don't accuse Germans again (refering to LA) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 07:58 PM   #1
country flag saphir1

saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all saphir1 is a name known to all
don't accuse Germans again (refering to LA)

HI!

I'm just looking Henin vs Dementieva live on TV and I have to say I'm really shocked about the audience. I've never seen such a small one. Last year, I was in Munich during all matches and the crowd was much better.

Have a great day,
Timo
saphir1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:01 PM   #2
country flag raquel

raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute
i think it is about 11am in l.a though, i am sure the evening sessions are sold out?
raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:07 PM   #3
country flag kiwifan

kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute
I'm at work (in Los Angeles) watching the match on TV at lunchtime.

Most American Tennis fans are at work right now.

Looks like they are going to show most of this stuff live here in the states. Thats a major coup for the WTA.

Dementiava's legs don't appear to be a muscular as they used to be (not bulging, just solid). Makes her look a little awkward; jeez the camera is going right up her skirt on her return of serve.
My mind is a little in the gutter this afternoon.

Too bad ED isn't playing Schnyder right now.

I was there when the ALL BLACKS won the World Cup in 2011!!!

"I don't know that I changed all that much. They just found somebody worse." - Aging tennis bad boy Jimmy Connors, referring to John McEnroe, in 1984.

There can never be too many "Sister Slams!"
kiwifan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:16 PM   #4
country flag 2284

2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice
Are you sure it's not just like the Aus. Open centre court where half of it is corporate seating (the lower section that always gets on TV), so it's sold out, but looks half-empty?

Note: If you want to see the real tennis fans @ the Aus. Open, you have to look close to the roof
2284 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:33 PM   #5
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
It's not half empty, it's 98% empty.
Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:35 PM   #6
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
Okay my take on this

If teh WTA tour fully knows that the stadium will be empty in day session, why not scrap day session altogether and fit three matches on the night, push the first round start on Monday. I know that location is a problem as they can't book Staple centre for so long, but surely finding space in some 8,000 seater stadium and push everything to night session is better than having 3 people in the crowd.

Master Cup can manage big crowd becuase they push everything to night, why not WTA tour, pathetic mangement any one of us can do better
-Some player has been playing for more than 10 years

visit this thread for more detail
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=397111
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:39 PM   #7
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
This match is boring as hell. Something is missing..from this match at the moment.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:39 PM   #8
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
I thought that 10 years ago all matches where indeed in the night?
or I missed something since I only concentrated on steffi!
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:40 PM   #9
Double Fault
Team WTAworld

Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all
lol, the cheesy sounding commentator just said the Staples Centre is like a morgue. No atmosphere at all! I doubt the cheesy one has ever been to a morgue actually. I don't care about the crowd etc. I love watching Justine play.
Double Fault is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:41 PM   #10
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
Yes it is crap, they never learn from their mistake, who the hell will take a day off to see women tennis, let's be real here, people who watch are usaully business people and sponsors and they are not to camp out in the stadium to watch justine and Elena.
It is beyond my belief that they don't even consider having all night session,
-Some player has been playing for more than 10 years

visit this thread for more detail
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=397111
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:41 PM   #11
country flag raquel

raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn Marie
This match is boring as hell. Something is missing..from this match at the moment.
i totally agree, this match is awful
raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:42 PM   #12
Serendy Willick

Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of
I hope there is a bigger crowd in the night match. No offense but Henin, Dementieva, Clijsters and Rubin arent exactly household names in the US. If the crowd isnt jumpin for Monica/Davenport then there is a problem.
Serendy Willick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:42 PM   #13
Double Fault
Team WTAworld

Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all Double Fault is a name known to all
I'm quite enjoying it. But, then I'm easily pleased.
Double Fault is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:43 PM   #14
country flag kiwifan

kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute
All JH has to do is keep it in play; ED is bringing nothing to the table. ED just missed long an easy winner. Too bad.

I was there when the ALL BLACKS won the World Cup in 2011!!!

"I don't know that I changed all that much. They just found somebody worse." - Aging tennis bad boy Jimmy Connors, referring to John McEnroe, in 1984.

There can never be too many "Sister Slams!"
kiwifan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:43 PM   #15
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Justine IS exciting to watch, but it's weird I don't actually see her playing an opponent right now. (it's like I'm watching her hit a wall or something).
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote