Nastiya's USO series - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 8th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #91
country flag borrowedheaven

borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future
Re: Nastiya's USO: QF vs Serena

Nastya lost 5-7, 1-6. Not a bad showing (other than he serve). She really showed glimpses of brilliance.

I feel Nastya is just a very rough diamond that needs to be polished. But it could be so beautiful (and it already is)
borrowedheaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 8th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #92
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

She did fine today, nothing to be ashamed of. Her serve and Serena's serve made the difference.

this can push her to work more and be better if she thinking right. More work on serve, better returning, sort out her strategy/gameplan. And of course everybody's favorite topic, fitness.
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #93
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't watch today

Nastia Still a great tournament for her

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:14 AM   #94
country flag Coconut91

Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future
Re: Nastiya's USO series

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrowedheaven View Post
She really showed glimpses of brilliance.

I feel Nastya is just a very rough diamond that needs to be polished. But it could be so beautiful (and it already is)
That's the best part: she canbe brilliant. It's not like she's limited by her talent and can only aspire to be a good consistent player, as Wozniacki... She has more potential than that, imo. Whether she fulfills it or not it's another story, but no doubt she's already a joy to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
this can push her to work more and be better if she thinking right. More work on serve, better returning, sort out her strategy/gameplan. And of course everybody's favorite topic, fitness.
Yeah it's positive she goes through big matches against great players, so that she realizes where her own level stands and what sets her apart from a multiple GS champion like Serena.
Hopefully she will learn from this and gain confidence on her game, as she was able to keep up with Serena on the rallies and hit some beautiful winners.

She knows she has a lot of work to do, though. Hopefully the sky sports information is true and gets a little fitter But I think serve is the main thing holding her back at the moment :/
Coconut91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #95
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

^ yeah, serve is not what it should be. Her first serve is okay-ish, but if she cant keep up ~70%, she'll be struggling with 2nd serves or DF. Good to see they are working on it (see Baku ), but maybe middle of season is not the best place to do it. Off season is more than 2 months, I hope they'll have time to figure it out, and they can come up with something useful.

And good to hear the fitness thing, but 2 week her and there wont make big difference. Needs year long plans and reasonable diet.
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #96
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

I think Nastia can be really proud of herself after the USO she had

I heard she was gonna try to improve her fitness,I can´t wait to see the results
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote