Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet?? - Page 35 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #511
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
In the end of 2009 she was not fit, she was chubby a bit. Ever since then she's been losing weight. Should've stopped in the end of 2010 IMO or at least in the first part of 2011.
Pics from the end of 2009?

She looked great in the first half of 2008 of course, she was radiant, full of confidence, her shots were powerful and deep (her forehand ).

So for me, her fitness early 2008 and in the end of 2010 were the best. Not sure about 2009 though , I don't seem to recall?
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #512
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post

She looked great in the first half of 2008 of course, she was radiant, full of confidence, her shots were powerful and deep (her forehand ).

So for me, her fitness early 2008 and in the end of 2010 were the best. Not sure about 2009 though , I don't seem to recall?
This is the beginning of 2010 (January).
You can even see the cellulite in this one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6cab/43...n/photostream/

I can't post the pic here, but here is another similar one.

And here is one from RG 2010

JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #513
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=752

I'm posting a link to a post because this is becoming like GM Ana's pics thread.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #514
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed she looked a tad chubby Those legs She still looked fine, it's still better in terms of fitness than now, but yeah I can see some chubbiness on those pictures. Losing a few pounds can't hurt, but it seems she didn't stop after which is not a good thing

She tends to gain weight during the off season, right? We will see what happens between Fed Cup and the AO !
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #515
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indeed she looked a tad chubby Those legs She still looked fine, it's still better in terms of fitness than now, but yeah I can see some chubbiness on those pictures. Losing a few pounds can't hurt, but it seems she didn't stop after which is not a good thing

She tends to gain weight during the off season, right? We will see what happens between Fed Cup and the AO !
I would say that's right, but in 2011 she showed up so skinny compared to the end of 2010. Remember?

Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #516
debby

She needs to tell me her secret I need to lose 5kg (10 pounds) She looks so skinny But it was not worrying back then, she looked quite toned.

THAT FIRST PIC ! Back when they all three were relevant.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #517
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyingGravity View Post
I would say that's right, but in 2011 she showed up so skinny compared to the end of 2010. Remember?

You call that skinny? Really?

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #518

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
For her body type, yes I do.

She is naturally a bigger girl, as evidenced by 2005-2007.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #519
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the poster said skinny AS COMPARED TO another period in time....so yes that is skinny COMPARED....

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #520
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
the poster said skinny AS COMPARED TO another period in time....so yes that is skinny COMPARED....
OKAY

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #521
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
Yes, exept the matter of dispute in this thread is whether Ana is too skinny, not whether she is skinny compared to another period. That's the whole point.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #522

Quote:
She needs to tell me her secret I need to lose 5kg (10 pounds) She looks so skinny But it was not worrying back then, she looked quite toned.

THAT FIRST PIC ! Back when they all three were relevant.
Yes! Heinz left her in good care, and then she messed it all up.

If she had her first half 2011 fitness with her 2012 calmness (relative to the disaster years of 2009-2011), she could have probably really troubled Kvitova in Australia, or maybe even taken a set off of her, she could have pushed Sharapova in Rome more, probably could have at least made it competitive against Azarenka at Wimbledon, and beat Errani at RG and who knows after that.

It was just a progressive downhill slope with the muscles.

When she was able to go something like 10-8 in the third with Makarova.

Still okay at Roland Garros 2011

Notice the fit of the dress first, then comment on the body. This was the US Open 2011

And we're still toned at the Australian Open this year. This is a relatively new problem (I'd say from Roland Garros on. You could tell she didn't have the strength to hit through the slow clay of Suzanne Lenglen and Errani's brilliant counterpunching that day).
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #523
debby

Quote:
:/ This is lame, even for your standards, Spammo. What's your definition of skinny/chubby/fat then?
I totally agree with Defying Gravity. She looks skinny (but toned on these late 2010/2011 pictures)

@Defying Gravity : it's funny, back then I was noticing that loss of weight, and didn't know if I should worry or not. That thread started in august 2011. Nowadays, 2011 Ana looks super toned, etc compared to today. Quite scary when you think of it.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #524
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
Yes, exept the matter of dispute in this thread is whether Ana is too skinny, not whether she is skinny compared to another period. That's the whole point.
she is too skinny...and yes you have to compare it to other periods where she wasn't looking like the strongest wind would blow her over...she looks pale, can't go for a few weeks without some injury or another, can't sustain her physical form over a whole week for a tournament, weight of shot isn't nearly as potent on a consistent level...

she's not a model, she's an athlete...she wasn't naturally skinny and any weight she attempted to lose to gain speed hasn't worked cause she's no faster on court, yet she's still dropping weight

ETA: at some point your body stops breaking down fat and starts breaking down muscle...i guess we'll wait for her her to drop down on the court before encouraging her to pick up a sandwich

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #525
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyingGravity View Post
Yes! Heinz left her in good care, and then she messed it all up.

If she had her first half 2011 fitness with her 2012 calmness (relative to the disaster years of 2009-2011), she could have probably really troubled Kvitova in Australia, or maybe even taken a set off of her, she could have pushed Sharapova in Rome more, probably could have at least made it competitive against Azarenka at Wimbledon, and beat Errani at RG and who knows after that.

It was just a progressive downhill slope with the muscles.

When she was able to go something like 10-8 in the third with Makarova.

Still okay at Roland Garros 2011

Notice the fit of the dress first, then comment on the body. This was the US Open 2011

And we're still toned at the Australian Open this year. This is a relatively new problem (I'd say from Roland Garros on. You could tell she didn't have the strength to hit through the slow clay of Suzanne Lenglen and Errani's brilliant counterpunching that day).
great post