Aisan Qulalifying reviews - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 12:37 PM   #1
country flag V.Melb

V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Aisan Qulalifying reviews

This is long --- but I hope you guys like it J -

Widjaja vs. Belobradjic

Well, Widjaja’s performance was less then spectacular in this match. Jenny.B hits quite hard off the ground although she is not tall or big…. Her slice backhand was more consistent then Widjaja’s doublehanded…. Angie frequently hit balls out in this match…. She seems to try and belt everything rather then construct points. Her serve was o.k …. As I expected she hit several powerful winners…. But was unable to really make her power tell. Jenny.B liked to hit swinging smash volleys and that made me realize that she was quite confident and comfortable out there today. Despite going for big groundies I only saw Angie approach the net once in the match!
Jenny wore a bright lime green and highlighter pink outfit. Often Jenny.B could reuturn the ball with euqal pace today and didn’t let Angie dictate points at all…she did everything right fast consistent and took advantage of Angies errors. Angie also looked a little frustrated with herself. JennyB’s family were there cheering her on as well …. Angie I am sure Is a better player …. But Jenny played very well today so Angie shouldn’t be to angry … infact Jenny pretty much would have played near her best …. Angie not so good at all….but Jenny seems like quite a talent though Her young relatives had banners saying GO JENNY – she smiled looking embarrassed but she is a quality opponent for shure .

Eun-Ha Kim vs. Galina Fokina

This match was a good surprise for me as I expected Galina to dominate with her strong groundies. Galina appeared quite short …. But looks quite muscular – she wore a one piece white dress. Eun-Ha is quite stunning …. Tall and very atheletic and fit. Pretty as well- wearing a two-peice outfit. She knows how to take on more powerful opponents and exploits their inconststency. Galina was more powerful…But Eun-Ha was very smart ….. slicing the backhand and hitting a semi-moonball topspin shot …. She would only take the risk and attack on her forehand when it was absolutely necessary. She moved Galina around simply keeping the ball deep… frequently Galina would go on the attack and power away into the corners…. But Eun-Ha was a great retriever…. She moves from side to side of the court very well…. She got back so many balls … then counter attacks with her forehand. It was clear that Eun-Ha has no visible weapons …. But she mixes up her play and seems very composed on court. Galina hit hard and low …. But never really that deep …. So Eun-Ha approached the net a few times …. She hits brilliant volleys. Eun-Ha triumphed in the end when Galina hit a ball long.

Miho Saeki vs. Gisela Dulko

Miho is a very good baseliner and faced another good baseliner today….. Miho has a very pale face, she wore a pink top and white skirt I think… she doesn’t show too much emotion on court. There wasn’t as much to say about this mactch …. Gisella perhaps hit a bit harder but didn’t move as well as Miho. Quite a few people watched this match. Miho is quite fast and like Eun-Ha she attacked the net several times … she has great touch …. There was a Japanese photographer taking photos of her as she played. Miho was little more consistent then Gisela who did more attacking but Miho did everything pretty good today … just enough to win - Dulko missed a few too many shots today though .... but she still fought quite hard .... Miho did very well to beat a talented youngster

Su-Wei Hseih vs. Joana Cortez

Despite the scoreline this was a pretty close match. Su-Wei is quite thin but not so short. Her little brother and sister were there and father….. the kids were very cute! The father sat in the front row and the kids played cards a few rows back. The dad drank a chocolate bigM (flavoured Milk) …. The dad looked rather untouched by his daughters performance … He was quiet and only very rarely clapped for her….. he must be used to her winning by now. The match started with few unforced errors … all baseline rallies. Joana Cortez was a much bigger girl … although she was very fit. Su-Wei was more powerful … her groundies really are stinging…. All corners all deep all flat and low….Cortez had trouble attacking Su-Wei who often had her on the backfoot…. Cortez placed the ball quite well and tried to move Su-Wei around…. But Su-Wei moves incredibly fast she really gets everything back. Joana seemed a little frustrated as she was frequently defending Su-Wei’s powerfull grounies. Su-Wei has very good tequnique …. She takes a very big swing at the ball – that is why she generated such great power. Her serve is not strong at all though …. Joana hit a few winners off it infact. But Su-Wei overall was much too talented…. Her groundies much too strong. She seemed much more powerful then Angie … let alone more consistent. She really pounds the ball for such a small girl
I would not ber surprised if she qualifies
Congrats Su-Wei.

Rika Fujwara vs. Adriana Szili

Adriana was more impressive when I first got there …. Very hard hitting…. But the tide turned all of a sudden Rika came from 1-4 or 2-4 and levelled it at 4 all ….. she hits very hard and deep ….. best of all … she charges the net at every opportunity … Szcili played well….. but Rika kept too much pressure on her…. Not so much with consistency but with deep aggressive groundies…. Not the same Rika I heard of that moonballs many shots…. She was all attack . She always goes for her shots and goes for winners…. Many of them went in today …. She should cause her next opponent many problems if she doesn’t turn defensive ….. she looks young and has a bit of flare as well when she goes for her shots…. She really is exiting to watch – she gives a big grunt as she hits her shots – she seemed like a quality player

Akiko Morigami vs. Anastacia Rodionova

Akiko simply kept it together mentally. Anastacia became hot headed and frustrated. Akiko only really kept the ball in play after Anastacia cracked it at the chair umpire for giving her a code violation for swearing. Rodionova hit a ball long and muttered ‘fucking bitch’ under her breath. When she was told off she got very emotional and started crying…. “I was speaking Russian” “ what did you hear me say” she semi-screamed. I felt sorry for her….. she stood there for quite a while with a few tears in her eyes breathing heavily – she looked tired and distressed….. she then hastily lost the next few points and the match was over…. Akiko showed no emotion – she was maybe a little surprised at what happened ….. Akiko shaked the umpires hand …. And then Anasticia did and glared at the umpire for quite a while and didn’t stop eye contact with her---- just glared in anger….. then walked off.
Akiko still kept it together – good luck in the next round Akiko

Nana Miyagi lost so fast I didn’t even see her! LOL
Yoon-Jeong was also there watching Yong-Il Yoon. She was chatting to a few Korean girls.
V.Melb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 12:55 PM   #2
country flag Kaelin

Kaelin has much to be proud of Kaelin has much to be proud of Kaelin has much to be proud of Kaelin has much to be proud of Kaelin has much to be proud of Kaelin has much to be proud of Kaelin has much to be proud of Kaelin has much to be proud of Kaelin has much to be proud of Kaelin has much to be proud of Kaelin has much to be proud of
Fantastic report,Vixen!
It's great to hear about players we like but don't always know the game.
I have a big think about Miho,whom I expect to recover her level after the injuries.I had seen her in one of her last match before them in Roland Garros against Sanchez-Lorenzo.
Big news about Akiko,who is still improving(is it her first Slam qualif?)and Eun-Ha,a so smart player.
I had also seen Rika in US qualif and have the same feeling than you:she hits the ball deep,often down the line,takes some risks,and I never saw any moon balls,which are parts of the game anyway.Her problem was regularity.
And keep it up Su-Wei!
Old Jan 10th, 2002, 01:47 PM   #3
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Steveg has disabled reputation
Thanks for your report Vixen. Obviously the same thing happened to both players as in Pattaya. It is a repeat.

Did Su Wei's father coached her during the match? Did she hit some of her funny serves (no pace, lot of slice)?

If her father did not take notes during this match (first set), it must have been because he thought there was no real threat (this is what he did in Pattaya). He does not show emotions, but he really worries during each game. And when the game is tight, he is really supportive.

Enjoy the next matches. I wish I could see these matches too.
Steveg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2002, 02:18 PM   #4
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Vixen, thanks for the report. The longer the better.
Wish I was there too.

It's good to hear that Akiko stayed mentally strong, cos she's known to lose her temper at times too.
BTW, what was her hair colour this time?

It's no surprise that Eun-Ha and Miho went up to the net as they are all court players.
Miho's just recovering from a pretty bad leg injury, could you see any signs of this injury today? I read a nice interview in a Japanese tennis magazine featuring her and she said she was really looking forward to playing the Aus Open and that she's good friends with Ai Sugiyama. They even sang at the Karaoke for hours. lol

Hi Kaelin, this is Akiko's 2nd GS qualies. Her first was the 2000 US Open, but she's improved a lot since then.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2002, 06:31 PM   #5
country flag Martian KC

Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks so much for the report Vixen!!! I'm so glad our girls are doing well.
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2002, 07:06 PM   #6
country flag Yu-lun Wang

Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the report Vixen !!

May I transfer your report into Chinese and share with our local Su-wei fans ??

Elena Dementieva for winning Pan Pacific Open! First Tier 1 title!
Make it into the top 5 girl !!!!

Best wishes to Taiwanese & Chinese girls, especially :
Su-wei Hsieh, Yung-jan Chan, Chin-wei Chan, Wen-hsin Hsu, and Chia-jung Chuang !
Yu-lun Wang is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2002, 01:28 AM   #7
country flag V.Melb

V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute
No .... i didn't see him take any notes. a little shocked he didn't see Cortez as much of a threat because she played quite well...... but Su-Wei still had control of the match.
Akiko's hair colour was redish/brown to my recollection.

Yes you are welcome to show my report to Su-Wei fans Yu-Lun

oh, and yes! Su-Wei did use that wierd serve when she slices it in with no pace at all! .... it has plenty of spin on it though --- i wouldn't say its an effective serve! ....
V.Melb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2002, 02:23 AM   #8
country flag Martian KC

Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute
LOL! Joana pounced on those?
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2002, 06:49 AM   #9
country flag Yu-lun Wang

Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about Yu-lun Wang has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy

Su-wei lost to Serra-Zanetti 4:6 5:7
My world has been crashed.

Elena Dementieva for winning Pan Pacific Open! First Tier 1 title!
Make it into the top 5 girl !!!!

Best wishes to Taiwanese & Chinese girls, especially :
Su-wei Hsieh, Yung-jan Chan, Chin-wei Chan, Wen-hsin Hsu, and Chia-jung Chuang !
Yu-lun Wang is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2002, 01:44 PM   #10
country flag gorecki

gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute
Too bad Su-Wei...

Angelique managed three games in her first round match...

Will both of them be playing the junoirs event?
I'm going out, I'm going to drink myself to death
And in the crowd I see you with someone else
I brace myself 'cause I know it's going to hurt
But I like to think at least things can't get any worse
[center]
gorecki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote