I Played in the OutGames! (And won a medal!) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #16
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I Played in the OutGames! (And won a medal!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevos View Post
Hey friends!
This summer I'm in Vancouver and the international Outgames came and I got to play in them! Only the B division (there was Open, A, B, C and D divisions). I haven't played a tournament since high school so I didn't really no where to place myself, so I put myself in B, but I ended up winning the consolation tournament. It started out with like 32 players in the main draw. I lost my first match to a really talented guy, who ended up losing to the eventual champion. But I got to join the consolation draw and beat everyone in that to win that draw. Won the final 6-3 6-2 in my best playing in awhile (Masha-style (fake!)). Anyway I just thought it was funny, playing against a bunch of international gay tennis players (though most were Canadian, don't think people travel too much for these things unless they're really talented). But yeah!
I want to play more gay tournaments. It was a lot of older men, but they were definitely talented players. I got a medal that looks like a silver? But is obviously for consolation. Met some really nice guys too.

You should all play Outgames or Gay Games or whatever the hell those things are, I feel like theres so many different ones. Next one is in Antwerp 2013. There were sadly only like 10 women competing though? Where are all our lesbs??
Well done I would like to play the Out Games someday before I get too long in the tooth
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #17
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett. View Post
Are you an idiot?
Bit harsh.

I've just never really understood events like the Gay Games and the Outgames. I mean Paralympics, Deaflympics, Special Olympics... they exist to give people an opportunity to compete who would otherwise not have one. It's not like gay people require segregation in order to compete athletically.

But then, I reckon the whole 'gay pride' thing is pretty stupid in general. People's sexuality really isn't a big deal, I don't know why people insist on making it an issue.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #18
country flag stevos
Open the Light

stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
People's sexuality really isn't a big deal, I don't know why people insist on making it an issue.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yes, it's the GAY people who have made sexuality an issue. For sure. Just begging to be gay-bashed, persecuted, outcast, abused.
"Straight people would you please start hating us and singling us out because of our sexuality. We're not being made ashamed enough!"

Seriously, think for two seconds before you post something. And maybe look a few years past 2010 in terms of understanding history.
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #19
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevos View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yes, it's the GAY people who have made sexuality an issue. For sure. Just begging to be gay-bashed, persecuted, outcast, abused.
"Straight people would you please start hating us and singling us out because of our sexuality. We're not being made ashamed enough!"

Seriously, think for two seconds before you post something. And maybe look a few years past 2010 in terms of understanding history.
What's that got to do with sport?

Just reckon pointless segregation makes it more of a divisive issue than less of one. We'll all better off when people stop labelling themselves and others as gays or straights or whatever.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote