Age that players born 1987 onwards broke Top 100 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 15th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #16
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Age that players born 1987 onwards (and reached Top 50) broke Top 100

After winning her maiden WTA title in Hobart, Mona Barthel has made the list! She broke Top 100 at 21y1m.

Old Jun 27th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #17
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

Sloane Stephens will achieve it when Wimby ends. Where will she be?

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 03:58 AM   #18
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon. View Post
Robson in previous week
Read the thread title
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 04:05 AM   #19
BlueTrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza1987 View Post
Sloane Stephens will achieve it when Wimby ends. Where will she be?
I think she'll be #49 but I'll add it when I know for sure.
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 09:04 AM   #20
BlueTrees

Haha, it's ok. The AGE is when they broke the Top 100 but I only listed the ones who went on to make the Top 50 in their career. So I add a player when they make Top 50, so Stephens will be added after Wimbledon. Yeah, I admit I probably made it a bit confusing. Maybe I should just include all those who made Top 100.
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 05:02 PM   #21
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

^^That would be interesting. Seeing the ages of players when they broke the top 50 is more of an accurate judge of whether they can become top players, in my opinion. I think a seperate thread might be too complicated but perhaps there can be some way in which you can show their ages when they broke top 50 as well.

Some players might break top 100 before others but then may hang around between 51-100 for years, whilst others might break top 100 later in age initially, but then make a rapid rise into the top 50 within a year or so. But the first list would have the former ahead of the latter. If that makes sense.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:09 AM   #22
BlueTrees

Hmmm the only problem with the age that they broke the Top 50 is that data isn't easy to access. You can easily find the date a player broke the Top 100 on their WTA profile. I think the age that the players break the Top 100 is a pretty good benchmark anyway.

I've decided that I'm going to include all players that made the Top 100, but this might take a little while.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:53 AM   #23
BlueTrees

To my knowledge these are all the players that need to be added to the list. i.e. players born 1987 onwards that have broken Top 100 but not Top 50.

1987: Soler-Espinosa, Malek, Kudryavtseva, Savchuk, Zec Peskiric
1988: Kutuzova
1989: Panova, Tsurenko, Duque Marino, Zhang, Rodina, Dolonc, Olaru, Kulikova
1990: U.Radwanska, Rus, Hampton, Falconi, Cadantu, Tatishvili, Voegele, Pivovarova
1991: Bertens, Giorgi, Chang, Vandeweghe
1992: Watson
1993: Babos, Stephens, Larcher de Brito
1994: Robson

Am I missing anyone?

Stephens will be Top 50 after Wimbledon anyway, and Giorgi will be Top 100.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:53 AM   #24
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Age that players born 1987 onwards broke Top 100

Savinykh (*1991) was ranked Top 100, but only for one week, if I can remember correctly.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2012, 12:44 AM   #25
BlueTrees

You're quite right! I honestly had no idea she was ever Top 100.
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 06:29 AM   #26
BlueTrees

I updated the first post. All players who broke the Top 100 born 1987 and after have been added, including those who never reached Top 50.

I also included the number of "days" in addition to years and months, regarding the age they broke the Top 100.

I updated the career high rankings as well, as some of them were out of date. Especially Kerber's and Errani's.

And I used some new effects to distinguish between those whose career high ranking is 1-10, 11-20, 21-50 and 51-100.

Take a look at it.

If you guys have any other suggestions or anything you think I can add or improvements I can make, let me know!

It seems that Gabine Muguruza Blanco (1993) and Karolina Pliskova (1992) will be the next two to make the list...

Last edited by BlueTrees : Jul 6th, 2012 at 06:48 AM.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 06:25 PM   #27
country flag fede33

fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of

great job
Aga thought I was going to be above

Forever: Hingis|Davenport|Henin|Dementieva|Safina
fede33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM   #28
BlueTrees

Thanks!

Garbine Muguruza made the list today. She broke the Top 100 at #95 after reaching the final of $100,000+H Bucharest. She broke the Top 100 at 18y9m15d.
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 01:40 AM   #29
BlueTrees

Julia Cohen has made the list today. She broke Top 100 today at #97 after reaching the final of Baku. She did it at 23y4m7d, making it the oldest age so far that a player born 1987 or later has broken Top 100!

Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor (1992) and Karolina Pliskova (1992) are very close to making the list!
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #30
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Julia Cohen has made the list today. She broke Top 100 today at #97 after reaching the final of Baku. She did it at 23y4m7d, making it the oldest age so far that a player born 1987 or later has broken Top 100!
Soler-Espinosa at 23y10m, order between them in the OP seems to be mixed up
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote