Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet?? - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #526
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
she is too skinny...and yes you have to compare it to other periods where she wasn't looking like the strongest wind would blow her over...she looks pale, can't go for a few weeks without some injury or another, can't sustain her physical form over a whole week for a tournament, weight of shot isn't nearly as potent on a consistent level...

she's not a model, she's an athlete...she wasn't naturally skinny and any weight she attempted to lose to gain speed hasn't worked cause she's no faster on court, yet she's still dropping weight
Oh Lord...

First of all, what does it even mean naturally skinny?
It's a fictitious notion.
If I showed you a pic of a skinny person, without knowing how this person looked before, you wouldn't be able to tell if this person is naturally skinny or UNnaturally skinny as supposedly Ana is.
Because you would have to have the BEFORE pics to be able to tell.
So what are we even talking about?

Ana is fitter than both Kvitova and Jelena, and a few other players. Could she be fitter? Yeah, she could. Could she be stronger? Yeah she could. Is eating the way to go? Not so sure.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #527
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
Oh Lord...

If I showed you a pic of a skinny person, without knowing how this person looked before, you wouldn't be able to tell if this person is naturally skinny or UNnaturally skinny as supposedly Ana is.

Ana is fitter than both Kvitova and Jelena, and a few other players. Could she be fitter? Yeah, she could. Could she be stronger? Yeah she could. Is eating the way to go? Not so sure.
Jelena ? As Jelena Dokic, RIGHT ?

And sorry but it looks obvious for Ana. Her face is pale, it looks weird. Lollipop figure tbh.
But nevermind. Looks are not important.

It's her fitness, the colours of her face, her health, if she is getting injured more often that before that matter.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #528
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, exept the matter of dispute in this thread is whether Ana is too skinny, not whether she is skinny compared to another period. That's the whole point.
But you have to compare to where she comes from to say if she is too skinny.

I think if she were to add muscle to this frame, she'd be fine. She's simply not strong enough to sustain herself in matches.

Neither extreme is okay, and 2005-2006, you can tell that she had baby fat and a little something extra.

2008 is kind of a midway point.

And this is the other extreme.

The Upstarts: Muguruza, Garcia
The Legends: Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #529
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Jelena ? As Jelena Dokic, RIGHT ?

And sorry but it looks obvious for Ana. Her face is pale, it looks weird. Lollipop figure tbh.
But nevermind. Looks are not important.

It's her fitness, the colours of her face, her health, if she is getting injured more often that before that matter.
No, as in Jelena Jankovic.
And remember, fitness isn't only about the looks.

About injuries - plenty of possible other causes for that. Wrong training regime...not enough playing/training.
The same about her shots. Her forhand was way flatter before. Now it's much spinnier, it's trajectory is different, it's fluffier, not as deep. And thus, it looks weaker. But I am not at all sure that it's because she is weak. Also, she has been known to pull on her fh when she is hesitant. And when she does, it's not the same shot.
She has been tinkering with her forhand since Nigel started coaching her.
Plenty, plenty other explanations.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #530
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Ana looks very good.
Even for Vogue or Hollywood standards.

Only reason why I agree that she needs to gain some weight is fact that hers current body type much more suits to movement than power - and powerful game is best formula for Ana.
But calling hers current look unhealthy is simple wrong, because if she not pro athlete, hers current look will be just perfect for 185cm tall women.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #531
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, as in Jelena Jankovic.
And remember, fitness isn't only about the looks.

About injuries - plenty of possible other causes for that. Wrong training regime...not enough playing/training.
The same about her shots. Her forhand was way flatter before. Now it's much spinnier, it's trajectory is different, it's fluffier, not as deep. And thus, it looks weaker. But I am not at all sure that it's because she is weak. Also, she has been known to pull on her fh when she is hesitant. And when she does, it's not the same shot.
She has been tinkering with her forhand since Nigel started coaching her.
Plenty, plenty other explanations.
Jelena's body doesn't shock me at all. It's normal.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #532
country flag JAS_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Ana looks very good.

Only reason why I agree that she needs to gain some weight is fact that hers current body type much more suits to movement than power - and powerful game is best formula for Ana. But calling hers current look unhealthy is simple wrong, because if she not pro athlete, hers current look will be just perfect for 185cm tall women.
Precisely.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #533

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Ana looks very good.

Only reason why I agree that she needs to gain some weight is fact that hers current body type much more suits to movement than power - and powerful game is best formula for Ana. But calling hers current look unhealthy is simple wrong, because if she not pro athlete, hers current look will be just perfect for 185cm tall women.
...Not really. I would be concerned, pro athlete or not.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #534
country flag JAS_

Quote:
Jelena's body doesn't shock me at all. It's normal.
Aaaaaaaand we come back to the looks.

And since we are talking about looks, Ana's body doesn't shock me either. On the contrary
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #535
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh Lord...

it's not a fictitious notion (i assume you've never heard of genetics so this is my last reply to your idiocy)

ana is NOT fitter than kvitova or jelena at the moment being skin and bones does NOT equal being fit or else you'll next tell me she is fitter than serena williams ana can't even last a whole match at times without her form dropping drastically in the 2nd or 3rd set and then she picks up an injury...she's gone way past the point of healthy weight loss for an ATHLETE if she can't even last long in the sport she's supposed to play...

her elbows are jutting out, her pelvic bones show through her dresses, her clavicle is a soup bowl, she's pale and her face looks gaunt...and most importantly, she has lost a lot of physical endurance and weight of shot...

as i said...wait until she drops down on court to offer her a sandwich

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #536
debby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyingGravity View Post
...Not really. I would be concerned, pro athlete or not.
+1

I actually think models are too thin.

Quote:
Aaaaaaaand we come back to the looks.

And since we are talking about looks, Ana's body doesn't shock me either. On the contrary
WTF ? I was not talking about looks but about Jankovic's body so her muscles. There's no drastic loss or gain in weight, she still has some muscles. Her problem is not her weight or something, but she is a headcase who has 0 confidence at all. Don't compare Ana's problems to Jelena's.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #537
country flag JAS_

Quote:
+1

I actually think models are too thin.

WTF ? I was not talking about looks but about Jankovic's body so her muscles. There's no drastic loss or gain in weight, she still has some muscles. Her problem is not her weight or something, but she is a headcase who has 0 confidence at all. Don't compare Ana's problems to Jelena's.
Are you kidding me? You are only proving all you are discussing is looks. You are confusing muscle mass with fat, looks with fitness. JJ cannot play a long match without getting completely exhausted at all. Did you watch JJ's recent matches? How long can she sustain high level of her game?
Just beacuse she looks rather the same as she used to doesn't meant she is as fit.
And if you really think that her problem is ONLY mental, especially NOW, after this disasterous year, than you are even more delusional than those delusional Ana fans you were mocking.
Confidence issues she might have, but now there are others as well.

The same for Ana.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #538
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
:/ This is lame, even for your standards, Spammo. What's your definition of skinny/chubby/fat then?
I totally agree with Defying Gravity. She looks skinny (but toned on these late 2010/2011 pictures)
Shut up Devil, I said she wasn't skinny at all in early 2011 and I mantain it, some people just call anything remotely thin anorexic

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #539
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

I still say that early 2011 was the best body Ivanovic ever had

Some people just need to get over the fact that there's nothing wrong with being thin and healthy.

She does look worrying now though.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #540

I'm not disagreeing with you Sammo. Thin/skinny and healthy is great.

The difference is, again, the loss of muscle. I quite liked how Ana performed at Indian Wells in 2011. She had big shots and GREAT movement put together. If she could have sustained that, she would be performing so much better right now.