Görges' Fans Chat Thread: Volume 1 - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #871
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future
Re: Görges' Fans Chat Thread: Volume 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
No really. Stop it now please - I'm already confused enough!
OK, one more question, Julia was the multiple FO champion?
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #872
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
OK, one more question, Julia was the multiple FO champion?
Yes, I meant Julia by that.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #873
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes, I meant Julia by that.
Olivia's faves are Nadal and Sharapova, so... Anyway, to make it perfectly clear, I like Julia's game. More than any other game (WTA at least), of course
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #874
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Olivia's faves are Nadal and Sharapova, so... Anyway, to make it perfectly clear, I like Julia's game. More than any other game (WTA at least), of course
Didn't know that. Naive as I am I thought Julia was her fave (because of the photo)
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #875
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Didn't know that. Naive as I am I thought Julia was her fave (because of the photo)
Well, I mentioned it in the pictures thread, you just missed it, but it's better that way, it was hilarious
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #876
country flag Dispeker

Quote:
Well, I mentioned it in the pictures thread, you just missed it
Oh, I see. That explains a lot.

Quote:
but it's better that way, it was hilarious
True.
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #877
country flag Skoo

olivia myers ‏@livviamarie
it was nice to meet you & watch you play in cincy @juliagoerges! you are one of my favorites & i look up to you

Hehe
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #878
country flag Dispeker

Quote:
olivia myers ‏@livviamarie
it was nice to meet you & watch you play in cincy @juliagoerges! you are one of my favorites & i look up to you

Hehe
Ha! And I knew it all along.

And she looks up to her! That's really nice

Last edited by Dispeker : Aug 16th, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #879
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Ha! And I knew it all along.

Quote:
And she looks up to her! That's really nice
But of course
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #880
country flag Skoo

Quote:
Sorry Skoo, but I have to give you a bad rep for this. I know you understand.
I know, I'm sorry, I'll never say that again about a draw where there's also Sabine
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #881
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Since I figured out how to open a young coconut with a big chopping knife a month or two ago (thank goodness for the internet) I've been totally addicted to young coconuts, drinking their juice and spooning out the soft meat inside. Have you guys tried them? They are delicious. I never dared to buy them before because I didn't know what to do with them. I tried a canned version of the juice before but there was no comparison, the real thing is miles better. I opened 3 tonight, although I share the juice and meat with my parents so we get a third each. They vary in maturity, some are all juice and almost no meat, some have more meat and less juice, some are sweeter than others- all are very refreshing.

My method of opening involves trimming off the white outside part (I cut off the pointy top, not the flat part) until you can see the top part of the shell clearly. I make sure I have a round section at the top the size of a tennis ball totally exposed with the three lines intersecting. I use the corner of the chopper to hit each of the three lines, then I hit in between them. Once I get the knife in deep enough with a hit, I lever up the top and it comes off in one small round section with very little loss of juice. The hole is just big enough to put a table spoon into to get the meat out. I pour out the juice into a bowl (I try to pour from a low height and you have to do it quite smoothly and quickly- takes some practice to avoid losing juice) and then I use a spoon to get the meat out.

Last edited by HowardH : Sep 9th, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #882
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light
Coco milk contains fat a lot, be careful 3-4 years ago i was eating/drinking it, but then i gain like 2 kg in 1 week.
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #883
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusVanPelt View Post
Coco milk contains fat a lot, be careful 3-4 years ago i was eating/drinking it, but then i gain like 2 kg in 1 week.
I'll try to make sure I get enough exercise and drink enough water.

Were you having the canned stuff or were you opening fresh young coconuts? Young coconuts have less energy stored in them.

Coconut milk is from mature coconuts and has a lot more calories than the juice from young coconuts. Young coconuts have barely any meat and the juice has very little fat.

Coconut milk is about 17% fat, but young coconuts have less than 4% fat usually. If you only drink the juice they have almost no fat but of course I eat the small amount of jelly-like meat too.

Still, I'll have to make sure to burn enough calories anyway. I'm very active so I should be able to do it.

Occasionally one of the coconuts is more mature. This means it's more difficult to open, it has less juice, and it has more meat (and the meat is drier and harder with a higher fat content as opposed to the watery and juicy meat in young coconuts). In this case I do have to take into account that I am eating more calories in that meal and I have to make up for it by eating less of something else or exercising more.

Incidentally I looked through my post there and saw that I accidentally used the word "dryer"- the electrical appliance- instead of "drier"- the comparative adjective. That's a tricky one. I noticed something seemed off when I typed it so I googled it.

Last edited by HowardH : Sep 10th, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #884
country flag Skoo

Quote:
I found out: Julia (first word) and Yulia Helsingor Rodriguez (second word)
Ermahgerd, now how are we going to know which one is right?
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #885
country flag Dispeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Don`t know whether she cheated me, but she told me that this means Julia Goerges.
Which dictionary are you guys using ?
Quote:
Ermahgerd, now how are we going to know which one is right?
The one and only Google translator, of course. I actually thought only the last one would mean "Julia Görges". The video below was also just named "괴르게스"

But I won't question what Yeji-Oh says, of course