Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet?? - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #196
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
But it is not 3000 years ago.

I don't disagree that she looks great, but that is not the goal of tennis player.
A tennis player goal is to get in athletic shape that maximizes her abilities.

If this was runway modeling, yes, Ana has achieved that goal. But this is tennis.

Maria Sharpova now looks like an athlete.
also she was at her peak in 2006-2008 when she looked ~chubby. (TBH I never thought she was chubby or fat or anything, just cheeks of a baby )
So maybe this weight loss has nothing to do with tennis performance, I mean she should be aware of her physical condition back then... maybe it's just herself who wants to feel better in her body or I don't even know
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #197
country flag martinn88

martinn88 is just really nice martinn88 is just really nice martinn88 is just really nice martinn88 is just really nice martinn88 is just really nice martinn88 is just really nice martinn88 is just really nice martinn88 is just really nice martinn88 is just really nice martinn88 is just really nice martinn88 is just really nice

Don't know why some people say that she needed to lose weight to improve her game. Her best tennis was when was fatter.
martinn88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #198
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
also she was at her peak in 2006-2008 when she looked ~chubby. (TBH I never thought she was chubby or fat or anything, just cheeks of a baby )
So maybe this weight loss has nothing to do with tennis performance, I mean she should be aware of her physical condition back then... maybe it's just herself who wants to feel better in her body or I don't even know
I thought she looks great in 2008 when won the FO.

She was already getting lot of attention off the court with that looks.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Aug 11th, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #199
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't buy this argument that the weight loss is the reason for her poor performance. More like mental fragility and limited game.

And maybe distractions offcourt?

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #200
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinn88 View Post
Don't know why some people say that she needed to lose weight to improve her game. Her best tennis was when was fatter.
NO, I don't think she was fat.
She had the body weight of an athlete, and all she had to do is to tone that body, add strength.

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #201
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Heinz Günthardt got her back into shape after she was overweight for a while, and her results improved dramatically. She was in perfect athletic shape then, but it seems she has lost even more weight with Sears, which obviously is a bit concerning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty View Post
when I've gone gluten free, I get super tired and get a B-vitamin deficiency (a little crack on the corner of the mouth) and

I think she looked better in 2010--she is not naturally as thin ad Dani and Maria--she seems to be naturally a "bigger" girl.

If I recall, all this was Sears' idea.
This.

Somehow whenever Sears comes on the scene his tennis proteges become very skinny

Not that its a bad thing.

Dani was never truly underweight. She couldn't have played a professional match otherwise.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #202
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she's suffering from some kind of light anorexia by now. She's thinner than ever. This week her legs are not those of an athlete any more.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #203
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
This.

Somehow whenever Sears comes on the scene his tennis proteges become very skinny

Not that its a bad thing.
Make up your mind, you just posted above that she looks great; now you are admitting she lost weight.

Quote:
Dani was never truly underweight. She couldn't have played a professional match otherwise.
Now you can't really be serious!

What truly underweight means to you?

Did you see Dani's skeletal picture then?

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #204
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

As someone said in this thread, for 2-3 years she was accused of being chubby, now she is too skinny, oh come on. She definitely lost weight but she looks good and healthy. If she wanted I bet she could put 3-4 kg in a month or two.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #205
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Make up your mind, you just posted above that she looks great; now you are admitting she lost weight.

Now you can't really be serious!

What truly underweight means to you?

Did you see Dani's skeletal picture then?
I admit she lost weight but I still thinks she looks great

I've seen her up close recently and she looks very toned in person.

Dani has one picture where she looks too skinny but the mere fact she was playing matches to 12-10 in the third shows she was not underweight. Someone that weak could not contend for that long.

She admits she overtrained but she never lost too much weight.

PopCon 2013.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #206
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
I admit she lost weight but I still thinks she looks great

I've seen her up close recently and she looks very toned in person.

Dani has one picture where she looks too skinny but the mere fact she was playing matches to 12-10 in the third shows she was not underweight. Someone that weak could not contend for that long.

She admits she overtrained but she never lost too much weight.
You are one of a few selected people who only saw one picture of an underweight Dani

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #207
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

She could do with a few extra kilos,that's for sure.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #208
country flag $uricate

Quote:
You are one of a few selected people who only saw one picture of an underweight Dani
Well there's that crappy action shot from Eastbourne 2003 but thats about it.

She looked fine at Wimbledon. The camera can make anyone look bad if you capture at just the right moment.

PopCon 2013.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #209
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

Wow she looks hotter than ever, thats not good, she must put on weight and become fat
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #210
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

She's losing to much weight. This is not a modeling competition it's tennis. Athlete's play tennis.

Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote