Görges' Fans Chat Thread: Volume 1 - Page 63 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:03 PM   #931
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future
Re: Görges' Fans Chat Thread: Volume 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
Now we found like 4-5 pics out of ~1000 where she doesn't look that good. So I'm clearly proven wrong, she only looks gorgeous in 99% of cases.
Good thing that's settled. Now, 99%? Hmm, maybe it's lower
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #932
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Let's continue the discussion here so the picture thread doesn't get taken off topic: I don't understand why Nike would drop her though, they signed her when she was ~#100 and now she's #18. And I doubt that Julia didn't want to extend it as she surely would have had a new sponsor lined up then, but there is none on her sponsor list.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #933
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Well Nike seems to try to hold their Top 10 Players.
A new Contract for Julia would cost much more now.

she did change her racket Sponsor last offseason aswell...

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic, Svitolina, Kuznetsova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #934
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

I would have put Julia down as one of the players you defintely want to keep, I mean let's face it, she gets photographed a lot even for her ranking and she still is on the rise.
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #935
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Let's continue the discussion here so the picture thread doesn't get taken off topic: I don't understand why Nike would drop her though, they signed her when she was ~#100 and now she's #18. And I doubt that Julia didn't want to extend it as she surely would have had a new sponsor lined up then, but there is none on her sponsor list.
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
Well Nike seems to try to hold their Top 10 Players.
A new Contract for Julia would cost much more now.

she did change her racket Sponsor last offseason aswell...
Why would it cost much more now?

What if Fila actually pays better? Now that Kim's gone, they might be searching for some other superstars (which Julia might become ).
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #936
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Thats true and a bit strange, but who knows, maybe another brand is willing to pay her more and she follows the money there.
Would be a legitimate move, but please not FILA.

GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic, Svitolina, Kuznetsova
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #937
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense.

Why would it cost much more now?
A Top 20 Player obviously wants more money than an Top 100 player

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #938
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
A Top 20 Player obviously wants more money than an Top 100 player
Oh Sure, but I don't think is much more than last year
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #939
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Oh Sure, but I don't think is much more than last year
Like Katja said, they signed her when she was Top 100, i dont thik they made a new contract every year.

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #940
country flag KatjaS

If it actually were Fila I would assume that some sort of announcement would have been made and they would be on her sponsor list. She was also wearing Nike during the off season and I assume that the contracts either (most likely) end with the last tournament of the year, or with the calendar year, but not on the 21st of December or something like that.

I can't remember ever having seen a Fila outfit and thinking to myself: "That looks nice.", so I really wouldn't like that. Kind of a "Wühltisch"-brand. They don't even have a German homepage.
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #941
country flag Ziva

Fila would be horrible.

She could also be without a Sponsor atm, like Sabine was in 2011, when she was wearing all kinds of Gear before she signed a contract.

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #942
country flag Skoo

So, the consensus is that it sucks
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #943
country flag KatjaS

Well there are very few brands that make good-looking women's tennis clothes...
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #944
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

If Julia wins her match I don`t mind what she is wearing.
Beside that Julia could have on a potato sack and it would still look nice.

If she really skipped the Nike contract, it would be interesting to know why.
Like always money could play a role and her management/dad might be involved.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #945
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Beside that Julia could have on a potato sack and it would still look nice.
Yeah, but a sack is better than what Kim used to wear But, indeed, who cares, if she wins.