Anna Kournikova cheering team.. - Page 47 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 15th, 2006, 07:01 PM   #691
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Anna and Andy at the charity event

HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 16th, 2006, 03:30 PM   #692
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Anna Kournikova at "Runway For Life" Charity event

Old Sep 16th, 2006, 03:54 PM   #693
country flag goldenlox

Anna at Fashion week

Old Sep 29th, 2006, 04:39 PM   #694
country flag goldenlox

I've seen this on tv. George Bush, the older one, plays in it

Kournikova Joins Connors, Courier In Field For Evert Pro-Celebrity Classic

Photo By Fred Mullane By Tennis Week
09/28/2006

Anna Kournikova will make her debut at the annual Chris Evert Pro-Celebrity Tennis Classic, November 3-5, at the Delray Beach Tennis Center in Delray Beach, Fla. Kournikova will join tennis legend Jimmy Connors and Hall of Famers Jim Courier and Bud Collins for two days of entertaining tennis action. Additional participants are expected to be announced over the coming weeks.

Evert's annual charity weekend has raised more than $14.2 million over 17 years to fight drug abuse and assist neglected and abused children in Florida, including a record-tying $1.2 million in 2005.

"It looks like the tennis stars have aligned for us this year," Evert said. "I have always wanted Anna to participate in our event and finally the timing worked out this year. To have her, along with the rest of our field, helping us raise funds for such a worthwhile cause is truly something special."

Kournikova paired with Martina Hingis to win the 1999 and 2002 Australian Open doubles championships and the duo combined to win two WTA Championships doubles crown (1999, 2000). Once ranked as high as No. 8 in the world in singles, Kournikova posted wins over several top players, including Steffi Graf, Monica Seles, Hingis and Lindsay Davenport. In 1997 she became the second woman in the Open era to reach the semifinals of Wimbledon in her debut on the famed grass courts. The first person to accomplish that feat was Chris Evert in 1972.

Old Oct 14th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #695
country flag goldenlox

Enrique has a new album out--The pop singer, who usually sells out arenas, will instead embark on an exclusive five-date tour next month that will take him to much more intimate ballrooms and theatres in the U.S.

Fans who sign up for the mailing list on the singer's official website, EnriqueIglesias.com, will recieve ticket pre-sale information for his "For the Fans" tour this Wednesday.

Iglesias plans to give tour-goers an exclusive preview of some of the new songs off his upcoming studio album, currently scheduled for a spring, 2007 release.

The as-yet-untitled album will be Iglesias' first since his 2003 hit, "7."

And Anna is in Elle magazine- ELLE BEAUTY BODY HEALTH

GOOD SPORT: THE DO-LESS WORKOUT

Everyone Skips A Gym Session Once In A While. ANNA KOURNIKOVA Investigates Whether Cutting Back Will Shortchange Her Fitness Progress

Motley Crue once sang, "You better use it before you lose it." While they were referring to the fleeting nature of life, this phrase also applies to exercise. People lament that it's difficult to get into shape, but wildly easy for all their hard work to slip down the drain when they take a few weeks off from their regularly programmed fitness regimen. I've seen this firsthand. While I've continued to work out since I've stopped training at a professional level, my body has changed in the last three years. My weight is basically the same, but I'm smaller and my muscles have become less bulky. (A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat, but take up less space. If you increase muscle mass while shedding fat, the number on the scale won't move, but you'll look slimmer.)

The physical alterations I've noticed made me curious about how much effort one needs to expend to maintain cardiovascular activity and muscle. For example, say you've been preparing for a 10K run or a 50-mile charity bike race. You've trained for months, the event has come and gone, and now what? Can you keep your new body without the time commitment required for hard-core conditioning? For answers, I called Mark Kasper, a professor in the kinesiology and physical education department at Valdosta State University at Valdosta, Georgia.

http://coefaculty.valdosta.edu/kpe/F...page/markj.htm

"Once you complete a big event, allow your body adequate time to repair itself," Kasper says. "After a half-marathon,give yourself two-weeks of lower intensity exercise, such as swimming."

Postrecovery, it's time to get back in the gym. After just three weeks without cardio, you can kiss almost all of your hard-earned aerobic capacity goodbye. Thankfully, retention isn't an all-or-nothing proposition. "If you maintain or increase your intensity, you can reduce the volume of your activity," Kasper says. "If you're running 20 miles a week at eight minuites a mile during training, switch to ten miles a week at a seven-and-a-half-minuite pace." According to Kasper, the same holds true for muscle size. Lifting more weight less frequently preserves muscle tone. "If you stick to this program for two months between races," he says, "your time will be basically the same."

Additional reporting by Hillary Kerr

----------------------------

EQUIPMENT CHECK

I'm always curious about new fitness products, even though I think many are gimmicks. This month, ELLE sent me Harbinger Weighted Fitness Balls with Straps ($20 to $30, http://www.everythingfitness.com/ ). They come in 6-, 8-, and 10-pound versions. I did my lunges with the six-poind ones and was pleasantly surprised. They're a lot easier to grip than dumbbells and much more versatile -- you can also use them as a medicine ball for core work. It's like getting both pieces of equipment rolled into one brightly-colored package. I'm definitely going to keep them in my routine; they'll also be easy to travel with -- since I'll be checking my luggage anyway.

http://www.harbingerfitness.com/html.../FITBALLS.html

- Anna K.

---------------------------

MINIMUM EFFORT

Even if you haven't just come off training for a marathon, you may be looking for a loophole that lets you slip through the holidays with the least amount of exercise. To avoid backtracking, Valdosta State's University's Mark Kasper suggests the following:

CARDIO: Now matter how many days or miles a week you run (or walk or bike), you can cut your program in half and sustain your current aerobic ability. The catch is that you have to push yourself by increasing the intensity of those exercise bouts. Aim to work at no more than 85 percent of your maximum heart rate, but no less than 65 percent.

RESISTANCE TRAINING: Once again, the 50 percent rule applies. You can engage in your regular weight routine half as often, as long as you use slightly heavier equipment.

- Anna K.

Old Oct 20th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #696
country flag goldenlox

This year, two longtime Evert favorites whom she has spent years pursuing have finally found enough time in their busy schedules to make appearances – Anna Kournikova and Kenny Loggins. Loggins will perform at the 17th Annual Gala Dinner & Auction on Saturday, Nov. 4, at the Boca Raton Resort & Club.

“She’s (Evert) a big fan of his, and he’s a big fan of hers,” Starr said.

Evert was finally able to attract Kournikova when the two made an appearance at Jim Courier’s charity classic in Tampa earlier this year.

“Someone like Anna realizes someone like Chris made the field for her,” Starr said. “Billie Jean King always said that when Chris came on the scene, she made women’s tennis bigger by bringing in more fans.”

Other celebrities who are scheduled to attend include Jon Lovitz, Alan Thicke, Governor Jeb Bush, Greg Norman, and former NHL star Valeri Bure and his wife Candace Cameron.

The list of names continually changes because, as Starr said, “Actors and actresses aren’t sure yet because they’re trying to get time off from their bosses.”

New York Yankees manager Joe Torre confirmed earlier this week that he would attend, and Lindsey Davenport was the latest professional tennis player to throw her name into the ring.

The Classic itself consists of athletes and celebrities pairing off together for one-set matches from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. during the two-day event.

Starr said organizers are trying to arrange a Sunday featured match that would be more competitive than the others, featuring Evert, Connors, Courier and pairing Kournikova with former President George Bush.

Old Oct 25th, 2006, 05:19 PM   #697
country flag goldenlox

Re: Anna Kournikova cheering team..

Tennis magazine article -

ANNA IN WONDERLAND
With Her Life In Neutral, Anna Kournikova Ponders Her Next Move

You remember how you felt right after graduation, staring into the abyss as you tried to map out the rest of your life? Anna Kournikova undertands that feeling well.

"I'm looking and trying to see what's out there," says the model-esque Kournikova, who suffered through foot, ankle, and back injuries during a nine-year career that ended in 2003. She famously failed to win a singles title in more than 100 WTA events played. "I feel like I'm coming out of college, definitely having moments where I say, 'What am I going to do?' It is a little bit scary."

Her blink-of-an-eye-cameo in the movie Me, Myself, & Irene (2000) has not spurred any acting aspirations, and she's not the camera hound she used to be. Now she writes a column on sports and fitness for ELLE Magazine, does charity work for the Boys And Girls Club Of America, and plays exhibitions. She has also played World Team Tennis for the past four summers, most recently for the Sacramento Capitals.

"For 17 years I was dedicated to my sport and I never tried anything else," says Kournikova, who was the world's No. 1 junior in 1995. "I'll always have that competitiveness. I miss that, and the adrenaline rush. It's very difficult to replace that feeling. But I used to play in pain all the time."

Earlier this year, Kournikova was reunited in Miami with her old pal and doubles partner, Martina Hingis, with whom she giggled her way to Australian Open doubles titles in 1999 and 2002. "We talked, just about friends and stuff, before she went off to play," says Kournikova, who lives in Miami with her longtime boyfriend, singer Enrique Iglesias. "I think it's wonderful that she's back, just incredible."

As for Kournikova, she says she's happy, and she looks it too. "I may say that I feel like I'm coming out of college," she says with a laugh, "but actually it kind of feels like I'm in kindergarten, just starting out with everything ahead of me."
-- Cindy Shmerler

Old Oct 26th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #698
country flag cindy

cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute

thx I love the last quote!

sasha cohen sheva sergei fedorov andrei pavel

kimi raikkonen F1 world champion 2007

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray to be a strong person.” Nadia Comaneci
cindy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 04:19 PM   #699
country flag goldenlox

Ankle bling

http://www.justjared.com/2006/10/26/...ova-swarovski/

Old Nov 2nd, 2006, 08:28 PM   #700
country flag goldenlox

Anna in Istanbul, then she's off to Boca

Old Nov 6th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #701
country flag goldenlox

Kournikova has (and hits) Bush's back

By Laura Ammerman
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Monday, November 06, 2006
DELRAY BEACH — The crowd at the Delray Beach Tennis Center responded with a collective gasp, then roaring laughter after tennis pro Anna Kournikova pegged former President George H.W. Bush in the back with a tennis ball Sunday afternoon.
The 25-year-old Kournikova accidentally hit 82-year-old Bush during a serve as the two competed in a doubles match at the 2006 Chris Evert/Raymond James Pro-Celebrity Tennis Tournament.

Photos: Pro-celebrity action from Sunday

Bush was not injured, but the embarrassed Kournikova covered her mouth with her hands and tried to coax Evert to take her place on the court after the incident.
Evert, Bush's original partner, declined, and Kournikova and Bush went on to beat tennis pro Lindsay Davenport and actor Jon Lovitz, six games to two.
The incident prompted a joke about the state of relations between the United States and Russia, where Kournikova was born.
"Definitely, I was nervous," she explained later. "It's not very often that I'm playing with President Bush. I'm so sorry."
Bush, a seven-year tournament participant, didn't seem offended.
Humor abounded during Sunday's four matches, which drew nearly 4,100 people to watch current and former tennis players, including Kournikova, Evert, Davenport, Taylor Dent, Vince Spadea and Jim Courier, compete against celebrities such as Bush, Lovitz, actor Scott Foley and musician Gavin Rossdale.
Four of the pros played against one another in the last match.
Lovitz and Courier took turns serving as guest umpires, chiding the players, who wore microphones so the crowd could hear their playful commentary. Bush did not wear a microphone.
When Bush hit a swift shot past Davenport, Courier played it up. "The president's toying with Lindsay Davenport," he commented, evoking laughter from the crowd.
After the match, Chris Evert Charities accepted a check for $1.4 million. Evert, of Boca Raton, said it was the most the event has ever raised. In its 17 years, the tournament has raised a total of $15.6 million to support various charities that help abused children and fight drug abuse.
Alison and Cord Ozment, Lake Worth residents moving to California today, took in the event as a last South Florida hurrah.
Cord bought the tickets for his wife's birthday, which was Friday. The couple said they'd gotten autographs from almost all of the famous participants.
"It's just been fun to watch how the pros play against each other and then against the celebrities," said Alison, a longtime Evert fan. They "give them a little break."

Old Nov 6th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #702
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Anna drilled President Bush with a shot! I hope Anna had fun at the event.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 03:22 AM   #703
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

LOL @ pic.
She seemed to be having fun

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #704
country flag goldenlox

Anna is playing in Texas on Nov. 18.
Here's some more about her hitting George Bush -

But most people on-hand knew Evert was always the best dirty joke teller on tour, and her penchant for the playfully provocative came in the form of a charity auction for a night out with a bevy of bathing beauties at the Sports Illustrated swimsuit party. Par for the course, at a recent tennis charity function, Evert made a point of bidding to win a "Dinner With Anna Kournikova" so that her three sons — ages 15, 12, and 10 — could revel in having dinner with the sultry tennis player, which is a pretty exciting evening for guys not old enough to drink.
But it was Kournikova who surely was hoping for a stiff drink on the final day of play at the Evert Pro Celebrity Classic. After Evert pulled former President Bush up to a 3-1 lead over Lindsay Davenport and Jon Lovitz, she announced that a special surprise substitution would be made. Evert would "rest" as Anna Kournikova came in to play with the former Commander-in-Chief. Well, that was an exciting twist of dynamics for an already marquee match up. But in only her second point on court, Kournikova beaned the 41st President of the United States right in the backside with her first serve. The crowd, and Chrissie on the sideline, burst into laughter as Mr. Bush assured everyone he was not hurt. Ms. Kournikova was so embarrassed, she outstretched her racquet to Evert as an invitation to please serve out the rest of the game for her, but like a good coach, Evert nodded enthusiastically to keep playing…as Bush placed his racquet behind his back to avoid further beatings from Kournikova’s stinging racquet. She was able to finish out the game without further incident.
In a particularly enjoyable exchange, Davenport and Kournikova entered into an extended forehand volley drill, until Lindsay tapped the ball toward elder Bush, who — in arguably the first unplanned moment of the point — lobbed a perfect response over the net-hugging team for a clean winner. Whatever you may think of his politics, Mr. Bush’s smile is contagious and conveys a man who enjoys the days of his life immensely. The crowd was non-partisan in appreciating the feisty 82-year old.

ESPN2 will air abbreviated taped coverage of the event on January 24, 2007.

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennis...5&bannerregion=

Old Nov 18th, 2006, 01:28 PM   #705
country flag goldenlox

Anna has a new journal entry -

Getting AnimatedHi Everyone!

This week I am off to Atlanta, Georgia to work with the Cartoon Network and The Boys and Girls Clubs of America. We will be shooting an exercise DVD for their Get Animated program that is directed at getting kids to be more active. As many of you know it has been my passion to work with kids and the BGCA so needless to say I am so excited to get to Atlanta and start shooting!

From Atlanta I am off to Dallas, Texas for the Baylor Medical Center at Frisco Pro-Celebrity Classic. It is going to take place Saturday, November 18th at the Dr. Pepper Star Center. All the proceeds from the event benefit the Maureen Connolly Brinker Tennis Center in Dallas so if you are in the area come out at support us and this amazing cause. You can get tickets by going to www.tickets.com - I hope to see some of you there!