Nastiya's USO series - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 25th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #46
country flag borrowedheaven

borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future
Re: Nastiya's US Open series 2011 season - New Haven

I hate rain delays I was so happy that I could finally see her play again, and now it keeps raining ...

Edit: back to raining again. Commentators on Eurosport had some hard words for Nastya, but I kind of understand them. Pam(?) said that Pavs hasn't really sorted her game out. That she wants to be a counterpuncher at one point, and an aggressive baseliner at another point. And it really seems that way. In this match she really isn't doing much, which is odd considering how good her groundstrokes are.

And she needs to improve her fitness, imagine how good she could be with a more trained body.

Last edited by borrowedheaven : Aug 25th, 2011 at 09:09 PM.
borrowedheaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #47
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

^^ (Sam Smith was i think)
yeah, she only played fine in 2nd set, put more pressure on Na, made her run, stuff like that and worked. 1st and 3rd set it was plain loopy pushing mostly, which wont work with her footwork and mobility.

hopefully her ankle is fine, she playing already enough bad, an injury is last what she needs.

Of course should work on fitness, though many people forget she isnt a small girl actually. But her body type doesnt make any advantage for her. Sharapova has same broad shoulders, only she is 4" taller. Of course there is "few" pounds she could lose, but wouldnt make THAT big difference people actually believe. (But this just my opinion.)
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 02:24 AM   #48
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

A bit unlucky Anastasia

Her serve let her down in the 3rd AS ALWAYS( ) but she fought well .This is also her best week this summer in the States,so not too bad

I dont think is serious,but I hope she hasnt aggravated her injured ankle by playing the full match

And well,good luck @ the Open,may the ankle be fine and may she´ll do just fine
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 05:56 AM   #49
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Well she played 3 matches here so that's a nice preperation. Now she have a few more days for her ankle to heal.

Hopefully she will be ready for the USO.

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #50
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nastiya's getting ready for the USO

Good she could a close match against Li, Sad she lost but at least finally a good tournament again for her
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 01:07 AM   #51
country flag #kArLoS#

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

altough the good news is that she´s up 62 20*,she´s made already 7DFs(and counting...)
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 01:31 AM   #52
country flag Coconut91

Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future

I really think Nastia's movement is underrated due to her "chubiness". Of course it's not good enough to build her game around it and she has to work on it, but I still think it's more urgent for her to improve serve and start taking full advantage of her grounstrokes.
Pam is right when she says Nastia hasn't sorted her game out yet... It's all messed up and somewhat wasted, which is frustrating cause it has soo much potential.

I like to think it's a matter of time until she makes it all click though. She's like the youngest player on top 40 and has been for a while now, which means her game is that good despite its inconsistency.
Coconut91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 01:35 AM   #53
country flag #kArLoS#

wins r1 62 62

GOAT when returning(Tathisvili held once,at *1-5 ),but needs to keep working on her serve:44% FS ,5 aces,"only" 9DFs

Martic or Zahlavova-Strycova next,will be tough either way
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 11:47 AM   #54
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Good start
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 12:01 PM   #55
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

she needs to improve her serve asap or clear out her head. Almost all her service games went to deuce or at least 30. No easy holds.(these matchstats are useless though, it says Tatishvili broke 4 times, but it was only 3 + once she held her own serve. )

Martic next, should win, but better not say anything.
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 01:41 PM   #56
country flag borrowedheaven

borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future

At least a good scoreline. That should give her some confidence.

I really hope she wins against Martic, 'cos I'd really like a match against JJ.
borrowedheaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 05:09 PM   #57
tejmeglekvár
CFO

doubles today, court 15
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova(RUS)/Vera Zvonareva(RUS) vs Mirjana Lucic(CRO)/ Tamira Paszek(AUT)
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 05:41 PM   #58
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Nice start

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 05:33 PM   #59
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

She won her first round in doubles too
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 05:41 PM   #60
tejmeglekvár
CFO

yep, 61 62.
Nastya's 2nd match moved to the televised court-17 because of Cetkovska-Ivanovic is a walkover. Starts soon.