Quebec City QF: Goerges def. Hlavackova 6-7 7-5 6-2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 12th, 2014, 07:55 PM   #1
country flag Kafelnikov87

Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all
Quebec City QF: Goerges def. Hlavackova 6-7 7-5 6-2

Some people are calling this the best match of Quebec. If that's the standard we have, god help us.

Hlavackova was just woeful/abysmal/pathetic/shambolic/horrendous on break point conversions at key moments, most notably at 1-2* 40-15 in the third (she blew five break points alone here and Julia took her first game point).

She needs to stick with doubles. When Hradecka isn't dumping her, that is. Every season undermines her credibility as a singles player who has never cracked the top fifty.

If you can't beat Julia in this year, her worst of all time, when can you beat her, Andrea, especially with a 7-6 4-2 lead? This was the easiest chance she had to make a semi in her career probably, and she blew it with superhuman anti-aplomb.

She won just three of the last 14 games.

Andrea, bash yourself on the head with five tennis rackets. Can't do any more harm than you have to your own career. You're 28, pull your finger out of your arse. You have maybe two more seasons to even get close to winning a WTA final, even the most mediocre one.
Kafelnikov87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2014, 07:56 PM   #2
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Quebec City QF: [5]Julia Görges def. Andrea Hlavackova 6-7 7-5 6-2

Well that happened. 2 hours 45 minutes. Good thing they have a night to sleep before playing doubles together.

Terrible job by the umpire, too.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 07:56 PM   #3
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute
Quebec City QF: (5) Goerges def. Hlavackova 6-7 (6-8) 7-5 6-2

Well, someone in the WWW thread picked Julia to come out of nowhere and win this and she is 2 wins away.

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 07:56 PM   #4
country flag Jonah Leon

Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of Jonah Leon has much to be proud of
Quebec City QF: Julia Goerges def. Andrea Hlavackova 6-7,7-5,6-2!!!

Incredible fight from Julia!! It was just so amazing to see her fight hard and not lose to some scrub. Especially since she was down 2-4 in the 2nd.
This is also only her second SF of the year...She is finally on her way back!
Jonah Leon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 07:57 PM   #5
country flag Kafelnikov87

Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all Kafelnikov87 is a name known to all
Re: Quebec City QF: Goerges def. Hlavackova 6-7 7-5 6-2

Who has the Pocahontas gif?
Kafelnikov87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #6
country flag AlonsoFx

AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future AlonsoFx has a brilliant future

I didn't wath the entire match but watching the last few games I wonder: what happened to Görges, such a fluid serve motion, nice strokes and she's........... top 90?

Glad she took this chance and grab points to get a better rank

Oh and Hlavackova is such a hottie
AlonsoFx is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #7
country flag Spirited Away

Spirited Away has a brilliant future Spirited Away has a brilliant future Spirited Away has a brilliant future Spirited Away has a brilliant future Spirited Away has a brilliant future Spirited Away has a brilliant future Spirited Away has a brilliant future Spirited Away has a brilliant future Spirited Away has a brilliant future Spirited Away has a brilliant future Spirited Away has a brilliant future

I saw Hlavackova is back playing with Yonex RQiS-2 Tour... quite a good stick, even if it's old now (and probably out of production)
Spirited Away is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #8
country flag josejaviergud

josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future josejaviergud has a brilliant future

Andrea won an olympic medal, isn't she??

Great job Jule, i can't remember when was the last time that she won 3 matches in a row

https://twitter.com/josejaviergud

Beaner & Wetback

Last edited by josejaviergud : Sep 12th, 2014 at 08:16 PM.
josejaviergud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 08:01 PM   #9
country flag TheJoh

TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of TheJoh has much to be proud of

Semi final for Julia
And I want dream final: Venus vs Julia
[62]Singles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', 50k Burnie 14', 50k Limoges 13'
[65]Doubles (Titles) 100k Contrexeville 14', WTA 's-Hertogenbosch 14', 50k Osprey 14', WTA Auckland 14', 25k Westende-Middelkerke 13', 25k Koksijde 13'(all with Cheda 16.17)
TheJoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 08:02 PM   #10
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonsoFx View Post
I didn't wath the entire match but watching the last few games I wonder: what happened to Görges, such a fluid serve motion, nice strokes and she's........... top 90?
Usually plays well for about a set and a half and and not well for the other half of the match. That 2nd half usually contains the big points.

You could get an idea how she usually loses matches by watching the first set, was up *3-1 AD-40 only to break herself with 2 unforced errors and a double fault, had set point at 5-4 and made an unforced error, double faulted at 6-6 in the tiebreak...these kind of things.

As someone on TF once aptly put it: She snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 08:03 PM   #11
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

good fight from Julia!
should have won the first set already but played shit when it mattered, didn´t expect her to come back once she was 2-4 down in 2nd set but she did it, saved tons of BPs at *65 in 2nd set and *21 in 3rd set, well done!

Julia vs. Lucic now please, Brainless ballbasher battle
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 08:05 PM   #12
country flag wildemu

wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute

julia also still makes way too many silly errors. Most opponents capitalize on that but it gets equalized if the other player is a basher like lucic and hlavackova
wildemu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #13
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #14
country flag itzhak

itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute itzhak has a reputation beyond repute

itzhak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #15
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejaviergud View Post
Great job Jule, i can't remeber when was the last time that she won 3 matches in a row
Australian Open 2013
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote