Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet?? - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:22 AM   #271
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Ana anorexic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
She looks like most of others supermodels
It's not hers fault that other WTA players is fat

Actually Ana's about 65 kilos weight is perfect for female tennis player, so she is not too skinny, but maybe just too tall
that is a cute response.

what a mental gymnastic!

too tall?
she has been this height for how long now?

she grew too tall for weigth, yeah fight

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:27 AM   #272
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfanid View Post
I agree. She looked much different, in a worse way.

Are you serious?
unfortunately decipher is not alone with that view.

many of her have used the expression "she looks just perfect".
Some have said that poster who find her weight loss disturbing are... Get this jealous

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Sep 2nd, 2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:46 AM   #273
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

I used to think she was at an alright weight like a year or so ago. She seemed to be starting to put on some pounds again and muscles. BUT after seeing her this summer, she's really thin, and this is starting to be worrying. I don't really see what's the benefit for her tennis to be THAT thin, clearly she has to work really hard to stay that thin and I feel it's some energy she could spend differently and still being in great shape.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:11 AM   #274
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about being anoxeric but Ana does look much thinner now.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:20 AM   #275
country flag rockbottom

rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all rockbottom is a name known to all

What about when she 1st broke into the top 20 back in 03-04,..does anyone have pics of her back then I'm really curious. I think this was when Ana looked her best IMO when she was just top 100 and had that break out year when she leap frogged to top 20.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:20 AM   #276
country flag Nalby fan

Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold

Ana's OK. The results in GS are coming in. When she faces Serena,we'll know what her level is.
Nalby fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:23 AM   #277
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Are some of you serious? There is no way an anorexic women can be the seeded 12th and reach the round of 16 at the US Open. It's just not possible.

She has toned down a lot but I don't think she looks unhealthy at all
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:28 AM   #278
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilia View Post
Are some of you serious? There is no way an anorexic women can be the seeded 12th and reach the round of 16 at the US Open. It's just not possible.

She has toned down a lot but I don't think she looks unhealthy at all
I guess a lot of people just don't know what anorexia actually is
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:32 AM   #279
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

She's too skinny, imo. That is the reason she has not been performing at the level she used to along with other factors such her being a mental headcase.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:34 AM   #280
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
She is shockingly thin compared to her #1/RG champ days.
I think that You mixed-up Ana from RG2007 and RG2008 finals.

In 2008 final she is not that much a heavier than today - but compared with Ana from RG2008 final she is really much skinny today.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 04:01 AM   #281
messing

messing is a splendid one to behold messing is a splendid one to behold messing is a splendid one to behold messing is a splendid one to behold messing is a splendid one to behold messing is a splendid one to behold messing is a splendid one to behold messing is a splendid one to behold messing is a splendid one to behold messing is a splendid one to behold messing is a splendid one to behold

After all how she looks to us is secondary. It's up to how she feels, I believe. If she feels healthy and confident enough that the current conditions aren't impeding her performance through the course of the season, maybe it's not too far from her best shape for a tennis player and definitely we're not one to judge especially with zero inside information. If she gets feelings of lack of energy or muscle weakness and thinks the recovery process isn't working properly that would mean some changes are needed.
messing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 04:47 AM   #282
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealcaffrey View Post
no anorexic woman can actually win a tennis match let alone multiple of them r u guys insane
with all the training they do,if they don't supplement their bodies with calories to make up for the ones they've expended then they would die
nonsense
"It is estimated that up to 62 percent of females who participate in "appearance sports" such as gymnastics, figure skating, dancing, and diving are suffering from an active eating disorder like Anorexia, Bulimia or Compulsive Overeating."

"ELITE ATHLETES significantly higher rates of Eating Disorders compared to population controls (2) –20% elite female athletes met criteria for Eating Disorder vs. 9% female controls"

Do you honestly think it doesn't require strength to compete in gymnastics as it does tennis? The way I see it is, it's possible to compete at a high level in (certain) elite sports with an unhealthily low body-weight. It may not be sustainable long-term, but it is possible. Take Hantuchova for example. She was able to compete at a very low weight for half a year before she couldn't keep it up.

Cathy Rigby, Nadia Comaneci and Christy Henrich (RIP) competed while suffering from anorexia.

And by the way, you don't have to look like death warmed up to suffer from Anorexia Nervosa. 15%+ underweight looks different on everyone, and the disease has various stages and levels of severity.

We can't exactly judge Ana's condition, but she has lost a lot of weight in recent years and it seems unnecessary and a little worrying.

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 04:56 AM   #283
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

looks anorexic to me

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 04:57 AM   #284
country flag tennisbear7

tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute

Ana needs to return to her 2008 shape at least. Then her game was based around pummelling groundstrokes, not on junkballing and bullshitting like she is right now. It's not as if being thin is actually better for her game anyway, because she hasn't replaced her fat with mass.
tennisbear7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 05:00 AM   #285
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlboro View Post
"It is estimated that up to 62 percent of females who participate in "appearance sports" such as gymnastics, figure skating, dancing, and diving are suffering from an active eating disorder like Anorexia, Bulimia or Compulsive Overeating."

"ELITE ATHLETES significantly higher rates of Eating Disorders compared to population controls (2) –20% elite female athletes met criteria for Eating Disorder vs. 9% female controls"

Do you honestly think it doesn't require strength to compete in gymnastics as it does tennis? The way I see it is, it's possible to compete at a high level in (certain) elite sports with an unhealthily low body-weight. It may not be sustainable long-term, but it is possible. Take Hantuchova for example. She was able to compete at a very low weight for half a year before she couldn't keep it up.

Cathy Rigby, Nadia Comaneci and Christy Henrich (RIP) competed while suffering from anorexia.

And by the way, you don't have to look like death warmed up to suffer from Anorexia Nervosa. 15%+ underweight looks different on everyone, and the disease has various stages and levels of severity.

We can't exactly judge Ana's condition, but she has lost a lot of weight in recent years and it seems unnecessary and a little worrying.

to read some posters, as long as she shows up for work, she must be ok.

if people of opinion like these are friends or family of someone who develop this disease, clinical psychologists would call them enablers

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Sep 2nd, 2012 at 05:09 AM.