Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread - Page 328 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:52 AM   #4906
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread

Marion's first strike deadly right now. Julia must absorb it better, keep Marion back until she has a chance to counter. And she needs first serves.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:53 AM   #4907
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Very weak start

If she doesn't wake up, this match will be over in one hour.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:54 AM   #4908
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Bleah.
Skoo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:55 AM   #4909
country flag AVB

AVB has disabled reputation

Julia to suffer a golden set

She won a point
AVB is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:55 AM   #4910
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Still no point for Goerges
mk27 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:56 AM   #4911
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

First point won. Golden set avoided.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:58 AM   #4912
country flag HowardH

Julia needs to step back, set up further behind the baseline, give herself time to set up. On serve she must get back behind the baseline immediately after her second serve. If she can just absorb the first few shots and get them back deep she might have a chance to get a counter. On that second point of Marion's serve just passed, she mishit a return but it was high and deep and pushed Marion back, and then she had a chance to attack. That's what she needs- push Marion back, absorb the first few shots, then attack.

And good first serves!
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:58 AM   #4913
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future

damn, she needs to make a game...

Auf gehts meine deutschen scrubs

PAW Titles : Dubai '14, Charleston '14, Bastad '14

FITD Titles : Istanbul '14
Madoka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:01 AM   #4914
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Finally on the board! Bartoli's antics..
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:01 AM   #4915
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Much better in this game. First serve is a precondition to have a chance in this match.
But she still can`t handle Marion hard and flat balls.
joy division is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM   #4916
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
Finally on the board! Bartoli's antics..
IKR, this is such a torture
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:03 AM   #4917
country flag HowardH

That's the exact play I'm talking about. Absorb the serve, push Marion back, then you have time, hit the counter attack.

However I still think Julia needs to set up further back to return. Marion is going big even on the second serve.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:05 AM   #4918
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
That's the exact play I'm talking about. Absorb the serve, push Marion back, then you have time, hit the counter attack.

However I still think Julia needs to set up further back to return. Marion is going big even on the second serve.
Maybe she'll serve 14 DFs, too
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:05 AM   #4919
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Break!
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:07 AM   #4920
country flag HowardH

Smart. Chipped the return back, then once she was set up she attacked, even from far behind the baseline.

Nice break.

Commentators thought that Julia's fh winner on the second (or third?) point "came out of nowhere". No it didn't. She absorbed the serve, and then she finally had her feet set up well behind the ball. It doesn't matter for Julia that she's 3 metres behind the baseline then, with her heavy shots she can attack from there, so long as her feet are planted far enough behind the bounce and she has time.
Closed Thread