Petra’s US Open Series Thread (2012 discussion starts on page 29) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #1
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute
Petra’s US Open Series Thread (2012 discussion starts on page 29)

Pretty good draw for Petra!

(3) Zvonareva - BYE
Gadjosova v. Petrova
Q v. Hradecka
Vesnina v. (13) Radwanska

(11) Petkovic v. (WC) Bouchard
Zakopalova v. Q
Medina Garrigues v. Errani
(7) Kvitova - BYE

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!

Last edited by cosmoose : Aug 7th, 2012 at 04:00 AM.
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #2
country flag BikezAreForever!

BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold
Re: Rogers Cup, Toronto

Yes. Very good draw considering what was on offer!! Also PK's got a good record against Petko so hoping for QF.
zvonqu.jpg
BikezAreForever! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 12:19 AM   #3
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

what a nice 'QF-ready' draw

btw, Sabine will not play Toronto?
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 12:24 AM   #4
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyeszjj View Post
what a nice 'QF-ready' draw

btw, Sabine will not play Toronto?
No. Her ranking was not high enough for main draw before the deadline and she probably can't make it to quali matches because she is still alive at SD.

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 12:40 AM   #5
country flag theFutureisNow

theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold

Garrigues and Errani are ranked 23rd and 27th in the race, so they aren't exactly second round byes. Would have been nice for Petra to get one warmup match.
Still, there are no top players in her quarter- just most of the next tier.

Has anyone heard anything about what type of training Kvitova is doing? Or anything else?
Seems like she has vanished off the face of the earth.
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 03:29 AM   #6
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
No. Her ranking was not high enough for main draw before the deadline and she probably can't make it to quali matches because she is still alive at SD.
As you already know by now,she's no longer alive in that draw but at least she made a decent showing.......and,thanks for starting our first Petra tourney thread of the new subforum

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 03:39 AM   #7
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFutureisNow View Post
Garrigues and Errani are ranked 23rd and 27th in the race, so they aren't exactly second round byes. Would have been nice for Petra to get one warmup match.
Still, there are no top players in her quarter- just most of the next tier.

Has anyone heard anything about what type of training Kvitova is doing? Or anything else?
Seems like she has vanished off the face of the earth.
I guess in the long run, all things being considered, Petra's rest over match play in a long season (for her) was best. Plus, she had to heal her injury, as well.

Petra was playing on the hard court at Prostojov against Safarova and Berdych for her warm up so far, after coming back from the Tatra Mountains. That tidbit of info was via the Tenisportal.cz article, that discussed her Toronto preparation (in a press conference), and when she was leaving for the tournament.

Not sure about her preparation in Toronto whence there, but I'm sure it's standard/the usual. Hopefully her first match will be Weds, to better acclimate herself to the conditions, time zone and courts. We'll see? We know she has a first round bye, so it will be at the earliest Tuesday. Good Luck Petra!

Last edited by Excelscior : Aug 6th, 2011 at 03:48 AM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 05:16 AM   #8
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Am seeing this as a potentially nice statement-maker for Petra: If she DOESN'T do so well,then lots of folks will write it off to rust;however,if she goes far in her first big tourney,post-Slam glory,then she'll rightfully be perceived as a gal who doesn't rest on her laurels

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #9
country flag cosmoose

Petra is getting no respect. It's all about Serena, Sharpie, and Clijsters at the moment.

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 05:45 AM   #10
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Petra is getting no respect. It's all about Serena, Sharpie, and Clijsters at the moment.
i couldn't believe people are still talking about Masha's chance at Toronto, what a joke
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 09:05 AM   #11
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Like that draw for Petra

So great to see her back in the draw after Wimbledon

It will be interesting to see how she does after her 1st GS win. But Petra is a composed girl. Obviously she celebrated, but I do think she's focused and ready to compete again. So excited to see what the US summer hc season will bring for her.

GL Petra

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #12
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

There was 5 percent chance to play Serena in Petra´s first match after a long pause. It would not be pretty. Every other draw is positive. Petkovic is still playing in Carlsbad (def Glatch , Razzano, Stephens). Zvonareva defeated Lisicki in ugly style.

Errani in Carlsbad def mirza and King lost to Peng. In palermo (clay) def Kulikova, Parmanteri lost to Cetkovská

Medina Garriguez won tournament in Palermo (clay) def Hercoq, Cetkovská, Begu, Arrubarenna-vecino, Anna Floris

Budapest (clay) Medina Garriguez v Errani 46 75 30 retired

Last edited by paulmara : Aug 6th, 2011 at 11:44 AM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #13
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be so negative Paulmara. Lol. We have no idea what form, neither Serena or Petra will be in at Toronto?

Irregardless of what happened in Stanford, against a petrified Masha, a worshiping Sabine, and against Marion "I lost my Serve Completely" Bartoli, Serena still needs work. And she is probably prone to the requisite unexpected horrible match or regression when we least expect it? She still needs more matches under her belt. But I get/see your point, on facing Serena in the first round (you and every other seeded player). Whew! Exhale. Lol.

Many folks had the same attitude in Wimbledon (thinking neither Venus or Serena could be beat after each successive victory), then they both promptly lost, by people who believed!

Let's see what happens here!?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #14
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

I thought we had agreed that we wouldn't be opening separate threads for each tournament?

Too late to go back now, so whatever.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Prokofiev + Son Goku = pwnage
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #15
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

The draw is bad, but not as bad as it could be considering how insanely stacked the field is, and all the "looming" unseeded part time elite players.

Still, hitting through AMG or Errani on that slow ass Toronto court after 5 weaks off - nightmare.

Petra is stuck between a rock and a hard place - on the one hand she needs to get some match play before the USO, on the other hand she needs to avoid overplaying. Kotyza mentioned that Petra has already played more matches so far than in the whole of last year. And she needs to have something in the tank for the YEC and Fed Cup at the very end of the season. So I think there's a risk Petra will go into the USO with 2-3 matches played, but that may be a risk she'll have to take.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Prokofiev + Son Goku = pwnage
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote