Petra Speaks!: Poses For Chic Photos, Denounces New Book, etc. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 14th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #1
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Petra Speaks!: Poses For Chic Photos, Denounces New Book, etc.

Posting here, cause this is a current headline on Tennis.com

Seems like Petra Kvitova, the Greta Garbo of the WTA, all of a sudden has a lot to say (or now the American media is paying more attention to what she has to say to the Czech press, as the new season draws near, for a story). Hard to know how bad she criticized the new unauthorized biography, cause the translation wasn't the best. Czech members? Come Clean please? How bad is this? Lol

Quote:
Petra Kvitova poses for chic photos, denounces new book
- Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Petra Kvitova Suffice it to say, Petra Kvitova is relentless.

The Czech sensation and world No. 2, within range of a top-spot take down in early 2012, was recently anointed—as if there was any doubt—this year's ITF world champion in women's tennis. She also has a glamorous photo spread in a native publication, iSport. Everything is illuminated: See her well-lit shots here. For those who have wanted to see the no-frills girl sporting various caps and vests, bags and dresses, this gallery's for you.

Kvitova, unaffected as ever, had this to say: "This photo shoot for me was new and I must say that I thought it was pretty tired." She noted that the five-hour shoot, including makeup and hair, took longer than a tennis match. It took place in November and put Kvitova in a new collection of dresses from designer Steilmann. Honest to a fault, Kvitova said, "It does not seem it, but to hold some poses and set [oneself] as a photographer wants is quite challenging. I must say that the role of tennis players I like more than the role of models."

We're not so sure the poses are as "seductive!" as the Czech pub claims, but the piece serves to shed some more light on Kvitova's mindset on fame and the accoutrements that go with her wham-bam success in 2011. The "Lightning Lioness of Fulnek" (her hometown), who is coming around to her good fortune, remains grounded: "I still prefer to wear jeans, T-shirt and sweatshirt, but I must say that I've got rather more elegant fashion [now]."

Kvitova also took to task those behind a new biography on her life. Her Facebook page had this roughly translated, subtly funny statement: "Watch out, as a Christmas present we do not recommend this book! ... [T]he book Queen Jane was created without any cooperation with Petra Kvitova and any of [her] managerial and team or family. ... 'My own high-quality original ... biography will have to my fans still wait a few years! ... I still have enough time. Before that book I'm warning because I don't want my fans ... disappointed ... and then get to the information that they have the correct memoirs contain. The issue is but a few years time, I haven't thought about it...'"

Photo shoots and publishing drama aside, it doesn't seem a question of "if" but rather "when" she will ascend to the WTA's throne. In doing so, Kvitova will relieve those forever kvetching about Wozniacki'

href='http://www.tennis.com/players/player_info.aspx?player_name=Caroline+Wozniacki' target='_top' >Caroline Wozniacki's fiendishly consistent and yet Slam-less ways. What do you say, No. 1 with a bullet forehand by March?

—Jonathan Scott (@jonscott9)
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 02:36 AM   #2
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future
Re: Petra Speaks!: Poses For Chic Photos, Denounces New Book, etc.

Sorry but she isn't Greta Garbo. Not even near. One of the last photos was very complimenting though
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 02:41 AM   #3
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

@Gulzhan

She's not Greta Garbo, cause of how she looks or even her tennis accomplishments.

She's Greta Garbo, cause many people thought she was very quiet, and appeared in relative hibernation (like Garbo).

It was just a flippant remark anyway. No biggie.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 03:14 AM   #4
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolerda View Post
Excuse me,who is Petra?
WowWow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 04:08 AM   #5
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolerda View Post
Excuse me,who is Petra?
+1.

She may get a few sales. In Czech Republic

atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 04:27 AM   #6
country flag abi

abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light abi is a glorious beacon of light

Guess now in Czech she is as big as Djoker in Serbia??
abi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #7
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi View Post
Guess now in Czech she is as big as Djoker in Serbia??
i guess. She's big in 1% of the world now.
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote