Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet?? - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:42 AM   #256
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Ana anorexic?

It is a sign of Desperation on her part, in my opinion. She has been getting progressively skinnier for atleast a year now.... so this is not a new development.

If I would have to guess, I would say that she views her biggest weakness as her movement and blindly believes that getting skinnier will make her faster.

It may have worked for Djokovic but it will not work for Ivanovic, that much Im pretty confident about.

If anyone takes enough time to notice, the best movers typically have very strong lower bodies with big legs, butt, and thighs. Kim, Serena, Capriati, Kerber, etc are good examples of this.

By getting so skinny she is robbing herself of endurance which can actually make her move worse in the latter parts of matches due to fatigue.
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:46 AM   #257
country flag TheHangover

TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future

this is anorexia, and not at the worst stage. words have a meaning and you should pay attention of what you say

Supporter of the lefties Safarova, Kerber and Benesova trying to replace the great Patty Schnyder

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha
TheHangover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:47 AM   #258
country flag nealcaffrey

nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all nealcaffrey is a name known to all

no anorexic woman can actually win a tennis match let alone multiple of them r u guys insane
with all the training they do,if they don't supplement their bodies with calories to make up for the ones they've expended then they would die
nonsense
nealcaffrey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:49 AM   #259
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Yeah no. Shes definitely thinner now but she looks completely fine.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:50 AM   #260
country flag Berlin_Calling

Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute Berlin_Calling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedenergy View Post
that is unhealthy skinny also compared to what she was even one year ago... she also has the posture of an anorexic person, kind of leaning forward...
i don't know about that. i know plenty of women with Ana's frame, and they are healthy. Not all of them, but most of them. Those are the ones we call 'genetically blessed.' No one that doesn't know Ana personally has any right to point fingers and label her anything.

mary pierce - forever #1
vaidisova - kournikova - golovin - henin
the boys - federer - gasquet - del potro - haase - nishikori
Berlin_Calling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:55 AM   #261
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
and what are the visible symptoms of an anorexic?

It is now well documented that friends and family members have missed these things.
At the exception a few who will whisper uneasiness, most will go out their way to see nothing wrong.

So untrained individuals do not often see this.
Are you a trained physician or psychologist?

a quick google search will tell you that anorexia is a mental disease. Sure, the visible symptom is loss in weight but just because someone has lost weight does not mean they have anorexia. There is much more to it than that. You can speculate if you want but to me it is pointless and a bit rude because you have no idea what is going on in Ana's head.

No i'm not either of those but it is common knowledge. At least i thought it was
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:55 AM   #262
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHangover View Post

this is anorexia, and not at the worst stage. words have a meaning and you should pay attention of what you say
But she's just naturally skinny
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:01 AM   #263
country flag atennisfanid

atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all

I don't know if she's anorexic, but when I tuned in to watch her match I was shocked, and I really thought there was another tennis player with the same name of Ivanovic.

She used to look so beautiful, but tonight (on TV at least) she looked so old and tired and looked very different than she did before.
atennisfanid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:01 AM   #264
country flag Furzel

Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light

When she talks and gives interviews she sounds like a 5 year old spasmatic. Very thin.
Furzel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:02 AM   #265
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

She looks like most of others supermodels
It's not hers fault that other WTA players is fat

Actually Ana's about 65 kilos weight is perfect for female tennis player, so she is not too skinny, but maybe just too tall

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:03 AM   #266
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

Too skinny. You can see it in her bone structure on her face.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:04 AM   #267
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all

She's not anorexic, if she was, she couldn't perform at the level she does. She is very thin and I'd prefer she gain weight but its her life, she can live it the way she wants.. if it gets to a dangerous level, I would hope a loved one would step in but yeah.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:04 AM   #268
country flag atennisfanid

atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all atennisfanid is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingisGOAT View Post
She looks ridiculous, and sometimes at certain angles it looks like her soul has been sucked dry out of her face.
I agree. She looked much different, in a worse way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalCipher View Post
but I think she looked better
Are you serious?
atennisfanid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:06 AM   #269
country flag Furzel

Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light Furzel is a glorious beacon of light

crack...
Furzel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:13 AM   #270
country flag momo_rama

momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

I do agree I think she is a little too thin for her natural body shape. Her hips and trunk area are still there but the rest of her proportions have changed.

I guess too as you get older you lose more of your 'puppy fat' and when you train harder at an older age it can make you look a little worse for wear. But despite her improved results of late she's still not as dynamic in her power as she once was. I feel they've sacrificed her natural power for movement, and her power game was what made her a star.
momo_rama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote