Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread - Page 57 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 28th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #841
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

It means that she still feels exhausted because of the Olympics (she doesn't specify whether she means mentally or physically).
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 28th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #842
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Crazillo's explanation is right. The phrase has to do with mental and physical exhaustion. It has a similar meaning to "sapped my energy." Some people discussed it in this thread which I found: http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=2061112
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #843
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
Here is what she said after her 1st round loss against Pliskova:

"I'm disappointed but actually I played the points the right way today, I just couldn't finish them off, often hit the balls wide a little bit. That's due to the lack of matches and training but these things will improve again (with more matches and training).

I'm satisfied with how I played in the 1st set but after the rain delay I lost the plot and simply played badly. I wanted to put pressure on her, to make her move but it didn't work out, because I didn't convert like 20 break chances.

After having reached the 3rd round at GS seven times in a row, it's now the first time I went out in the 1st round. That's disappointing, of course, but the olympics took a lot out of me. I know that I have the quality to achieve something big at GS. But I have to give myself more time
"
This is from Sabine's statement. Would have been a bit laughable if she had pointed out that she hadn't enough practice and matches before the USO.
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #844
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light
Thank all of you for the answer. So, oh julia, did the olympics exhausted her? Oh, she played 3 matches almost 1 month ago... Ofcourse thats the reason why she brutally beated by a no name player. That totally make sense.

Last edited by LinusVanPelt : Aug 29th, 2012 at 12:11 AM.
LinusVanPelt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #845
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusVanPelt View Post
Thank all of you for the answer. So, oh julia, did the olympics exhausted her? Oh, she played 3 matches almost 1 month ago... Ofcourse thats the reason why she brutally beated by a no name player. That totally make sense.
The travelling isn't easy either
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #846
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #847
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post

i know how she feels. i also had a eye laser surgery 3 months ago.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #848
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
i know how she feels. i also had a eye laser surgery 3 months ago.
So, can you tell us if she's gonna win a lot of majors now?
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #849
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

The LASIK technology seems to really have progressed a lot, I remember a friend having it done 5 or so years ago and for her it took a few days until the vision was perfect...wasn't allowed to drive a car for 2 weeks if I remember correctly. Anyway, good for Julia that everything went smoothly apparently.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #850
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

My godfather did the same and was absoluteyl pleased with the results as well. Health insure does not pay this though, does it?
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #851
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

There are possible complications for night vision but hopefully the result is ideal for Julia.

That's why a lot of other players- Henin, Novak etc didn't want to get the surgery done, it isn't a guaranteed perfect result so they are afraid it might produce complications. But the surgeons have been no doubt getting better at it and if it works out well then her life will be a lot more convenient.

In NZ you'd have to pay for it- research suggests about three thousand NZ dollars.
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #852
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
There are possible complication for night vision but hopefully the result is ideal for Julia.
Oh boy. French Open anyone?
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #853
country flag HowardH

The other common complication is dry eyes so I guess she will be bringing more eye drops to the court now.
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #854
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

so, no more cute Julia with glasses pics anymore

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Bouchard(OD), Keys(F)
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #855
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Great news! Bye bye mole, hello eagle eye!
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote