Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet?? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #61
country flag PLP

PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSetAndMatch View Post
I saw her play live in Miami against Clijsters, and she looked thinner then than she does now. She said something about feeling weak early this year (after she lost that crop of weight at the tail-end of last year). She looks fine now to me, muscle definition in her legs and arms and I think she's put on a couple LBs since Wimbledon. No cause for worry.
I agree, she looks like she has added just a bit of muscle since the beginning of the year. I think she looks great, but she definitely does not need to lose anymore!

Martina Hingis Forever!!!
PLP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #62
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by timafi View Post
she apparently hired Djokovic's kwak doctor .She has gone gluten-free according to reports so
Interesting.

I won't comment on Djokovic...

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #63
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellardoor View Post
Dramatic Weight Loss
has been losing weight steadily

pick one.
well she is dramatically skinny even though it took a while to get there
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #64
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

It's the Nigel Sears effect.
Remember when he was Dani's coach?

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #65
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, some people actually believe she was fat at RG 2008 ??? Okay... so almost every girl is overweight.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #66
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
Ana just needs to yes being careful but also to trust her body and realise that this is a good thing for her career in the long run. I mean SHE has put all the work to slim down like that so she should know all the things she needs to do to make this change work.
If she is concerned about the weigh loss , that suggest she has not totally bought this means as a way to reach the goal of getting to her high level that won her RG.

Quote:
I'm much more concern by the fact she's concerned about it, she would have done this without really knowin what she was getting into??
I agree with the first part of your statement.

On the 2nd part, it is possible that what she is feeling is different from what she was told would happen.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #67
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilee27 View Post
Something to think about

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #68
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
If she is concerned about the weigh loss , that suggest she has not totally bought this means as a way to reach the goal of getting to her high level that won her RG.

I agree with the first part of your statement.

On the 2nd part, it is possible that what she is feeling is different from what she was told would happen.
Yes this is true, I mean if she wasn't sure about that idea in the first place that sure is concernin and not helping to see how it really helps her. BUT if she wasn't sure or didn't know what it was gonna imply she should have etheir asked more question about it or not starting to do it at all. I know elite athletes all have a big team surrounding them but they have (or should have) the final word! I don't think it's worrying whatsoever since she's still in a very healthy shape and as people as mentionned she's putting some muscle weight back on which was (or should have been) in the whole process.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #69
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilee27 View Post
She lost the weight during the off-season, way before Nigel Sears came onto the seen.
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #70
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Yes this is true, I mean if she wasn't sure about that idea in the first place that sure is concernin and not helping to see how it really helps her.
BUT if she wasn't sure or didn't know what it was gonna imply she should have etheir asked more question about it or not starting to do it at all. I know elite athletes all have a big team surrounding them but they have (or should have) the final word! I don't think it's worrying whatsoever since she's still in a very healthy shape and as people as mentionned she's putting some muscle weight back on which was (or should have been) in the whole process.
Put yourself in Ana's shoes.

She is desperate to find a new coach after several failed attempts.
She finally get someone who is willing o accept Ana's conditions.
This coach convinces her what she has to do to be successful, and Ana accepts.

I presume she does not know enough about fitness and nutrition to know the right question to ask about the process and possible side effects or body image issues.

As you said, she looks healthy so there is nothing to worry about.

As to people saying she has put on weight, I think there is a difference of opinion.
Some posters, including myself ( and ESPN commentators, not that they are authority in this sort things) thinks she has lost weight since Wimbledon.

I don't even want to address posters who stated that she was overweight she she won RG. That is ridiculous

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #71
country flag Fuzzylogic

Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of Fuzzylogic has much to be proud of

Dramatic makes it sound like Star Jones or Jennifer Hudson

It's obvious she's lost weight, but it's hardly dramatic.
Fuzzylogic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #72
country flag Bayo

Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's an example of good weight loss. She dropped the baby fat. She looks great.
Serena's game is like the limitation of the spirit to it's very basic elements, sleep (or the process of going to sleep), eat, rerun [...] the two first, all and absolutely unnecessary to a person's life just like Serena's game is to tennis are often overpraised for whatever reasons in certain close-minded brain-broken societies.
Bayo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #73
country flag tennisbum79

5 pages.

I am glad we got this far with the discussion remaining largely civil, not bashing Ana or each other.

This particular thread does not lend itself to polarized discussion.

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #74
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Put yourself in Ana's shoes.

She is desperate to find a new coach after several failed attempts.
She finally get someone who is willing o accept Ana's conditions.
This coach convinces her what she has to do to be successful, and Ana accepts.

I presume she does not know enough about fitness and nutrition to know the right question to ask about the process and possible side effects or body image issues.

As you said, she looks healthy so there is nothing to worry about.

As to people saying she has put on weight, I think there is a difference of opinion.
Some posters, including myself ( and ESPN commentators, not that they are authority in this sort things) thinks she has lost weight since Wimbledon.

I don't even want to address posters who stated that she was overweight she she won RG. That is ridiculous
Of course she was desperate to find a solution to her problem, and I do think she found somewhere the good one or at least part of the answer. At least she must feel like she's doing something noticeable. Which always help the mental side. Wether or not she knew the risks or all the effects is somewhat irrelevant if she keeps on working hard to improve in that way. As for her losing or gaining weight since Wimbledon I have honestly no idea and it shouldn't really matter since she's losing her weight in a healthy way from what we can see. When she won RG and most noticably at last year Wimby she had some baby fat, she was in no way overweight but I think it's good for her that she got rid of that fat. She just need to work on getting more muscle now and i'm sure she'll be in a great form pretty soon.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:45 PM   #75
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

She just wants to be a sportsMODEL.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote