Eleni Daniilidou 2015 Cheering Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2015, 01:46 AM   #1
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Eleni Daniilidou 2015 Cheering Thread

New thread for the new season

2014 was a bad year although she barely played because of injuries. Some good results in doubles though

In 2015, I’d like to see Eleni:
-Stay healthy
-Focus on doubles more and try to reach top 50 again
-Try to get back to top 200 in singles to play slam qualifying

She’s already back this week playing 10K Antalya on clay. It’s been a while. Last time she played a 10K was March 2001, so 14 years ago

She’s seeded third, playing her first match against (LL) Chatchaya Sakchatchawan THA
I’ve never even heard of this girl so hopefully it will be an easy win for Eleni in her first match back in over six months. Pame!
Pironkova. Stephens. Tatishvili. McHale. Flipkens.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
I'm obsessed with the Greek players. Deal with it.

ANNA GERASIMOU-EIRINI GEORGATOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2015, 04:20 AM   #2
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eleni Daniilidou 2015 Cheering Thread

6-4 6-4
I’m happy she started her comeback with a win
The girl she played doesn’t even have a ranking so the scoreline was too close in my opinion, but Eleni is just coming back and probably needs more matches to get her rhythm back

She got broken four times against a nobody and had 11 DFs, so she definitely is going to have to serve much better if she wants to win the next match against Ying Zhang CHN (#860)

Old Jan 23rd, 2015, 05:49 AM   #3
country flag hellas719

6-4 4-6 6-2
These score lines are not convincing at all, but hey she’s getting wins at least
QF vs. (8) Alice Savoretti ITA (#490)
Also she had 11 DF again

Old Jan 24th, 2015, 07:11 AM   #4
country flag hellas719

3-6 4-6
7 DFs, 4/13 on break points…
Good thing is she’s not playing next week so she can train harder hopefully and work on her serve. She is a tall girl so it’s really sad that she’s never been able to improve her serve after so many years

Also it’s good to see her back and she got some matches under her belt which is great, but clearly she needs more time…

Old Feb 4th, 2015, 06:42 AM   #5
country flag hellas719

25K Glasgow:
QR1: Nora Niedmers GER (#984) d. (3) Eleni Daniilidou GRE 6-1 6-4
Maybe she needs more time? She should probably go back to training for a few more weeks and then come back because these results aren’t very good

Let’s see what she can do in doubles…
R1: (1) Eleni Daniilidou GRE/Despina Papamichail GRE vs. BYE
QF: (1) Eleni Daniilidou GRE/Despina Papamichail GRE vs. Corinna Dentoni ITA/Claudia Giovine ITA
Hopefully they can do well here, it’s very cool to see an all-Greek duo as the top seeded team in a challenger

Old Feb 7th, 2015, 06:39 AM   #6
country flag hellas719

They had to give a walkover in the doubles because Despina got injured
Eleni will next play a 10K in Egypt which begins the week of 16 February

Old Feb 7th, 2015, 11:21 AM   #7
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

slowly coming back ... the most important thing is to stay healthy ... this girl is so injury-prone , which is such a shame..

oh, how I miss the Eleni that broke top 20 and beat number 1s players ... so long ago , I know

I have the same wishes than you have, hellas719 , stay healthy , top 50 in doubles, top 200 in singles , sounds good ..

best of luck , Eleni . Keep fighting !

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 04:36 AM   #8
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jool* View Post
slowly coming back ... the most important thing is to stay healthy ... this girl is so injury-prone , which is such a shame..

oh, how I miss the Eleni that broke top 20 and beat number 1s players ... so long ago , I know

I have the same wishes than you have, hellas719 , stay healthy , top 50 in doubles, top 200 in singles , sounds good ..

best of luck , Eleni . Keep fighting !
She could've reached top 10 if not for her injuries early on (she peaked at 14th)
And she got injured in Athens 2004, I'm sure she would've won at least a bronze with the way she was playing and how amazing the crowd was for her if she didn't get injured :big cry:

But she is a fighter and my name is Andrew/Andreas by the way (I saw your rep but it wouldn't let me rep back )

Old Feb 8th, 2015, 11:47 AM   #9
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

Andreas

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2015, 01:09 AM   #10
country flag Danii's Law

Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of

Not great results so far this year.

Next is a 10k in Egypt. Hope she gets some wins under her belt.

Did anyone see on twitter that Eleni appears to be engaged?

Daniilidou, Muguruza, Cornet, Azarenka, Lisicki, Stosur, Na, Date-Krumm, Cirstea,
Danii's Law is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2015, 06:11 AM   #11
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii's Law View Post
Not great results so far this year.

Next is a 10k in Egypt. Hope she gets some wins under her belt.

Did anyone see on twitter that Eleni appears to be engaged?
Thanks for mentioning
I hadn't noticed until you said something, yeah good for her, as long as she's happy
I think its to that guy Christianidis but I'm not sure. I know he was coaching her and I think I read once they were dating but I'm not 100% sure so don't say you heard from me
He's been around for a while though, I think he was coaching her in 2008 when she had that nasty injury

Old Feb 13th, 2015, 10:44 PM   #12
country flag forever_rafter

forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like she's engaged. To the guy who I think used to be her trainer. I'm rather suprised but boy, isn't that guy a one lucky man?
forever_rafter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2015, 06:13 AM   #13
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_rafter View Post
It looks like she's engaged. To the guy who I think used to be her trainer. I'm rather suprised but boy, isn't that guy a one lucky man?
WOW Ula, so nice to see you back here after so many years

Old Feb 14th, 2015, 08:27 AM   #14
country flag forever_rafter

forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute forever_rafter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
WOW Ula, so nice to see you back here after so many years
Thanks Actually, I had a dream yestreday and in that dream Eleni was mine so I'm a little jealous
forever_rafter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote