Anna Kournikova cheering team.. - Page 41 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 5th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #601
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Anna raising money for charity

http://www.gocaps.net/Events/anna_charity_event2.pdf
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2005, 03:14 PM   #602
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Anna is in Sacramento. I read she's going to be on Entertainment Tonight this evening.

Kournikova shines on Newport
Beauty queen is enjoying World Team Tennis spotlight with Sacramento Capitals.
By Natalie Venegas, Daily Pilot

NEWPORT BEACH -- Tennis beauty Anna Kournikova arrived in Newport Beach on Thursday at Palisades Tennis Club for her debut as a member of the Sacramento Capitols.

Among those waiting to catch a glimpse was Laguna Niguel resident Mike Wolivar.

"I came for my daughter," he said. "It's good to show her what hard work can bring. And she's also somebody a dad and a daughter can see."

At a press conference held before her match against the Newport Beach Breakers, Kournikova, a two-time Grand Slam champion in doubles along with Martina Hingis, shared her excitement in the transition from touring professionally to being a part of World Team Tennis.

"I absolutely love it," she said. "It's great for the fans because they get to see singles, men's, women's, and doubles. In three hours they get to see everything."

Kathy Abele, a Breaker volunteer in charge of directing the fired-up crowds, explained how the visits from professional athletes appeals to the fans.

"There's a big change," she said. "We get a lot more press, and it's great."

Another volunteer, Ann Bown, said the advantage of having big names competing is that fans come to see their favorite player, but end up watching the talent surrounding them, and get hooked.

"Anything to get more people out here is good," she said. "We get way bigger crowds, and it's good for the sport in general."

Despite no longer touring professionally, Kournikova manages to keep her plate full while still attracting attention from the media.

Some of Kournikova's current projects include a fitness column featured in Elle Magazine, competing in the WTT, volunteering for the Boys and Girls Club, and charity exhibition matches, while still working out everyday.

Along with the attention she receives from the tennis courts and entertainment world, comes what stars in the limelight must inevitably face. Criticism.

"I've learned to not really pay attention to people," she said. "They're going to think whatever they want to think anyway. The most important thing is that I know what I have accomplished and achieved for myself."

Some of her achievements include defeating No. 1 ranked Steffi Graf, Monica Seles, Lindsey Davenport, Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario and her doubles partner, Hingis.

In 2000, she was ranked eighth in singles and reached a final, eight semifinals and seven quarterfinals in 26 World Tennis Association tournaments.

Although Kournikova keeps herself occupied, there are times when she thirsts for the competitiveness in touring.

"I definitely miss the adrenaline and the competitive side," she said. "It's kind of nice not traveling three months in a row, but of course I miss it."

Kournikova joined the Capitols after competing for two years with the Kansas City Explorers.

Old Jul 9th, 2005, 03:17 PM   #603
country flag goldenlox

Anna was on Entertainment Tonight on Friday. You can see a video of it at -

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/celebrities/e...49/index.html/

Anna Kournikova's Special Delivery

July 8, 2005
How cool would it be if you ordered an item from Amazon.com and a huge star came right to your door to personally deliver it? That's just what's happening in honor of the mega-online shopping site's 10th anniversary, and ET is with tennis superstar ANNA KOURNIKOVA as she delivers a special package to an average, everyday customer!

"I had no idea, none, [that she was coming]," says Dr. ANDREA FEINBERG, who received a package containing Adidas shoes and an Adidas gym bag. "Today was exceptional. I saw Anna walk through the door and I thought, 'I know this girl, she's amazing!' She's a wonderful tennis player and I was so excited to see her. She seemed so sweet and so nice."

"It was really exciting," says Anna. "I'm really happy to be part of Amazon.com's 10th anniversary celebration, and to be able to deliver an Adidas package to Dr. Feinberg was great. She's obviously a great customer."

Anna says she got involved with Amazon's anniversary celebration to raise awareness for the Boys and Girls Club (www.bgca.org). "I love working with the Boys and Girls Club," she says, "because it really [helps to promote] my message to the kids and to young adults and teenagers to stay healthy, and get involved with sports, and for me to interact with the kids."

Old Jul 9th, 2005, 03:45 PM   #604
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute
Anna played WTT doubles on Thursday against the Newport Beach Breakers, and she and Lena L. lost 2-5 to Rodionova and Bondarenko.

Oh, it looks like I've stumbled into a lifestyle thread. Sorry
Epigone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 11:28 AM   #605
country flag jack daniels

jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of
so what is the deal, is she ever going to return or continue to string her fans along?
jack daniels is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 02:18 PM   #606
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka
so what is the deal, is she ever going to return or continue to string her fans along?
I saw this on Anna's message board -

Kournikova likes the WTT's focus on doubles, but she hasn't completely ruled out a return to the WTA Tour.
"Until I've decided for sure that I'll stop completely, I won't announce anything,'' Kournikova said during a recent conference call.

Old Jul 12th, 2005, 02:39 PM   #607
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute selyoink has a reputation beyond repute
I think at this point it is pretty safe to assume that she won't be making a comeback on the WTA tour.
Riding the 3AM Rollercoaster
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 02:45 PM   #608
country flag goldenlox

I think if Anna really wanted to come back, she would either be playing 25k's (like Iroda and Dokic), or playing WTA doubles.
But Anna is leaving the door open, just in case she changes her mind.
She's 24. Pierce, Raymond, and others, have been successful at 30.

Old Jul 14th, 2005, 02:01 AM   #609
country flag alias

alias has a brilliant future alias has a brilliant future alias has a brilliant future alias has a brilliant future alias has a brilliant future alias has a brilliant future alias has a brilliant future alias has a brilliant future alias has a brilliant future alias has a brilliant future alias has a brilliant future
What a cute teddy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg akournikova.jpg (37.3 KB, 33 views)
alias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 02:45 PM   #610
country flag goldenlox

http://www.bristolpress.com/site/new...d=464194&rfi=6

Hartford out-Foxes Kournikovaís crew
By PAUL ANGILLY, The Bristol Press
07/14/2005

AVON -- Although back problems continue to keep her off the WTA Tour schedule, Anna Kournikova still drew a packed house into the Apple Arena at Blue Fox Run Golf Course Wednesday night for a World Team Tennis match. And while the home Hartford FoxForce emerged with a 24-18 victory over Kournikovaís Sacramento Capitals, many of those in attendance reserved their loudest cheers for the famed tennis calendar girl.

"Itís just an opportunity to be on the court again in front of the fans," Kournikova said of playing in the WTT league for the third straight year.

[img]http://oascentral.**********/RealMedia/ads/adstream_nx.ads/www.poweronemedia.com/sbc300X250.html/@Topx[/img] "Once youíve been a professional athlete, thereís no other feeling like being on the court," she said.

While she says that returning to the WTA Tour still remains among her goals, she added, "I really donít know whatís going to happen."

Playing in the WTT league is a great opportunity, she said, because it doesnít require the type of total commitment and extensive training that playing on the WTA Tour does.

"My back doesnít bother me when I play a week in a row," she said, although it does bother her when she tries to work out for six hours a day, like she would need to do on tour, she added.

"Iím taking my time, and whenever that I feel that Iím ready" she might consider a return to the tour, she said.

"If I come back, I want to be 100 percent," she added.

Hartford was already ahead 14-11 in the match when Kournikova took the court for the first time to play mixed doubles. She and partner Mark Knowles held her serve twice, but Hartfordís Don Johnson and Milagros Sequera won the set 5-3.

The match was delayed by rain in the middle of the third set (menís doubles), then it was delayed again during the mixed doubles set. Only a fraction of the crowd remained through the second delay to see the end of the fourth set and the fifth set.

Kournikova and Nicole Vaidisova -- a 16-year-old German rising fast through the WTA rankings -- took a 4-2 lead over Hartfordís Sequera and Lisa McShea in the final set, but the FoxForce team rebounded to win the final three games to take the set and the match, avoiding the possibility of overtime.

Before taking the court, Kournikova said she enjoys participating in team events such as Fed Cup or World Team Tennis.

"Itís great. I love team events. The crowd gets into it," she said. "Iím very fortunate to have such a great team."

After dropping the second and third games, Hartfordís Wesley Whitehouse came back strong in the opening menís singles set against Sacramentoís Sam Warburg, taking the next four games to put the FoxForce ahead 5-2 early.

Sequera then played an outstanding match against Vaidisova in womenís singles, winning the final point after the set was tied 4-4 in games and 4-4 in the set-deciding tiebreaker.

Sacramentoís Warburg and Knowles won the Capitalsí only set of the night, defeating Johnson and Whitehouse 5-4 in menís doubles.

Hartford is now 5-1 this season, just one loss behind the first-place New York Sportimes (6-1) in the Eastern Conference standings. Sacramento falls to 4-3, in the midst of a close Western Conference race.

Old Jul 17th, 2005, 07:55 AM   #611
country flag jack daniels

jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of jack daniels has much to be proud of
keep posting the anna pics
jack daniels is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 12:54 PM   #612
country flag AK-DH Fan

AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack daniels
keep posting the anna pics
There's plenty of recent ones in the Animaniacs forum: http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=136319
Anna Chakvetadze
Tatiana Golovin
Maria Kirilenko
Ai Sugiyama

Other faves are-Hingis, Pierce, Myskina & Dementieva

|Ain't no party like a ...COCKTAIL PARTY!|D' Express_020|

Last edited by AK-DH Fan : Jul 17th, 2005 at 01:00 PM.
AK-DH Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 06:44 PM   #613
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute
She drew a packed house, don't think Conchita Martinez would've done the same. And then by reading something in GM Anna gets US-Open WC, of course it's made up.
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 07:57 PM   #614
country flag goldenlox

Anna will be presenting an award on Fox Tuesday night.

celebrities scheduled to appear at THE 2005 TEEN CHOICE AWARDS include Oscar-winning actress Halle Berry, Grammy Award-winning singer and songwriter Mariah Carey, actress Sandra Bullock ("Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous"), actor/producer Ashton Kutcher (THAT '70s SHOW), actor Adam Brody (THE O.C.), actress Rachel McAdams ("Wedding Crashers"), tennis star Anna Kournikova...

Old Aug 26th, 2005, 06:56 PM   #615
country flag goldenlox

Anna is playing in Queens tomorrow

Exhibition Matches By Tennis Stars:

Anna Kournikova, Serena Williams & Andy Roddick