Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 16th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #826
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

Auckland (yes that's where I'm from)
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 17th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #827
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Julia Goerges' Bad Gastein Blog: Saturday

BAD GASTEIN, Austria - Many of the WTA's brightest stars won their first title at the NÜRNBERGER Gastein Ladies and Julia Goerges is one of them, conquering the picturesque clay court tournament two years ago. And now the German chalks up another first in Bad Gastein - her first WTA Blog. Read on...

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hello again everyone,

Our doubles was very good today. We played solid and we were there in the important moments. In the second set we had one not-so-good game, but we came back and broke them at the end to finish it in two sets. We're getting better and better as the tournament goes on, which is good to see. We're going to have a tough final tomorrow though, as Petra and Anna are very good players and a good team. We'll enjoy it; the better team will win!

Jill and I are a little tired tonight and don't want to go anywhere, so we will just stay at the hotel, have dinner and then watch soccer, probably!

We do hang out most of the time after matches as we are a team and friends too. We enjoy our time together. We don't do anything specific every time.

Now I'll go for dinner... we'll chat tomorrow one last time ;-)

Jule

If you weren't a tennis player, what would you be? Mark
Honestly, I don't know what I would do then! When I think about it a little longer, I do like to do things that have to do with computers and taxes and stuff, so maybe to work in the background of a hotel or at reception? ;-)

What is your favorite German food? Max, France
My favorite German food is CROQUE, which is a toasted baguette with some homemade remoulade and other things like ham, tomatoes, cheese, etc.

How do you like your new Babolat racquet? Was it tough to adjust? Adrin, USA
I do like my Babolat racquet a lot. I feel I have more power and speed in my strokes and it also brings more spin. I just took it into my hand and loved it - it didn't take me long to adjust to it at all!

How will you celebrate if you and Jill win the tournament? And if Germany wins Euro 2012? Doug, USA
We would be pretty happy if we win our first title together here. It's always special to have a title with your best friend, so I hope we're going to make it tomorrow ;-) We can't celebrate long though, as Jill has to go to Wimbledon qualies and we will be driving back to Germany - I hope we make it before Germany's soccer game ;-)

http://www.wtatennis.com/blog/201206...257191_2814150
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #828
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Julia Goerges' Bad Gastein Blog: Sunday

BAD GASTEIN, Austria - Many of the WTA's brightest stars won their first title at the NÜRNBERGER Gastein Ladies and Julia Goerges is one of them, conquering the picturesque clay court tournament two years ago. And now the German chalks up another first in Bad Gastein - her first WTA Blog. Read on...

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hello again one last time from Bad Gastein ;-)

It was a very good doubles final today against Anna and Petra. After a slow start for both teams, the quality went up a lot. We probably should have won the first set - we had 40-0 or 40-15 like four times on our and their serves and didn't make them. Then they had the better tie-breaker and we had to fight back into the match! In the match tie-breaker it's always a bit about luck, but we played the important points better, even though my backhand down the line when we were up 9-8 was only out about two centimeters - but it was the right shot. In the end we were able to beat Anna and Petra, 67(4) 64 119.

From 9-9 we played two really good points, which ended with a return winner for Jilly-Billy ))) I just said to Jilly at 10-9 "Go for it Jilly" and she went for it with that return, so it was good coaching ))

We just tried to stay focused and enjoy our time on the court together.

We were very happy and did some photos but then we left directly. Jill went to the airport and we are on our way back to Germany by car! So we will have to celebrate when we get to Wimbledon, for sure I will fly to Wimbledon on Tuesday morning to have almost a full week of practice on grass there.

This was my last blog for the week. I hope everybody enjoyed it. I enjoyed writing it for sure and I hope to see you all again very soon!!

Take care,

Jule

Which would you love to do first - Olympic medal, Grand Slam title or Top 5 ranking? Manuel
An Olympic medal would mean the most to me as it's so special and you only have it every four years!

Who is your favorite player to watch on the ATP? Shannon
I like to watch Roger and David Nalbandian the most! The way they play looks so smooth - it's really amazing!

Love your blog - any chance of continuing it on your website? John
For sure I will write another blog for the WTA page again. On my homepage I always write some letters but not every day or every week. It takes a bit of time and effort I will keep you all updated for sure from my homepage and my Twitter as well (which, by the way, is @juliagoerges!)

http://www.wtatennis.com/blog/201206...257191_2814513
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #829
country flag CillyUltra

Nice audio interview in German after her 1st round win at the Olympics

http://olympia.ard.de/london2012/aud...dio122713.html
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #830
country flag merten

merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice merten is just really nice

For other it's not so nice

merten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #831
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Here is one pic from my best friend jilly and me @jcray74 before we went to dinner together

Old Aug 10th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #832
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

From "Le Journal de Montréal":

Le tennis allemand effectue un retour en force

Le Canada n’est pas le seul pays à voir ses représentants prendre d'assaut les circuits professionnels de tennis.

En effet si les Aleksandra Wozniak et Milos Raonic sont les meilleurs représentants unifoliés, les joueurs et joueuses de tennis allemands s’imposent eux aussi de plus en plus, surtout chez les dames.

En effet, pas moins de cinq représentantes allemandes sont parmi le top 40 du circuit de la WTA. Angelique Kerber (7e), Sabine Lisicki (19e), Andrea Petkovic (20e), Julia Goerges (25e) et Mona Barthel (37e), toutes des joueuses âgées entre 22 et 24 ans, connaissent une bonne ascension depuis quelques années.

«Nous nous connaissons depuis presque 10 ans, a affirmé Goerges, qui en est à une première visite à Montréal. Toutefois, la presse (allemande) n’est pas vraiment patiente et n’a pas vraiment été tendre à notre endroit en disant que le tennis était mort en Allemagne. Nous leur avons dit de nous laisser un peu de temps et maintenant, les résultats commencent à se faire sentir.

«Depuis qu’Andrea (Petkovic) a atteint les quarts de finale en Australie en 2011, le tennis est redevenu très populaire. Nous en sommes très fières.» Voici une situation qui ne s’est pas présentée depuis le règne de l'une des reines du tennis féminin, Steffi Graf. Il faut dire que celle qui a gagné 22 titres du Grand Chelem en carrière a réécrit le livre des records du tennis allemand.

Cependant, avec un bon bassin de population et une culture plutôt forte pour le sport, il fallait s’attendre à voir les Allemand(e)s revenir en force.

La clé du succès

Si, au Canada, le Centre national d’entraînement, basé à Montréal, aide considérablement le développement des jeunes joueurs et joueuses de tennis du pays, la situation semble bien différente en Allemagne.

«Même si en Fed Cup et aux Olympiques, nous formons une équipe unie, nous nous sommes entraînées chacun de notre côté, par nos propres moyens. Bien sûr, la Fédération (allemande de tennis) nous a aidées lorsque nous étions plus jeunes, financièrement et avec des commandites, mais je pense que c’est le travail individuel de chacun qui nous maintient parmi les meilleures au monde.»

Bien que moins évidente, la situation est tranquillement en train de se dupliquer chez les hommes, sur le circuit de l’ATP. Toutefois, on ne parle pas ici de jeunes louveteaux qui prennent d’assaut le tennis masculin, puisque Philipp Kohlschreiber (18e), Florian Mayer (23e) et Tommy Haas (25e) comptent tous plusieurs années d’expérience.

Une progression constante

D’un côté plus personnel, Goerges connaît une saison 2012 à la hauteur des résultats qu’elle a connus en 2011. L’Allemande avait terminé au 21e rang du classement à la fin de la dernière campagne.

«Je pense que je connais la meilleure année de ma carrière, a-t-elle souligné. Je suis très satisfaite de ma constance, notamment en atteignant le troisième tour des sept derniers tournois majeurs. Je n’ai jamais d’objectifs en termes de positions au classement, mais je tiens à être constante et une solide joueuse du top 20 mondial

Hey, I sense a bit of ambition here!

Article link: http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...etour-en-force
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #833
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

""I think I have now the best years of my career, she said. I'm very pleased with my consistency, particularly in reaching the third round of the last seven majors. I never targets in terms of positions in the standings, but I want to be consistent and solid player in the world top 20. ""

It seems she is happy with her achievements...
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #834
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Well it looks like it for some time now.
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #835
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light
Her conversation with tamira on twitter Makes No sense.
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #836
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusVanPelt View Post
Her conversation with tamira on twitter Makes No sense.
Both had the same idea at the same time to tweet about their dinner (and posted the same pic and wrote basically the same short text). They talk about this funny coincidence, that's all.
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #837
country flag CillyUltra

60 seconds with Julia Goerges:

The actress I would like to play me in a film about my life: I would like to play myself.

If I wasn’t a tennis player, I would be: I would like to work in a hotel. I’m into the booking stuff, taxes, and receipts and invoices, that sort of stuff.

I never travel to a tournament without: My rackets.

My favourite city on the tour: Melbourne.

The last place I went to on holiday: The north of Germany.

My favourite shop on tour: Louis Vuitton.

The last film I watched: Ha, ha. If I translate this you will laugh your ass off. It’s called ‘No sex is no solution’. It’s kind of a comedy.

The last album I listened to: Rihanna.

The last joke I laughed at: I cannot tell you the jokes, but I can tell you who told them. They were from my mixed doubles partner at Wimbledon, Daniel Nestor. I think he’s one of the craziest guys on tour. I cannot tell you the jokes, they’re just too bad.

The last meal I cooked: I never cook.

The last time I was recognised in public: At home in Germany.

The last time I broke a racket: At the French Open, during practice. I didn’t throw it. I just made boom on the ground, and it broke. I didn’t even hit it that hard. I was really surprised. I couldn’t really believe it.

Grass, hard or clay? Clay.

Sand or snow? Snow.

Which superpower – invisible or fly? To fly.

If I was in a karaoke bar, the song I would choose to sing: There are so many. Some songs from the 80s or 90s.

If I won the lottery, I would spend the money on: I would give some to charity, spend some on myself, buying a house or apartment. And also invest some. And maybe some things for my sister and nephew.

http://www.thetennisspace.com/off-co...julia-goerges/

Last edited by CillyUltra : Aug 15th, 2012 at 09:14 AM.
CillyUltra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #838
country flag Dispeker

Here is what she said after her 1st round loss against Pliskova:

"I'm disappointed but actually I played the points the right way today, I just couldn't finish them off, often hit the balls wide a little bit. That's due to the lack of matches and training but these things will improve again (with more matches and training).

I'm satisfied with how I played in the 1st set but after the rain delay I lost the plot and simply played badly. I wanted to put pressure on her, to make her move but it didn't work out, because I didn't convert like 20 break chances.

After having reached the 3rd round at GS seven times in a row, it's now the first time I went out in the 1st round. That's disappointing, of course, but the olympics took a lot out of me. I know that I have the quality to achieve something big at GS. But I have to give myself more time
"
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #839
country flag HowardH

I like that she seems have some big goals in mind based on that last statement. Ambition is necessary for a tennis player.

Essentially she describes a match of missed opportunities- chances lost on short balls and finishing shots, games lost after having break points (0% Bp conversion in the match). She feels that she was setting up points well but the finishing touch in tennis is extremely important (and difficult). More or less as I guessed the match had gone.
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #840
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
After having reached the 3rd round at GS seven times in a row, it's now the first time I went out in the 1st round. That's disappointing, of course, but the olympics took a lot out of me.
Olympics took a lot out of me? What does it mean, is this an expression? İ have seen it for the first time..