Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet?? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #46
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Bit of an exaggeration. Yes, she has lost weight, but it ain't that bad. Plus she has her former fitness trainer (Scott Byrnes) back and they're working on building her back up again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #47
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos7 View Post
Yes, she has lost weight, but it ain't that bad. Plus she has her former fitness trainer (Scott Byrnes) back and they're working on building her back up again.
I hope this is true.

I pose this question in the opening post

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Live Stream, football, tennis, etc.. : http://www.sportlemon.tv/
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #48
country flag Polikarpov

Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute

My only concern about her losing weight is that it might also affect her power.
Polikarpov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #49
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polikarpov View Post
Yes, that is a concern, but she displayed some power tennis last night.

But who knows what will happen next if she continues to lose weight.

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #50
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polikarpov View Post
She had no problem last night against Peng! She was hitting the best I've seen her in ages!! WITH CONSISTENCY! lol

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #51
country flag empressionist

empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of empressionist has much to be proud of
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
Yes.

Last year after Wimbledon she hired Marija Lojanica, who was a fitness consultant for the Serbian Fed Cup team and a close friend of Ana's. They worked together until just before Indian Wells this year. During this period, Ana lost a considerable amount of weight, and the split was supposedly due to a dispute over how much muscle Ana needed.
I think she/her management are well aware of the potential problem, and if I remember correctly in her statement after splitting with Lojanica, Ana said she didn't like the fact that she had lost too much weight/muscle, and had been getting out of energy quickly during the matches... probably Scott Byrnes will work on this...
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #52
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos.rs View Post
I think she/her management are well aware of the potential problem, and if I remember correctly in her statement after splitting with Lojanica, Ana said she didn't like the fact that she had lost too much weight/muscle, and had been getting out of energy quickly during the matches... probably Scott Byrnes will work on this...
This makes more sense to me than those who think because she looks nice and not sickly, everything must be OK.

They probably did not hear Ana's own concerns.

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #53
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
This makes more sense to me than those who think because she looks nice and not sickly, everything must be OK.

They probably did not hear Ana's own concerns.
Personnally it's not because I think she looks nice or not sick that I'm not concerned, it's because losing weight was something she needed to if she wanted to have a long carreer. NO need to carry extra weight. Yes the fact that she's not sickly thin is surely a good thing too. The problem when a player loses alot of weight it's that it needs an adaptation time. You can't expect to have good results instantly. You need to adjust your game, diet, pre and post match routine, your training etc. It takes alot of time to your body to adjust to all those changes so yes you can feel more tired and lack of energy. It is concerning for a player to feel all those changes but in the long run (if she does it correctly with good people following her) it should really pay off. Many players have done that change, Aleksandra WOzniak has slimmed down ALOT since her injury and she's been playing really well lately, but she has took the time to work hard in and off the gym. When she just got back people were saying she needed more muscles tone and i'm sure she's been workin on that. Ana just needs to yes being careful but also to trust her body and realise that this is a good thing for her career in the long run. I mean SHE has put all the work to slim down like that so she should know all the things she needs to do to make this change work. I'm much more concern by the fact she's concerned about it, she would have done this without really knowin what she was getting into??

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #54
country flag BluSthil

BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all BluSthil is a name known to all

As long as Ana's weight loss is not dramatic and her nutritional needs are met, it should help her movement on the court. The weight room should compensate for any weight loss and loss of power.
BluSthil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #55
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you think she is looking for optimum combination of weight-health-performance ?
I have no idea
Quote:
I hope you are not suggesting it is a good idea for Ana to continue this exploratory process of trial-and-error for ever.
One way or another EVERY athlete continues this 'this exploratory process of trial-and-error' forever.

A thirty year old athlete is rare the same physically as at seventeen.
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #56
country flag cellardoor

cellardoor has a brilliant future cellardoor has a brilliant future cellardoor has a brilliant future cellardoor has a brilliant future cellardoor has a brilliant future cellardoor has a brilliant future cellardoor has a brilliant future cellardoor has a brilliant future cellardoor has a brilliant future cellardoor has a brilliant future cellardoor has a brilliant future

Dramatic Weight Loss
has been losing weight steadily

pick one.
cellardoor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #57
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
...How she LOOKS at a given weight is a non-issue. It's all about health and performance.
Unless you're a sponsor.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #58
country flag Vincey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellardoor View Post
Dramatic Weight Loss
has been losing weight steadily

pick one.
yah I think it's the problem of this thread, her weight loss has nothing dramatic, she no where as skinny as Alona Bondarenko or what Hantuchova used to be. Those are DRAMATICS, Ivanovic just looks like she's been putting some hard work to lose the fat.

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #59
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future

She's got the same disease that Dani had: a perfect example of ''wannabeamodelitis''. Seriously what concerns me is that she's lost a lot of muscle mass and it's never a good sign when your collar bone is so prominent.

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #60
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute

she apparently hired Djokovic's kwak doctor .She has gone gluten-free according to reports so
Need to find out if your state has a voter ID law? As of August 2013, the following 33 states have some form of voter ID law in effect. Click on your state below to find out what the requirements are and if you have the right ID:
http://voteriders.com/voter-id

Explainer: A Year Of Benghazi Myths http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/09...i-myths/195821
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote