US Open Series 2011 | Dallas - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 06:57 AM   #31
country flag Specter
<(⌒▽⌒)>

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Open Series 2011 | Stanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike81 View Post
Looks like Sabine's continuing the good form but no livestreams? I would have liked to watch the match against Stosur.
http://www.streamingtennis.com/Cardi...oreboard1.html

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #32
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

The Stanford live streams are god-sent.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 06:17 AM   #33
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Sorry to see Sabs lost her Dubs match on a 3rd set tiebreak. How did she play?

Hopefully she'll kick her Dubs partner's ass when they meet in the Singles later!!
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 06:55 AM   #34
country flag Specter
<(⌒▽⌒)>

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute

Stosicki were very routine in the 1st and then their services started to let them down in the 2nd. There was one instance where Bine got broken, then they broke Julia only to have Sam be broken right back. Too many errors and shitty serving did them in in the tiebreak from what I can recall in my tired haze.
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #35
country flag Ian Aberdon

Thank you Specter.

The one thing I am worried about is Sabine's serve. When her first serve fires, it's a potent weapon & gets her far, wins her lots of points & matches. But she has to land the damn thing! If Sab's first serve is off, her second serve to my mind is vulnerable.

She's got a good service action as far as I can see, so I wonder if she is trying too hard to serve 125mph rockets all the time. I would rather she increases her 1st serve %age. If that means getting a 1st serve of say 115-120mph more often into her opponent's court, surely that would still win her lots of points, instead of trying to blast one down at 120-125mph & either going long or straight into the net.

The one thing I thought at Wimbledon was that, although obviously she had a great tournament in both singles & doubles, her serve got worse, at least to my eyes! She went from 17 aces vs. Li Na to losing her ball toss for example, & numerous times I remember Sabs had to catch the ball & try again. Don't know if this was/is a factor at Stanford, as I've not had the chance to see her.

However, she is ahead of where she thought she would be, compared to last year. That is good. It is work in progress, & I am sure her & her team are working on it. I don't suppose that she is back, even now, to where she was before her injury troubles.

Her frisbee skills are good though!
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #36
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Good luck, Sabine.
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #37
country flag Purple_Rain

Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
She's got a good service action as far as I can see, so I wonder if she is trying too hard to serve 125mph rockets all the time. I would rather she increases her 1st serve %age. If that means getting a 1st serve of say 115-120mph more often into her opponent's court, surely that would still win her lots of points, instead of trying to blast one down at 120-125mph & either going long or straight into the net.
She should save the rockets for match points like she did against Li. No need to wear herself down with big serves in non-pressure situations. The best players know to bring their best tennis when it matters most.
Purple_Rain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #38
country flag 18majors

Sabine got the VIP treatment and will play the night session with Stosur.
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #39
country flag Ian Aberdon

This should be an interesting match up. Although Stosur is 4-0 on HtH, it's been 2yrs since their last singles meeting. I hope Sabine is a much tougher proposition 2yrs on, but Sam isn't Top 10(OK, 10!!) for nothing! I pray Sabine is on her serve & on her game generally.

I have everything crossed for you Sabine!
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #40
country flag Specter
<(⌒▽⌒)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Sabine got the VIP treatment and will play the night session with Stosur.
Which means I get to get up at 4. I should really go to bed now ...
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 02:34 AM   #41
country flag Graftard

Graftard is a splendid one to behold Graftard is a splendid one to behold Graftard is a splendid one to behold Graftard is a splendid one to behold Graftard is a splendid one to behold Graftard is a splendid one to behold Graftard is a splendid one to behold Graftard is a splendid one to behold Graftard is a splendid one to behold Graftard is a splendid one to behold Graftard is a splendid one to behold

Sabine must step it up. Winning more pts on second serve than first, wtf is this??
Graftard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 03:31 AM   #42
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Up 63 44! 11 Aces! Come on sabs!
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 03:34 AM   #43
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

I woke up at 4 am in my time to cheer Sabine, and I dont regret Go Sabs!!

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 03:44 AM   #44
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Really enjoyed being at my first Sabine match! 13 Aces love you Sabs!
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 03:49 AM   #45
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Yessssssssss!

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote