I first watched it! it didn't occur to me at the time that no one actually addressed him directly! You're right, it's completely obvious in retrospect, but it's amazing how much people (like myself, i guess) take for granted and the assumptions we make.
MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 12:58 AM   #4
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy
To me 'The Game' is a bad copy of 'The Spanish Prisoner' (1999), one of the best movies where nothing is what it seems Directed by THE GREAT David Mamet BTW
How can a 1997 movie be a bad copy of a 1999 movie?
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 01:15 AM   #5
country flag spiceboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposablehero
How can a 1997 movie be a bad copy of a 1999 movie?
LOL I've just re-read what I've written. Sorry for the incoherence

What I mean is that while 'The Game' is the typical movie filmed to make a star shine (Douglas here ) with an ok plot. 'The Spanish Prisoner' (nothing to do with Spain though , it's actually an American movie) is a movie where every ten minutes there's a new twist on the plot If you liked 'The game' you'll love 'TSP'
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 01:21 AM   #6
country flag RainyDays
Registered 1

RainyDays is a splendid one to behold RainyDays is a splendid one to behold RainyDays is a splendid one to behold RainyDays is a splendid one to behold RainyDays is a splendid one to behold RainyDays is a splendid one to behold RainyDays is a splendid one to behold RainyDays is a splendid one to behold RainyDays is a splendid one to behold RainyDays is a splendid one to behold RainyDays is a splendid one to behold
Hmmm...having never seen the Sixth Sense, i must say that sounds like a very surprising plot twist.
thanks for ruining it for me. muahaha
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 02:11 AM   #7
country flag decemberlove

decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute
what was the twist again in the others?
they were all dead already?

i cant remember... that movie was such crap.

....This is fucked up, fucked up....

This is your blind spot, blind spot.
It should be obvious, but it's not.

You cannot kickstart a dead horse
You just crush yourself and walk away
I don't care what the future holds
Cause I'm right here in your arms today
With your fingers you can touch me

I'll be your black swan, black swan
I'm for spare parts, broken up.

decemberlove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 02:14 AM   #8
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, the Spanish Prisoner should be up there too. GREAT movie!!
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 02:26 AM   #9
Steam

Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold Steam is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by decemberlove
what was the twist again in the others?
they were all dead already?

i cant remember... that movie was such crap.
Crap? I was told by someone I worked with that the movie was great. I was going to borrow her DVD of it but I never got around to it. I was still pissed that she didn't like Mallrats.

I got the Sixth Sense a few minutes before it was revealed. At the same moment by friend got it too and when I said "holy shit" he followed with a very audible "He's fucking dead!". It was a great film.

Fight Club was ok but I knew the end going in. I can see how it could be a shock in a trippy kind of way.

The Game was all kinds of fucked up.
Steam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 02:32 AM   #10
country flag AjdeNate!

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
The Others is a good movie. Not the best ever, not the most shocking ending,... but very entertaining.
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 02:38 AM   #11
country flag decemberlove

decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam
Crap? I was told by someone I worked with that the movie was great. I was going to borrow her DVD of it but I never got around to it. I was still pissed that she didn't like Mallrats.

I got the Sixth Sense a few minutes before it was revealed. At the same moment by friend got it too and when I said "holy shit" he followed with a very audible "He's fucking dead!". It was a great film.

Fight Club was ok but I knew the end going in. I can see how it could be a shock in a trippy kind of way.

The Game was all kinds of fucked up.
thriller/mystery isnt my genre. i was told it was shocking and scary, and i felt neither at the end. i was bored. maybe it was okay, but great? blah. no fucking way.

i knew the ending to fight club when i saw it too. i wouldnt watch it until one day i was forced to. same with the ring. and memento. and the sixth sense. kind of ruins a movie for you, which is why i think im not a fan of the genre. ive never seen a good mystery movie that i didnt already know the ending to, except reservoir dogs. but thats tarantino, so it shoudlnt count.

....This is fucked up, fucked up....

This is your blind spot, blind spot.
It should be obvious, but it's not.

You cannot kickstart a dead horse
You just crush yourself and walk away
I don't care what the future holds
Cause I'm right here in your arms today
With your fingers you can touch me

I'll be your black swan, black swan
I'm for spare parts, broken up.

decemberlove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 02:42 AM   #12
country flag AjdeNate!

Resevoir Dogs... that was just a big ol' mess. And I like Q Tarintootey, but that movie was just a bloodbath stinker.
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 02:44 AM   #13
country flag GBFH
College Grad

GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute
the usual suspects....not a great movie, but still my fave 'ending.'

the scene where they're in the line-up and reading off of those cards is hysterical. especially when the cop tells benecio del toro to speak, 'in english!'
GBFH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 02:47 AM   #14
country flag AjdeNate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBFH
the usual suspects....not a great movie, but still my fave 'ending.'

the scene where they're in the line-up and reading off of those cards is hysterical. especially when the cop tells benecio del toro to speak, 'in english!'
"What the fuck? I said get in the car, you fuckin' cock sucker."
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 02:49 AM   #15
country flag GBFH
College Grad

GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute GBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenaeum
"What the fuck? I said get in the car, you fuckin' cock sucker."
haha! thought it was, 'give me the keys, you cocksucker!'
GBFH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote