Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread - Page 68 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 15th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #1006
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light
I think she Will make it to the Quarter finals in RG. I dont know why but i have a feeling, I hope she can regain her power again.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #1007
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

Meet & Greet mit Julia Görges bei den French Open zu gewinnen

You can win a Meet & Greet with Julia which will take place on Saturday, May 25th. The prize includes two tickets for the first day of the French Open main draw (Sunday, May 26) and a overnight stay at a hotel from Saturday to Sunday.

In order to participate in the contest you have to tell via text, photo, video why you deserve the M&G (no limits to your creativity!). Deadline: May 20th 8:00 PM/ redaktion.de@tennisnet.com Needed: name, address, phone number and email address.

The three best entries will be selected by tennisnet.com and put on www.facebook.com/tennisnet.com.DE for voting (May 21st). The person with the most "Likes" gets the M&G.

I don't know whether non-Germans can participate, better ask via email.
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #1008
country flag Iwasbored2013

Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice

Thanks for that, CillyUltra. So there is no travel included, only the hotel room?
Iwasbored2013 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #1009
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasbored2013 View Post
Thanks for that, CillyUltra. So there is no travel included, only the hotel room?
Yes.
Old May 25th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #1010
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

http://newsticker.sueddeutsche.de/list/id/1455322

Quote:
Auch Görges stand auf dem Trainingsplatz und testete drei Tage nach ihrer Aufgabe beim WTA-Turnier in Brüssel ihr lädiertes rechtes Handgelenk. Äußern mochte sich die Bad Oldesloerin nach ihrer Übungseinheit nicht. Die Blessur schien sie aber bei Aufschlag und Vorhand weiterhin zu behindern. Als erste Gegnerin in Roland Garros bekam sie die slowakische Qualifikantin Zuzana Kucova zugelost.
- Julia did practice today
- Did not want to speak with the press
- Her injury "seemed to impair her serve and forehand"
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #1011
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sportal.de/french-open-li...52627420900000

Quote:
Görges entscheidet kurzfristig

Ob Julia Görges antreten kann, steht noch nicht fest. Im Training hinterließ die Weltranglisten-24. aus Bad Oldesloe keinen guten Eindruck, ihre Handgelenksverletzung macht ihr weiter zu schaffen. "Mein Physiotherapeut wird alles Mögliche versuchen", sagte die 24-Jährige, die beim Vorbereitungsturnier in Brüssel bereits zum dritten Mal in dieser Saison aufgeben musste. In Paris bekommt sie es - Gesundheit vorausgesetzt - zuerst mit Qualifikantin Zuzana Kucova (Slowakei) zu tun.
- She will decide on short notice whether she plays or not
- Not a good impression in practice
- "My physio will try everything"
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #1012
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Puh, das klingt nicht gut. Ich denke, sie versucht es vielleicht. Ich rechne aber irgendwie mit einer Aufgabe...
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #1013
country flag KatjaS

I'm really of two minds here, on the hand I don't want both my favorite players out of the FO before the tournament even begins, but on the other hand I hope she doesn't take any unpredictable risks and doesn't act against the advice of her doctors.
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #1014
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

I really can't imagine what her physio can do for an injured wrist except ice it and tape it up. Otherwise, keeping it immobilized and not using the injured wrist is most likely the fastest way it will heal. I think Nensel will tell her to go ahead and play the first match regardless and see what happens. My heart just breaks for her and all the rotten luck she's had this season.
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #1015
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Julia does not exactly tell, so we once again have a guessing game about her injury.
String irritation, tendinitis or simply a contortion of the wrist with some swelling ? All these issues need very different kind of treatments.
However, it does not really look good for today`s match. All the best for her.

Last edited by joy division : May 27th, 2013 at 05:50 AM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #1016
country flag KatjaS

via CillyUltra:

http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/f...113115624.html

Quote:
"Bei der Vorhand hat mich die Entzündung behindert, da konnte ich leider keinen Spin spielen, das kam ihr entgegen", sagte Görges, die das lädierte Handgelenk jedoch nicht als Entschuldigung für die Niederlage gelten ließ: "Wenn ich auf den Platz gehe, muss ich damit zurechtkommen, was ich zur Verfügung habe. Und das war leider heute ein Schlag weniger."
- "On the Forehand side the inflammation impaired me, I couldn't play with spin, that helped her"
- "When I'm on the court I have to deal with what's available to me, and today I was lacking a shot unfortunately"
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #1017
country flag KatjaS

via CillyUltra:

http://www.wz-newsline.de/home/sport...aris-1.1330085

Quote:
Görges hatte in der Vorwoche beim WTA-Turnier in Brüssel aufgeben müssen und wirkte beim Training in Paris angeschlagen. «Es ist nur ein Schlag, leider Gottes die Vorhand. Doch das soll keine Entschuldigung sein. Bei einem Grand Slam stehe ich auf dem Platz.» Für jedes andere Turnier hätte sie dagegen abgesagt.
- "It's just one shot, unfortunately the forehand"
- "I don't want to make excuses, it's a slam, so I'm on the court"
- Every other tournament she would have cancelled
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #1018
country flag KatjaS

http://www.tennisnet.com/deutschland...nossen/4948961

Quote:
Meet & Greet mit Julia Görges: „Wir haben jede Minute des Trips genossen“

Daniel Trümper war der glückliche Gewinner des Treffens mit der 24-jährigen Deutschen.

Die tennisnet.com-Leser hatten die große Chance, Julia Görges persönlich kennenzulernen, und zwar im Rahmen des größten Sandplatzturniers der Welt, den French Open in Paris. Das Meet & Greet mit Julia Görges wurde von Babolat, dem Ausrüster der Deutschen, ermöglicht. Obendrauf gab Babolat dem glücklichen Gewinner zwei Tickets für den ersten Hauptfeldtag der French Open. Wir hatten euch dazu aufgerufen, uns eine Begründung zu schicken, warum gerade du das Meet & Greet mit Julia Görges verdient hast. Deiner Kreativität waren keine Grenzen gesetzt. Daniel Trümper war der glückliche Sieger, der mit seinem Video-Beitrag das Rennen machte.

Und das hat Daniel bei seinem Trip zu den French Open erlebt:

Unser Trip zu den French Open war wirklich super und hat sich sehr gelohnt. Am Samstag haben wir gleich Philippe von Babolat getroffen, der sich viel Zeit für uns nahm, uns zum Essen einlud und uns direkt mit Tickets für den Kids-Day bei den French Open und Basecaps überraschte. Dort konnten wir Stars wie Roger Federer und Tommy Haas beim Training sehen und etwas von dem besonderen Flair der French Open aufnehmen.

Am Nachmittag haben wir dann Jule getroffen, die sich viel Zeit für uns genommen hat, super gelaunt war und mit uns ein lockeres Gespräch führte. Als sie erfuhr, dass wir nur für Sonntag Tickets haben, hat sie uns persönlich zu ihrer Erstrundenpartie am Montag, die sie leider verlor, eingeladen. Nach dem mehr als einstündigen Gespräch signierte sie uns noch zwei übergroße Tennisbälle und posierte mit uns für Erinnerungsfotos.

So hatten wir statt – wie erwartet – einen Tag bei den French Open, drei ganze Tage voller spannender und hochklassiger Matches. Als besonderes Bonbon wurden wir am Montag nach dem Spiel von Jule in die Babolat-Loge eingeladen und konnten dort das Match zwischen Daniel Brands und Rafael Nadal aus der ersten Reihe verfolgen. Dies war ein besonderes Erlebnis für uns, da Astrid und ich große „Rafa“-Fans sind und er bei den bisherigen Turnieren, die wir besucht haben, immer verletzt war und wir ihn so vorher noch nie live sehen konnten. Beim Babolat-Bespannungsstand durften wir noch einen Blick hinter die Kulissen werfen und uns wurde gezeigt, wo die Schläger individuell für die Spieler angepasst werden.

Es waren drei wirklich ereignisreiche Tage, die wir sehr genossen haben und auch die Betreuung vor Ort durch tennisnet.com und Babolat war spitze. Wir haben jede Minute des Trips genossen und sind wirklich froh, dass wir die Reise gewonnen haben.

Short summary from the guy who won the Meet & Greet, can be summarized with "Julia's very nice and the trip was great".
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #1019
country flag KatjaS

http://www.rp-online.de/region-duess...atte-1.3456264

Quote:
Julia Görges, wie beurteilen Sie ihr heutiges Spiel?

Görges Wenn man auf dem Platz steht, will man natürlich immer gewinnen. Aber Zakopalova hat gut gespielt und verdient gewonnen. Für mich war heute das Wichtigste, dass ich keine Schmerzen mehr im Handgelenk hatte.

Was war der Grund für die Schmerzen?

Görges Ich hatte mit einer Überbelastung im Handgelenk zu kämpfen und habe daher die letzten Tage pausiert. Jetzt bin ich einfach froh, dass ich wieder einen Ball ohne Schmerzen treffen kann.

Gestern war kein guter Tag für M2Beauté Ratingen. Nach den ersten fünf Einzelspielen war bereits alles entschieden. War so ein klares Ergebnis zu erwarten?

Görges Bocholt hat viele Spielerinnen, die unter den Top 50 der Welt stehen. Dennoch rechnet man sich immer Chancen aus. Am Ende waren die Bocholter jedoch die bessere Mannschaft und haben den Titel verdient verteidigt.

Sie waren gestern zum ersten Mal in dieser Saison in Ratingen. Es waren zahlreiche Zuschauer da. Wie hat ihnen die gesamte Atmosphäre gefallen?

Görges Es waren wirklich sehr viele Zuschauer da und die Stimmung war gut. Ich hätte mir gewünscht, dass es noch ein bisschen wärmer gewesen wäre, wie es in den letzten Tagen der Fall war.

In dieser Woche nehmen Sie noch am WTA-Turnier in Nürnberg teil, bevor die Rasensaison endgültig beginnt. Bereiten Sie sich speziell darauf vor – vor allem auf das große Highlight Wimbledon?

Görges Es wird keine Vorbereitung geben. Ich habe einmal vor Wimbledon noch Turniere gespielt und es hat nichts gebracht. Der Rasen ist letztendlich eh überall anders. Daher werde ich nach dem Turnier in Nürnberg direkt nach Wimbledon fliegen.
- "Zakopalova played well and deserved to win"
- No pain in her wrist anymore
- No preparation for Wimbledon
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #1020
country flag Iwasbored2013

Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
- No pain in her wrist anymore
This is great news.
Iwasbored2013 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote