Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread - Page 65 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 19th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #961
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

Perhaps her improved vision is allowing her to see elements of her game that no one else sees.
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 19th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #962
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is had Azarenka not withdrawn from her two matches with Julia, who knows where she would be now. I know counterfactual history never helps but still...
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #963
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

The points from Stuttgart and Dubai are already gone, so she would probably be roughly where she is right now, maybe with a lower career-high ranking. Of course her draws would have been different at other events too, so you could argue she would be out of the Top 100 because she would have been seeded less often and would have always lost in R1 to the top seed. But you can play the what-if game with every player. In Dallas 2011 Angie should have played the #1 seed Peng in R2 who withdrew. If she loses there in R2 instead of gaining confidence after her "reboot" over the summer, does she beat Radwanska at the US Open? Would she even be an active tennis player now? I doubt you'll find any player that didn't benefit from retirement, withdrawals, walkovers, wild cards, the draw breaking her way etc - it's about what you do with the opportunities you are given.

In the past Julia has sometimes used them (Stuttgart, Dubai) and at other times thrown them away (FO '12, though that was also a lot of bad luck or USO '12 for example).
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #964
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
The thing is had Azarenka not withdrawn from her two matches with Julia, who knows where she would be now. I know counterfactual history never helps but still...
I don't get it, why did you put this 'sad' emicon at the end of your comment? You have made it absolutely clear many times that you neither like Julia's game nor her personality. So why are you pretending that the thought of these two potential losses and a consequential lower ranking of Julia is making you sad? Sorry, but in my eyes this is pure hypocrisy. In fact, it's pretty obvious what you are implying here: She isn't really that good [again, these were your words lately] and she only got where she is because of luck. This is obviously your opinion and you are free to have it. But you could at least be honest here.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #965
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
It`s indeed hard to get the message of your post.
I know you like Julia but you argue like a hater with illusionary stuff.
Probably some unlucky choice of words here.

Last edited by joy division : Mar 19th, 2013 at 11:58 PM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #966
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Angie & Julia about football. Not particularly interesting.
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #967
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light
Well she is retweeting Leverkusen players, its confusing

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #968
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
I don't get it, why did you put this 'sad' emicon at the end of your comment? You have made it absolutely clear many times that you neither like Julia's game nor her personality. So why are you pretending that the thought of these two potential losses and a consequential lower ranking of Julia is making you sad? Sorry, but in my eyes this is pure hypocrisy. In fact, it's pretty obvious what you are implying here: She isn't really that good [again, these were your words lately] and she only got where she is because of luck. This is obviously your opinion and you are free to have it. But you could at least be honest here.
Wrong, I like Julia as a person but I do think she has many holes in her game and I can't see her fixing those weaknesses. To me, she's this kind of player that gets it together a couple times each season but that's it. When it clicks, it's good, but it doesn't click often. I don't know why you say I don't like her as a person. I can criticize her for her behaviour against Rus at the French Open and still cheer for her afterwards. I like Aga Radwanska but was furious when she took a tactical MTO against Date-Krumm in Australia which won her the match from 1-4 down in the third set.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #969
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW BY RADO WITH JULIA GÖRGES
25. March 2013

TENNIS STAR AND RADO BRAND AMBASSADOR

We recently caught up with Julia when she took a few minutes out of her busy schedule to talk to us about the tennis season ahead, the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in Stuttgart and her partnership with Rado.

How has the 2013 season started for you? Do you feel positive about the year ahead?
My 2013 tennis season started very well in Melbourne where I reached the quarter finals. Overall I feel I have been playing really well. I feel physically fitter than ever and foresee this tennis season going very positively as I know all the training and preparation I have put into it. I now have to give it everything on court.

Which tournament are you most looking forward to this year?
There are so many great tournaments. I really like the US tour, which I am currently on, with tournaments such as Indian Wells, Miami and Charleston. Then of course Stuttgart. It is always nice to play in Germany. Of course not forgetting the majors.

All tennis players train hard during the winter. Where did you train?
My training took place in the Algarve region of Portugal with my whole team. It was just perfect to be able to be outside to prepare for the new tennis season.

You are a winner of the Porsche Grand Prix in Stuttgart. How did it feel to win there in 2011?
As a child it was always one of my biggest dreams to play in and win this tournament. As one of the few German female tennis players, winning was an unbelievable and indescribable experience.

You are from Hamburg, but does Stuttgart feel like a home tournament for you?
It’s like home to me and not only because I have won the tournament! It is always special to play in your own country.

What do you like most about Rado?
What I like most about Rado is the design of the watches. It is wonderful to be able wear my watch while playing as it is so light and comfortable to wear. On top of that it also looks very glamorous.

Do you wear a watch when you play tennis?
Yes. I wear the white True Thinline. It is the perfect watch to wear when playing.

What does time mean to you?
To me time means being punctual. I would be lost without my watch.

http://www.rado.com/en/news/exclusiv...a-goerges.html
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:31 PM   #970
country flag JuleFan

JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice

Family Circle Cup @FamilyCircleCup
#Goerges about why she loves being on Twitter: "Having your fans who can't travel ... just an update and funny things [for them]" #FCC2013
JuleFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 08:50 PM   #971
country flag KatjaS

Press after the Putintseva match:

Quote:
Post-Match Press Conference With:
JULIA GOERGES
Q. Hello.
JULIA GOERGES: High.
Q. Congratulations on a great
match today. Looked like pretty much in
your game today was clicking. How do
you feel?
JULIA GOERGES: Well,
of course my spin on the ball, so it's
always good, but I can be pretty pleased
and satisfied with my performance. She
is an excellent tennis girl and I didn't give
her really a chance to get into the match
and the way I played for the first match I
can say I'm pretty pleased with it.
Q. How do you bounce back?
You probably did not do as well in
Miami, so how do you bounce back and
refocus on the clay?
JULIA GOERGES: I have
to say I'm not really unhappy with my
tennis, what I'm playing because I feel
like I'm playing better and I have had
better. So it's just like the results are not
there, but I feel like I'm pretty hitting the
ball pretty well and that's what counts for
me, it's not always the results because
the results will come one day.
But it's just the way you
feel on the court and I'm saying I'm
feeling well. Also with doubles together
it's always nice to get as many as
matches as you can even
though it's singles or doubles, doesn't
matter but for me being on the court and
the way I'm playing, I'm hitting the ball,
I'm pretty satisfied with it. So I will see
when the results will come, but they will
come for sure one day.
Q. Julia, can you talk about the
prominence of the German players right
now and are you guys a pretty close knit
group?
actually Mona, me and Angelic, we
come like 45 minutes away from each
other, that's our home towns and we all
grew up separately. It's like everybody
had their own coaches and everybody
grew up differently and did their own
thing. But in all I mean, we have a lot of
good German players right now and it's
good that the tennis comes back in
Germany right now and getting more
and more popular.
And well we always have a
nice time, it's always good to be together
with those girls and well, that's what I
can just say about it and it's great that
tennis comes back a little bit in
Germany.

Q. Julia, when the clay court
season rolls around each year do you do
anything specific to train for it or does it
change season by season?
just especially for the clay I just came
here on Thursday day night so I didn't
have really much time to get adjusted or
can adjust to the court, but I'm always
feeling well on clay. It doesn't take me
that long to play a good level and -- well,
we see how far it brings me.
But definitely clay is
something where I'm looking forward to
and even though I can say green clay is
not the real clay for me, the real clay
starts on the red clay and we'll see what
Europe brings, but I don't need that
much time to adjust on clay as I need on
hard court.
Q. Julia, what are you working on
most right now in your game?
JULIA GOERGES: Being
consistent, most consistent as I can and
it doesn't matter how the ranking is and
how the numbers are. It's for me it's
important to give always like a hundred
percent on the court and as best as you
can and then you see you make -- yeah,
at the end you can just say well, this was
not enough, they should be better and
then you go back on the practice court.
But there is not anything
specific, it's just the consistency what I
have to work on because those are
having the tough players and that makes
the difference.
Q. Julia, you talked about
German tennis coming back. What why
do you think there was kind of a lull
there? And can you talk about the
influence of Steffi Graf on you?
it's Steffi, Boris and Michael Stich and
everybody in the history, it's tough for us
to achieve a little bit of that what they
have achieved and we just try to get as
close as we can. And well Steffi is
always following our results and texting
when we have Fed Cup and she is
always following it, but she is not
showing up somewhere because she is
like a little bit private and we totally
understand.
And it's nice to have a
person like Steffi also following us and
well I have met her once when I had an
exhibition with her in Holland and it was
a lot of fun, it was a great moment for
me. She is just a legend who is really
listening to and she reflects every one
and it's something what you don't forget
when you have those chances to really
meet those guys.
Q. Back to match today, Yulia
Putintseva really moped a lot on court.
She is always pumping her up. How do
you pump yourself up? Do you need to
think about things?
JULIA GOERGES:
Honestly I'm a pretty emotional girl but
sometimes you need to try to keep your
emotions together to not lose that much
energy and it's always -- yeah, a tough
balance to find. And one day I'm -- one
day I'm screaming more, one day I'm
screaming less. It's always tough to find
the balance.
It's also a little bit how your
mood is on that day but -- well, overall
you always try to just focus on yourself
and not letting the emotions do their way
and just losing their focus, but definitely
I'm not the type of girl who is quiet on the
courts.
Q. You were broke in serving for
the match the first time. Can you talk
about some of the things in her game
that were troubling you at that moment?
JULIA GOERGES: I think
she is a very talented player, athletic girl
and for me especially she is like a little
bit far from the -- away from the
baseline. So I had a lot of time to get
her out of the court even more and then
being aggressive with my forehand and
while she changed that a little bit in the
last two games from 5-1 to 5-3 and she
was more aggressive and just let me run
around the court and that's what she
definitely did better, at the end for me it
was tough to serve it out. It's always like
a little bit more tension once you get
there and it's just nice and good feeling
to have a win under your belt.
Q. One more quick question just
about Twitter. You seem to use it to
interact with your fans and kind of keep
people updated. Do you enjoy that or --
JULIA GOERGES: I
definitely do enjoy it because I don't like
Facebook so I have no account on
Facebook, even maybe that might show
up some but it's not me. And on Twitter I
like the first that you have to click the
way you are verified and you really know
that's the person. And well it's
connected with my home page so it's
always nice to keep you updated. And
having also your fans who cannot travel
that much, who cannot come to the
tournaments just an update and
sometimes also some funny things and
it's just like entertaining but I don't need
to tweet that much, there are weeks
when I'm tweeting more and weeks
where I'm tweeting less.
Q. I have wanted to ask you this
for some time. Are young players in
Germany, do any of them try to copy
your forehand?
JULIA GOERGES: I have no
idea honestly. It would be nice if some
tried to copy it, it's always a pleasure but
I haven't really watched some young
kids who are saying to me, hey, I'm
trying to copy your forehand. They just
say sometimes, hey, I like you. You are
my idol and it's nice to hear those things
but specifically if they copy my forehand
or try to, I have no idea honestly.
End of Interview...
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #972
country flag KatjaS

http://www.changeovertennis.com/char...nnis-pressers/

Quote:
Julia Goerges

She’s lovely too. I pretty much like everyone when I meet them in person, unless I have to interact with them for a long period of time, then I hate them. Not really. Just kidding. Kind of. It’s late and I’m waiting for Venus to come to press. (Venus came to press, then we left the site, and now I am back here at my “home” for the week having a drink and finishing this piece. I’m telling you all of this TMI because I want to be honest and transparent. And because I always end up finishing these diaries at the end of the day when my brain doesn’t work anymore. It must be love.)

Okay, back to Julia. I think of her as extremely goofy–it’s probably the facial expressions–but in press she was very well-spoken and thoughtful. I liked her attitude a lot after her R1 win over Putintseva.

On how she views her year:

I have to say I’m not really unhappy with my tennis, how I’m playing, because I feel like I’m playing better and better. So it’s just like the results are not there, but I feel like I’m hitting the ball pretty well and that’s what counts for me, it’s not always the results I want, but the results will come one day.

On how she handles her emotions on court:

Honestly, I’m a pretty emotional girl, but sometimes you need to try to keep your emotions together to not lose that much energy and it’s always — yeah, a tough balance to find. And one day I’m — one day I’m screaming more, one day I’m screaming less. It’s always tough to find the balance. It’s also a little bit how your mood is on that day but — well, overall you always try to just focus on yourself and not letting the emotions do their way and just losing their focus, but definitely I’m not the type of girl who is quiet on the courts.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #973
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

This is from Jule's website on her loss to Vögele:

Julia lost her match against Stefanie Voegele (SUI) 6:3,1:6,3:6.
After waiting the whole day for the match, the girls finally went on court at 8pm.
It was a great match from both of them and Jule had the chance in the third to turn the match around after being down 0:2,15:40 on her serve, but Steffi played better in these moments and deserved the win.
Jule said after the match: "It was my best match here on the US Tour and I am on the right track. It is not about winning or losing. It is about seeing your improvements and that’s what I saw today."
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #974
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadiHH View Post
Jule said after the match: "It was my best match here on the US Tour and I am on the right track. It is not about winning or losing. It is about seeing your improvements and that’s what I saw today."

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #975
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes it is Julia will enjoy Bayern's win at Frankfurt + another title.
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote