Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet?? - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #376
country flag Let.them.talk

Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all Let.them.talk is a name known to all
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigam View Post
She does look thin...
A fan pic @ LINZ
If someone don't think this is sick-thin, you have problems.

Let.them.talk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #377
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let.them.talk View Post
If someone don't think this is sick-thin, you have problems.

The pervert next to her doesn't think so

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #378
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

The fact she was bagelled but a journeywoman like Flipkens does worry me slightly.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #379
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
The pervert next to her doesn't think so
Then you have not the read the pathetic comments posted by adolescents and compliant fans in this thread.

Here are few typical comments

She looks better than ever
She is just perfect.
She has never looked this good.
She looks the same to me the last 2-3 years
She does not need to put on any weight, if anything, she could lose a couple more.
She has not reached Dani's look yet ( as if this was a standard measuring stick)

And the mother of all dumb comments
Shut up, you are just jealous

I also call them compliant, because they are satisfied with any Ana result, and the explanations she gives after each bad result.
Here are some sample.
My team and I re working really well together and things are making progress; I have stable coach now....

And there there is this. "It is not like I was blown off the court by Serena", following a straight set loss to Serena.
It is as if she thought should be congratulated for not being humiliated by Serena.

She sometimes forgets she was once #1 and GS winner, the Slam most difficult to pull off.

Some of Ana's fan reminds me of the fans of another glamor girl, the Anna K fans.
They had no use for her tennis results, as long as she looks good on court and gets talked about a lot for her stunning looks, they are satisfied.

Personally, I think Ana I. is a more serious player than Anna K; she deserve more than the shell she has become.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Oct 12th, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #380
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Now that I see that fan photo I'm worried. It won't be long before those bones are very prominent. She's beginning to look like an eating-disorder patient.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #381
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post

And the mother of all dumb comments
Shut up, you are just jealous
dead

I missed this precious comment. Is that in this thread?
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #382
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Her collarbone/upper ribs do look very pronounced for a pro athlete
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #383
country flag adam_ads_n
Team WTAworld

adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute

Well... I am concerned, because she looks like she lost 10 kg since US Open. Ok, maybe slim figure is good for tennis (not exactly hers, but tennis in general), but she looks like she was closer to anorexia than to body of a sportswoman...

I would not recognize her fast if someone did not write her name in TV broadcast.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #384
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Priceless posts so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkten View Post
I thought she looked good. Her arms and legs had muscle tone, they weren't just skin and bones. She probably shouldn't lose too much more weight but she looked very healthy to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rada View Post
She looks fit to me and moving great, you people jump at EVERYTHING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
I don't think she's too skinny now, she needed to lose weight I think. THat will help her game alot. Of course she can't lose much more from now on but it seems to work for her. She was never fat but she was less "fit" than most of the top10 girls. I think it's all ^positive, it's not really dramatic etheir lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna F'd Enrique View Post
Everyone at my house thought she looked amazing last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayo View Post
I think she's an example of good weight loss. She dropped the baby fat. She looks great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Joey* View Post
She looks fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty View Post
She's not any thinner than Sharapova--she used to look a little chubby--now she's fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMashaFan View Post
I think she looks fantastic, the best she has ever looked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roookie View Post
I think she looks great...let's not forget cameras add 10 pounds/kilos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodil. View Post
Ana looks amazing right now. When I saw her in the flesh a month ago I was blown away, she is slim but very toned

This board makes me sick.
Quote:
Leave her alone

She looks great. If this were 3000 years ago we would all look like this. Having to actually hunt our food and exercising constantly would make us totally ripped.

Unfortunately nowadays everyone is so fat that what is considered "normal" is actually overweight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalSharapova View Post
OP obviously likes fatties.

ana looking better than ever after shedding the pounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalSharapova View Post
Wow she looks hotter than ever, thats not good, she must put on weight and become fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmr View Post
You are making something out of nothing. To me, Ana looks fine, this is all based on your own personal speculation. Only Ana and those around her know her situation, and for you (or a commentator) to call her anorexic is not appropriate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
She looks like most of others supermodels
It's not hers fault that other WTA players is fat

Actually Ana's about 65 kilos weight is perfect for female tennis player, so she is not too skinny, but maybe just too tall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenis Srbija View Post
I like the slim version better then the chubby one

Quote:
Looks fantastic to me.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Oct 13th, 2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #385
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Her collarbone/upper ribs do look very pronounced for a pro athlete
A perfectly pronounced clavicle is superhot IMO

and Ana's looks perfect, what it's worrying is how thin her arms are. Even between top models Ana would be considered a thin one

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."

Last edited by Sammo : Oct 12th, 2012 at 11:43 PM.
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #386
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Priceless posts so far
To be fair, some of those posts were made over a year ago, when her weight loss wasn't as alarming. She's been consistently losing weight for a while now, it seems she's got a lot slimmer over the last month alone.

I know several girls like that, who used to be a bit chubby and once they start losing weight they simply don't know how to stop. They keep thinking they need to drop just a couple of kilos more before they're fully satisfied, and it spirals out of control and their health is ultimately ruined. I really hope Ana doesn't go that way.
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #387
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Priceless posts so far

In all fairness, when you opened this thread, posters from her subforum were already concerned, but casual fans couldn't see it as a big deal. Although she had already lost a big amount of weight, she didn't look unhealthy. The fact that she didn't stop there, but only continued losing weight is a proof that you weren't over-dramatic. Had she stopped losing weight in that moment, it wouldn't be concerning, but the way she looks now... Boy, you don't argue tastes, but how is her body hot now? Purely speaking about hotness. Tennis-wise, there's no really room for discussion. Her shots have never been weaker. She's fragile, pale, she gets tired easily. Horrible. Her poor performances could also mean that she's too tired. She didn't play much, but with that body you can't play on the high level until the end of the season. She should call it a season and find a help.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #388
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana View Post
To be fair, some of those posts were made over a year ago, when her weight loss wasn't as alarming. She's been consistently losing weight for a while now, it seems she's got a lot slimmer over the last month alone.
Lol, I didn't see your post before I responded. Reading my mind, Jo.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #389
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

You can compare it to Sharapova's body, which is pretty consistent I think

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #390
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana View Post
To be fair, some of those posts were made over a year ago, when her weight loss wasn't as alarming. She's been consistently losing weight for a while now, it seems she's got a lot slimmer over the last month alone..
Yes, many were in denial then and some have come around since.
But others, such as NadalSharapova, Krocodil and swissmr , even now, have doubled down in their belief that she looks great and there is absolutely nothing wrong.

Even, others are now saying, it is Maria Sharapova who is fat and she should follow Ana's lead.
As I said before, these people are really NOT interested in Ana as the tennis player. They appreaciate Ana the same way Anna K. teenage fans used to appreciate her. For her looks.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Oct 13th, 2012 at 04:58 AM.