Admit It, You WILL Miss Her When She's Gone - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 05:08 AM   #1
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Admit It, You WILL Miss Her When She's Gone

For all those who said that Monica should already have retired... Granted it was *only* a first round win, but arguably one of the BEST matches for the whole of 2002 so far. I hope this serves as the only notice that you'll need that Monica lives her life and plays her tennis on one persons terms and timetable.... HER OWN!

Congrats Monica!!
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 05:10 AM   #2
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute
well said...
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2002, 05:10 AM   #3
selesrules

selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past
GO MONICA!!!
selesrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2002, 05:12 AM   #4
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
I won't need to mull over this question for a while yet.
Old Nov 7th, 2002, 06:46 AM   #5
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
I will never miss Monica

they're not all fans you know
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2002, 06:49 AM   #6
country flag 2284

2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice
Monica should keep playing for as long as she enjoys playing tennis...let's face it, Agassi is 32 or something and Monica had a huge break during her career (so she's less likely to burn out), so she should have a few good years left in her
2284 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2002, 06:49 AM   #7
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
I guess I will, I was also sad when sabatini retired!
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2002, 06:49 AM   #8
country flag ~RedRose~

~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts
I must admitt that i was Going for Lindsay, but nevertheless, a great win and a great fight from Monica ... Congrats Grl!! U deserve it!! Good Luck against Venus!!
~RedRose~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2002, 07:15 AM   #9
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Admit It, You WILL Miss Her When She's Gone

Quote:
Originally posted by Seles
For all those who said that Monica should already have retired... Granted it was *only* a first round win, but arguably one of the BEST matches for the whole of 2002 so far. I hope this serves as the only notice that you'll need that Monica lives her life and plays her tennis on one persons terms and timetable.... HER OWN!

Congrats Monica!!

THANK YOU for WRITING this GREAT post!
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2002, 07:33 AM   #10
country flag 2284

2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice
Seles, You said we would miss her, and yes, we will miss seeing her play when she retires (which I hope is not soon), but I can't see her not being involved. Maybe she will get a job doing something for the WTA, or become a tournament director. I can't remember what tennis was like without Monica and I don't even want to think about what it would be like without her
2284 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2002, 07:56 AM   #11
what_about_me

what_about_me is an unknown quantity at this point
GO MONICA UR THE BEST!
what_about_me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2002, 08:06 AM   #12
country flag Maajken
Miss Verstand

Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future
Great win for Monica but i wont exactly miss her..

Och du håller så hårt och när längtan blir svår
Så är jag din, din, din att ta med
Att ta ut, att ta in i någonting nytt
Maajken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2002, 08:24 AM   #13
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Of course we'll all miss her
Old Nov 7th, 2002, 12:24 PM   #14
sailntiger

sailntiger is an unknown quantity at this point sailntiger is an unknown quantity at this point sailntiger is an unknown quantity at this point sailntiger is an unknown quantity at this point sailntiger is an unknown quantity at this point sailntiger is an unknown quantity at this point sailntiger is an unknown quantity at this point sailntiger is an unknown quantity at this point sailntiger is an unknown quantity at this point sailntiger is an unknown quantity at this point sailntiger is an unknown quantity at this point
I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED MONICA SELES AND HER TENNIS ABILITY. I ALWAYS ROOT FOR HER UNLESS SHE IS PLAYING JUSTINE
sailntiger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2002, 12:31 PM   #15
country flag Seles_Beckham

Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all Seles_Beckham is a name known to all
We are all going to miss her but she is still playing so enjoy every match like the last one..
One of the best match of the year...

And about the Sanex Hero of the year the official award ceremony will take place on November 7, 2002 at the

Staples Center in Los Angeles during the Home Depot Championships

- SARAJEVO - BiH

- Mervana Jugić-Salkić ( 24-5 )
Seles_Beckham is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote