Görges' Fans Chat Thread: Volume 1 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 28th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #91
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Görges Fans Chat Thread: Volume 1 - Vikapower Is Not a Girl! Shock!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Would you like Tsvetana to beat Julia?
Maybe noo!
I like very much Julia. but I`m for Cveti when she didn`t play against Williams or Julia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumilover. View Post
Usually but not always. Tennis is more individual and I really care about my favorites so im not to patriotic but for men's tennis where i am not as big about, i support the americans.
What you don`t like in Williams game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
well, sure, 16yo fans can have some good knowledge as well but it feels strange sometimes when I say that I used to be a big fan of Anke Huber and then say they that they don´t even know her
Who is Huber? - just kidding I like her too. I watch her some match. She have a great game on the net. She have a very good technique. Very intelligent and incredible player.
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.

My Twitter
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #92
country flag Skoo

Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of

Well, I'm 24, but these teenagers probably have been watching tennis for a much longer time than I did. I'm only watching since RG last year I know who Anke Huber is though. The only other German who won Stuttgart
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #93
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Görges Fans Chat Thread: Volume 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
I'm 23 and to be honest I knew very little from the tennis of the past until I got interested around 2009 or something... I only started following tennis in 2004 with Maria Sharapova and she was the only one that counted truly for me before 2008...

I think many of the 16 more or less year olds have only started following the game in the recent times so I can understand them.
well,I started to follow tennis pretty early, I mean, tennis was so popular in Germany in the late 80s/early 90s with Becker,Graf,Stich und Huber, it was almost impossible not to follow it!
Well, my first tennis memories are from 1995

But now it is not that interesting anymore, many of my favs retired and I am not that much into those new young players
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #94
country flag Skoo

Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditoo View Post
Maybe noo!
I like very much Julia. but I`m for Cveti when she didn`t play against Williams or Julia.
Well, I suppose you really are not a nationalist
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #95
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I'm 24, but these teenagers probably have been watching tennis for a much longer time than I did. I'm only watching since RG last year I know who Anke Huber is though. The only other German who won Stuttgart

She also reached final in Melbourne, won Masters of Champions (some tournament which only existed for one year ) and reached No.4 in rankings
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #96
country flag Ayumilover.

Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold

@ Skoo, no i jsut don't like the WS plus i just love my favorites. I've been intent on the tour since the start of 08 but i followed some in 07 (the GS). Li Na was the main reason I got interested in the first place lol.
Ayumilover. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #97
country flag Skoo

Quote:

She also reached final in Melbourne, won Masters of Champions (some tournament which only existed for one year ) and reached No.4 in rankings
Yeah, whatever But tell me, why didn't Steffi ever win Stuttgart? Was she tanking or didn't participate much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumilover. View Post
@ Skoo, no i jsut don't like the WS plus i just love my favorites. I've been intent on the tour since the start of 08 but i followed some in 07 (the GS). Li Na was the main reason I got interested in the first place lol.
Are you sure you wanted to reply to me?
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #98
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Quote:
Yeah, whatever But tell me, why didn't Steffi ever win Stuttgart? Was she tanking or didn't participate much?

last time she played there was in 1985, when she just was 16, after that she didn´t even play there anymore, the relation between Filderstadt and her wasn´t that great due to a few reasons...
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #99
country flag Ayumilover.

Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold Ayumilover. is a splendid one to behold

Oh yeah hahah sorry it was Banditoo.
Ayumilover. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #100
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow that's pretty short but never too early to start -- to be honest I've been hearing tennis since probably the early 2000's or something but it never really took my mind... when I discovered Maria I was 17 and she really captivated me because of you know why.

Then I became a fan of Nicole because I thought she would have been the next Maria, sadly (I miss her so much ), Maria then got hurt in 2008 and I wasn't watching or planning to watch any tennis when I discovered Victoria, then Sabine and in RG 2009 I literally had a crush on Sorana the 3rd love of my life.

And finally Julia.

Quote:
well,I started to follow tennis pretty early, I mean, tennis was so popular in Germany in the late 80s/early 90s with Becker,Graf,Stich und Huber, it was almost impossible not to follow it!
Well, my first tennis memories are from 1995

But now it is not that interesting anymore, many of my favs retired and I am not that much into those new young players
Ah, yes, I forget you are from Germany so it's true that many of you must have started watching since from the cradle. Julia herself had said in an ITW that she had started watching Stuttgart since baby.

I can't really speak of before and I might sound biased but I think tennis right now is interesting in a different manner. Personally I just love the sport more than any other, I've been in women's tennis for like 5 years now and I just don't see myself completely stop following the game.

That said in the new crop of girls 93, 94, I've seen nobody other than Kristina Mladenovic and Coco Vandeweghe for who I could become passionate about but we'll see.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #101
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Wow that's pretty short
Yeah, does it show? I was getting bored by the low quality of the material I had to study for my licence degree and saw a match between Caro and Flavia. I found Caro's game interesting, especially those moonballs

I know Julia because she beat my favourite at the time, Sam. I also liked Lena much and had short crushes on Petko and Wicky. I'm starting to like Sabine and I saw a very good display of tennis from Sori last week. If she does it again, I might like her too
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #102
country flag Specter
<(⌒▽⌒)>

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I've missed all the fun while I was at work.
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #103
country flag Michael!
indescribable

u had for sure some fun at work as as well
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #104
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

I will go to Astronomy summer school by 2 until 10 august and I won`t can to watch Julia!
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.

My Twitter
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #105
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditoo View Post
I will go to Astronomy summer school by 2 until 10 august and I won`t can to watch Julia!
That is sad indeed. But hey, astronomy could worth more than a lousy performance by Julia, should the latter happen