Petko: " I didn't want to Be in Infamous Highlighs on ESPN SC" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #1
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Petko: " I didn't want to Be in Infamous Highlighs on ESPN SC"

Quick thnking from Petko
Quote:

Sick Petkovic didn’t want to be infamous highlight

Ticker - Saturday, August 6, 2011

Andrea Petkovic sprints off court and tear up the stairs to the bathroom in the second set of her 4-6 6-0 6-4 loss to Agnieszka Radwanska in he semis of San Diego because she didn’t want to be seen vomiting on court

"At the point where I ran out, I couldn't hold it back anymore," Petkovic said. "I didn't want to be on Sports Center for the next 25 years."

The German said that she ate something bad for lunch and tried to hold off throughout the second set, but serving in the fourth game of their second set at 0-40 she could not longer contain herself.

She was not assessed a point or game penalty because she had informed tour supervisor Melanie and umpire Kerrilyn Cramer beforehand. Tabb determined that Petkovic had an acute medical condition and allowed her to take medical timeout outside the court.

"I told her immediately I need to throw up," Petkovic said. "The trainer gave me something against it. It didn't help. I just felt this big stone in my stomach that needed to get out. I told them, Listen, I actually just feel fine, I just need to go to the bathroom as quick as possible."

Petkovic added that she didn’t want to have the incident played over and over as sports highlight , like Pete Sampras’ heaving incident against Alex Corretja a the 1996 US Open is.

"Guys are really different in those kinds of things,” she said. "I felt so embarrassed. The last two points I was like, Okay, what are you going to do? Is it more embarrassing running off the court like a maniac or throwing up on the court and being on SportsCenter for the next 25 years? I was like, Yeah, running off the court is better, so that's what I did."

Source: http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...3616&zoneid=25

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #2
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petko: " I didn't want to Be in Infamous Highlighs on ESPN SC"

She probably would've made the "Not Top 10."
Jane Lane is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #3
country flag duhcity
yaaaas jaja u play soooo good

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Sportsnation would have played tennis for once

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #4
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

it was like the famous german Movie "Run Lola Run"
the whole audience and Aga was looking like "what the fuck is going on with her?"
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #5
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Good for her!

Maintain your dignity Miss!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #6
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9SZmftHAVs

Here's her run...

(how can I insert videos? sorry, I'm new. )
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #7
country flag Specter
<(⌒▽⌒)>

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobackhand View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9SZmftHAVs

Here's her run...

(how can I insert videos? sorry, I'm new. )
Quote me and you'll know.

Old Aug 13th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #8
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Good to know. Thank you!
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote